Caleb Williams is a bust

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
This is what the 49ers planned to do with Lance in 2022, and what you did with Fields
I am going into it optimistic until I see something concrete to change my mind.

And I’m not going to panic if it takes him some time to get adapted to the NFL. Most QBs do.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
bears will ruin any chance he has at being an NFL QB.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
It's weird, but he doesn't really have anything to gain by doing the medical testing. It's not that much different than when players only do their drills at their pro day.

He has some ego, but I don't see much that I think will hold him back from being an upper-eschelon starting QB. Well except maybe being drafted by the Bears.

EDIT: I was going to mock the Bears for being around since 1920, yet Mitchell Trubisky, as awful as he is, ranks fifth in their history in passing yards, but then I saw that Rick Mirer is fifth in our franchise history, so I decided to stop examining further.
Yep, it is truly horrible, and I’ve been watching this literally for 60 years. I’m trying hard to resist my PTSD and hope we have finally found our next HOF QB to follow Luckman.

Go Bears!

sc85sis

Reaction score
Ok, but not doing your medical at the combine is a whole another issue. Caleb has said he will only be releasing these to individual teams? Could it be that he’s maybe worried about not passing the drug test?
He’s not “releasing” results to teams. He has said he will do medical tests for teams - meaning the specific team or teams docs will test him. He doesn’t see the reason to provide all his medical info to 32 teams when there are only a few that may actually draft him.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Let's see if he will take that S2 test.
Stroud failed that test. It has little predictive validity. He has nothing to gain by taking it. Personally, I couldn’t care less whether he takes it. Poles and Flus say they base their evaluations on the tape (80%) and the interviews (20%).

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
I hope Bears draft him. It’ll ensure the Bears won’t do anything and be one less NFC competitor for the notable future.

The Bears don’t know what to do with QBs.

Although, I think Williams can use some more humility.

Not sure if he can be the QB his projection suggest.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
I hope Bears draft him. It’ll ensure the Bears won’t do anything and be one less NFC competitor for the notable future.

The Bears don’t know what to do with QBs.

Although, I think Williams can use some more humility.

Not sure if he can be the QB his projection suggest.
Poles has the #1 and #9 picks plus $80 million cap space. If he can’t get something big out of all that, he deserves to be shot at sunrise!

CPHawk

Reaction score
The Bears need someone who can come in from day 1, and Williams isn’t it. He’s immature, entitled and thinks he knows it all.
It’s worse than any of that. His dad is calling all the shots here. When a parent has this much influence over a grown adult man, it rarely turns out good for the son on the field.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
You don’t draft a guy #1 overall and sit him on the bench. He will be starter day-1 and it may take him awhile to get grounded. I’m hoping Waldron can assist with that, which is why he was brought in. Bears fans are already getting excited.😆
The Waldo hire doesn't alarm you? I was shocked .

cymatica

Reaction score
He carried USC the last two years. Did you see how bad the defense was? In case you didn’t, they were 94th in 2022 and 121st in 2023. We are talking historically bad for SC. So yeah, he cried after realizing it was all for nothing this season. Big deal. I’d rather have a guy who cares than one who doesn’t.

You can justify it however you want, crying in moms arms after a loss is a huge red flag for a QB who is supposed to be a leader of men. The NFL will eat him alive if he's that emotionally fragile. Imagine the trauma he'll go through if teams pass on him in the 1st round.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
It’s worse than any of that. His dad is calling all the shots here. When a parent has this much influence over a grown adult man, it rarely turns out good for the son on the field.

Just like Dwayne Haskins dad tried to control him.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
He’s not “releasing” results to teams. He has said he will do medical tests for teams - meaning the specific team or teams docs will test him. He doesn’t see the reason to provide all his medical info to 32 teams when there are only a few that may actually draft him.

The original point of combine testing was so that one team of doctors could do assessments. That’s how, for instance, we know Bryce Young is 5 foot 10 1/8, as opposed to the extra half inch his school would put out there.

Drug testing, too, is not handled By the teams.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Waldron and his staff is a huge upgrade compared to Getsy. At times, I didn’t like some of his red zone play calling, overall I think he’s a good coordinator and QB coach.

The Russell Wilson debate on this forum is a well-flogged dead horse. Let it rest.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score

So, this is prolly how it’s going to work. He schedules a meeting with the bears and maybe others for a month from now in which he goes on a sauna diet, all while getting the bears into negotiating with him directly, meaning his dad indirectly, as he doesn’t have an agent, for his 30m bag.

So he goes there thinking All will be forgiven if he loses some or many games while dad promotes his brand…

Last edited:

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
Waldron and his staff is a huge upgrade compared to Getsy. At times, I didn’t like some of his red zone play calling, overall I think he’s a good coordinator and QB coach.

The Russell Wilson debate on this forum is a well-flogged dead horse. Let it rest.
If I was a Bears fan I would be concerned that the potential franchise QB‘s development is up to Shane Waldron

toffee

Reaction score

My simple logic, if the testing results will enhance your stats, why wouldn't you take it? You avoid testing to minimize potential risks that results may not be strong enough. Williams can provide all kinds of reasons to justify his avoidance, but in the end of the day, he is trying to minimize a risk. WAIT, risk? what risk?

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
My simple logic, if the testing results will enhance your stats, why wouldn't you take it? You avoid testing to minimize potential risks that results may not be strong enough. Williams can provide all kinds of reasons to justify his avoidance, but in the end of the day, he is trying to minimize a risk. WAIT, risk? what risk?

Completely. In fact all Caleb has done is bring up the question of his own risk by deflection.

If you’re a Heisman winner one year and finish 7-5 the next, your course of action is to prove your play in maybe The senior bowl, right, withoug that terrible defense. But instead he cries to Mommy on tv and then sits out an opportunity to prove himself against other pros.

He can’t keep thinking daddy is his agent.