Caleb Williams is a bust

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Waldron and his staff is a huge upgrade compared to Getsy. At times, I didn’t like some of his red zone play calling, overall I think he’s a good coordinator and QB coach.

The Russell Wilson debate on this forum is a well-flogged dead horse. Let it rest.
The bar is exceedingly low in that case. Saying Waldron and upgrade in the same sentence is near blasphemy.

toffee

Reaction score
Completely. In fact all Caleb has done is bring up the question of his own risk by deflection.

If you’re a Heisman winner one year and finish 7-5 the next, your course of action is to prove your play in maybe The senior bowl, right, withoug that terrible defense. But instead he cries to Mommy on tv and then sits out an opportunity to prove himself against other pros.

He can’t keep thinking daddy is his agent.
I don't know football, I will leave the skills etc. to scouts, and I accept their assessment that Williams is superb.

After watching the interview on why he skipped medical tests, I wonder about his locker room presence or leadership. Williams has some Russell William vibe, not the cute goofiness of our Wilson, but more a calculated dude. His speech pattern and body language didn't project a fearless leader, I wonder if he is the type that other players will take risks to go that extra mile for. I don't know.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Green Bay and Detroits defense is better than Chicagos. And with a bad defense, he finished 7-5.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Green Bay and Detroits defense is better than Chicagos. And with a bad defense, he finished 7-5.
If Poles takes Verse or Turner at #9 and Dexter continues to improve, the pass rush will be much better in 2024. He needs to find a safety to replace Jackson, and the defense should be pretty solid.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
If Poles takes Verse or Turner at #9 and Dexter continues to improve, the pass rush will be much better in 2024. He needs to find a safety to replace Jackson, and the defense should be pretty solid.

So, so as you know Eberflus had to step in after the Original dc got fired. Do you even have a dc now or is E gonna keep doing this?

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
So, so as you know Eberflus had to step in after the Original dc got fired. Do you even have a dc now or is E gonna keep doing this?
They hired Eric Washington as DC, but Flus will continue to call plays on defense. In the end, Washington may be a glorified defensive line coach.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Ye
You can justify it however you want, crying in mom’s arms after a loss is a huge red flag for a QB who is supposed to be a leader of men. The NFL will eat him alive if he's that emotionally fragile. Imagine the trauma he'll go through if teams pass on him in the 1st round.
Yeah, I gotta agree.

There’s no room for crying in football.

Man up!

What a cry baby!

toffee

Reaction score
Ye

Yeah, I gotta agree.

There’s no room for crying in football.

Man up!

What a cry baby!
I beg to differ Legend, crying as empathy for other people's suffering is OK in my book. I won't think less of Tom Brady if he tears up after a teammate loses a baby. Same for crying over watching a genocide. But our Willams didn't cry for those, didn't he?

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Well, Caleb got paid over 10m for college. He was, by definition, a professional football player and they don’t go crying to their mama.

GemCity

Reaction score
I don’t know. I definitely don’t like the waves he’s creating already. His attitude seems ‘off’.

A guy like this either comes in and tears it up, or falls flat on his face with no in between type consistency.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I don’t know. I definitely don’t like the waves he’s creating already. His attitude seems ‘off’.

A guy like this either comes in and tears it up, or falls flat on his face with no in between type consistency.
Dude's a leader. Chicago will be 9-8 this year.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Dude's a leader. Chicago will be 9-8 this year.

A leader is not one who cries publicly in mamas arms after losing a game making pro level money Already.

And a grown adult should realize the value of having professionals manage their professional affairs. Caleb came off as nothing but a nacaccistick prick posing for the combine.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
A leader is not one who cries publicly in mamas arms after losing a game making pro level money Already.

And a grown adult should realize the value of having professionals manage their professional affairs. Caleb came off as nothing but a nacaccistick prick posing for the combine.
that’s crazy

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score

Williams lost the game against UW and started crying to his mother afterwards. Granted I’m a UW fan and I enjoyed UW defeating USC, it did make me think why is the supposed number 1 pick crying to his mother? If he’s so good why doesn’t he help his teammates get better in other ways? Why isn’t he showing he is a capable leader? You know I don’t know what leaders go crying to their mothers after a football game loss…is Williams going to go crying to his mother every time he loses in the NFL? Listen, the NFL is way more intense than college. I don’t care how much Williams wanted to “beat” UW or how much he wanted to win, in football, you’re not really showing your teammates you are a good leader if you are crying after losing a game…

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
that’s crazy

Williams lost the game against UW and started crying to his mother afterwards. Granted I’m a UW fan and I enjoyed UW defeating USC, it did make me think why is the supposed number 1 pick crying to his mother? If he’s so good why doesn’t he help his teammates get better in other ways? Why isn’t he showing he is a capable leader? You know I don’t know what leaders go crying to their mothers after a football game loss…is Williams going to go crying to his mother every time he loses in the NFL? Listen, the NFL is way more intense than college. I don’t care how much Williams wanted to “beat” UW or how much he wanted to win, in football, you’re not really showing your teammates you are a good leader if you are crying after losing a game…
I guarantee you that Ryan Poles doesn’t give a &$# about this, and the Bears are drafting Williams.

CactusJack

Reaction score
Caleb is special. The Bears would be beyond stupid to stick with Fields. They won't.