Caleb Williams is a bust

WarHawks

Reaction score
Yeah, lots of red flags to be sure. Maybe he'll fall to 16. Lol.

sc85sis

Reaction score
He carried USC the last two years. Did you see how bad the defense was? In case you didn’t, they were 94th in 2022 and 121st in 2023. We are talking historically bad for SC. So yeah, he cried after realizing it was all for nothing this season. Big deal. I’d rather have a guy who cares than one who doesn’t.

As for not playing the bowl game and not throwing at the Combine, that’s not unusual anymore. A lot of top QBs do that. People were surprised when Stroud threw at last year’s Combine. And Caleb was at the bowl game supporting Miller Moss; he didn’t just skip it.

I have no clue whether Caleb will succeed in the NFL. No one does. He’s incredibly talented, but he will need to overcome some hero ball tendencies that emerged this year. But this narrative that he’s some whiny dude who doesn’t give his all is just wrong and is driven by the media and social media.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Ok, but not doing your medical at the combine is a whole another issue. Caleb has said he will only be releasing these to individual teams? Could it be that he’s maybe worried about not passing the drug test?

NoGain

Reaction score
Caleb Williams is an uber talent. You could see it from the moment he stepped on the field as a freshman at Oklahoma.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Ok, but not doing your medical at the combine is a whole another issue. Caleb has said he will only be releasing these to individual teams? Could it be that he’s maybe worried about not passing the drug test?
If that’s a concern, then teams can feel free to request a test. He has said he will do team medicals.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
This medical is all his private affair, from hand size down to his thc results. Which he could have arranged before going to partay, technically.

I see Jonny Manziel diva all over this guy.

warden

Reaction score
I have had a bad feel about Williams for awhile.

He is all about himself.

He is just about the money.

Once he gets the money, football will be taking a back seat red flag all over this kid

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
I have had a bad feel about Williams for awhile.

He is all about himself.

He is just about the money.

Once he gets the money, football will be taking a back seat red flag all over this kid
He’s already made $12 million in endorsements, and he’s just getting started. I watched his whole press conference at the combine. He wants to rewrite the record books. That’s his focus. He also said he did the press conference to clear up some misconceptions. I’m a lot more excited today than I was a couple weeks ago.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
I think he's a bust especially if he's going to a moribund franchise like the bears. They will kill any chance he has of being a starter.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Forget it. Williams is going to the Bears. Period.
This would make perfect sense for both parties, given history. This would make even better historical sense if Duh Bears traded their entire draft to an NFC West team like the tards for no actual reason in order to get this QB prospect.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
This would make perfect sense for both parties, given history. This would make even better historical sense if Duh Bears traded their entire draft to an NFC West team like the tards for no actual reason in order to get this QB prospect.
Poles isn’t Pace. His instinct is to trade down, not up. Looks like it’s working.

Rosco

Reaction score
He carried USC the last two years. Did you see how bad the defense was? In case you didn’t, they were 94th in 2022 and 121st in 2023. We are talking historically bad for SC. So yeah, he cried after realizing it was all for nothing this season. Big deal. I’d rather have a guy who cares than one who doesn’t.

As for not playing the bowl game and not throwing at the Combine, that’s not unusual anymore. A lot of top QBs do that. People were surprised when Stroud threw at last year’s Combine. And Caleb was at the bowl game supporting Miller Moss; he didn’t just skip it.

I have no clue whether Caleb will succeed in the NFL. No one does. He’s incredibly talented, but he will need to overcome some hero ball tendencies that emerged this year. But this narrative that he’s some whiny dude who doesn’t give his all is just wrong and is driven by the media and social media.
Riley has always had a bad defense. Not to mention, QBs that comes from his teams prove to be overrated in most cases.
BTW, you didn’t address Williams turning down medicals.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
He’s already made $12 million in endorsements, and he’s just getting started. I watched his whole press conference at the combine. He wants to rewrite the record books. That’s his focus. He also said he did the press conference to clear up some misconceptions. I’m a lot more excited today than I was a couple weeks ago.

The Bears need someone who can come in from day 1, and Williams isn’t it. He’s immature, entitled and thinks he knows it all.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
The Bears need someone who can come in from day 1, and Williams isn’t it. He’s immature, entitled and thinks he knows it all.
You don’t draft a guy #1 overall and sit him on the bench. He will be starter day-1 and it may take him awhile to get grounded. I’m hoping Waldron can assist with that, which is why he was brought in. Bears fans are already getting excited.😆

Rat

Reaction score
It's weird, but he doesn't really have anything to gain by doing the medical testing. It's not that much different than when players only do their drills at their pro day.

He has some ego, but I don't see much that I think will hold him back from being an upper-eschelon starting QB. Well except maybe being drafted by the Bears.

EDIT: I was going to mock the Bears for being around since 1920, yet Mitchell Trubisky, as awful as he is, ranks fifth in their history in passing yards, but then I saw that Rick Mirer is fifth in our franchise history, so I decided to stop examining further.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
You don’t draft a guy #1 overall and sit him on the bench. He will be starter day-1 and it may take him awhile to get grounded. I’m hoping Waldron can assist with that, which is why he was brought in. Bears fans are already getting excited.😆

This is what the 49ers planned to do with Lance in 2022, and what you did with Fields