Cable/Bevell/Quinn

WilsonLegend

Reaction score
Wouldn't it be cool to see all three of them becomes head coaches next year?
Personally I don't want for that to happen but it'll be cool to see.
Which would mean (4) assistance coaches becoming head coaches under Carroll.

The Radish

Reaction score
WilsonLegend":74h64sj4 said:
Wouldn't it be cool to see all three of them becomes head coaches next year?
Personally I don't want for that to happen but it'll be cool to see.
Which would mean (4) assistance coaches becoming head coaches under Carroll.

One of the rare times I'm almost speechless.

Why in the world would you want that???

Have you given no thought to how that will affect our team?

:141847_bnono:

Pie Romania

Reaction score
I wish NFL teams out of the playoffs couldn't do this kind of crap while the playoff teams need to focus on the games. This annoys the hell out of me. If you want to try to snag a coach from a good team, do it when the games are over.

The Radish

Reaction score
It used to be that you couldn't contact coaches on teams in the playoffs. But the NFL in their superior thinking would allow all other teams coaches to interview making it unfair to the coaches on playoff teams.

So rather than make it only possible to interview new coaches after the SuperB owl they did it this way.

So its unfair to the teams and a distraction to the coaches. Makes perfect NFL sense, right?

:les:

lsheldon

Reaction score
tooshort":z66b7pib said:
Wouldn't it be awesome to see all our backups as starters elsewhere too!??

:177692:

I like My Seahawks as Seahawks, screw the other 31 teams.

word

Exittium

Reaction score
lsheldon":2g3p9t76 said:
tooshort":2g3p9t76 said:

word

Yup agreed :13:

Hawks46

Reaction score
The Radish":2dd0zige said:
It used to be that you couldn't contact coaches on teams in the playoffs. But the NFL in their superior thinking would allow all other teams coaches to interview making it unfair to the coaches on playoff teams.

So rather than make it only possible to interview new coaches after the SuperB owl they did it this way.

So its unfair to the teams and a distraction to the coaches. Makes perfect NFL sense, right?

So you're saying that this is just another step in the NFL's communistic approach towards parity Les ? :twisted:

OP
OP
W

WilsonLegend

Reaction score
tooshort":13ytu40s said:

Hahaha good point! Was just a spurt-of-the-moment thought.

The Radish

Reaction score
Hawks46":fysmaldu said:
The Radish":fysmaldu said:

So you're saying that this is just another step in the NFL's communistic approach towards parity Les ? :twisted:

No, this is another step towards utter stupidity by the NFL.

I have one comment,,,,if Tom Cable is stupid enough to sign on with either Detroit or Minnesota then he's way more stupid than I thought he was and good riddance.

:roll:

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Yeah, it'd be pretty tough to lose 3 assistants in one off-season... and I'm with Radish about not liking the distraction during a playoff run. Hopefully they can have some boundaries established for the sake of what the team is trying to accomplish. Not saying that any of them is easily replaceable, but there's got to be other guys who are well-qualified and who would fit the system who are just waiting for a chance. Leadership of guys like Pete and Tom Cable probably help with developing coaches for bigger and better opportunities. I could see Ken Norton, Jr. possibly getting a promotion - if it comes to that. Without having any insiders knowledge, I would was hoping to have Tom Cable stick around to be the eventual successor to Pete. Other than the obvious success of the D, I'm somewhat surprised to hear Dan Quinn's name already. No disrespect there. I know he's put in time before he left temporarily to coach at UF. Bevell's name has been mentioned in years past (I think when he was with Minnesota, as well.)

Mitch

Reaction score
Please Dan Quinn, stay another year or two. Mr. Bevell, go get that job! Still on the fence on Cable.

Jville

Reaction score
The Radish":3jlagx7u said:

Monopolies can behave any way they want. Teams with a bunker mentality don't have a problem with the current practice. They simply refuse to grant permission for interviews. The NFL is not an open market innovator. It is a powerful heavy handed monopoly. Even the Justice Department bows to the NFL.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
The Radish":1332j6kv said:
I have one comment,,,,if Tom Cable is stupid enough to sign on with either Detroit or Minnesota then he's way more stupid than I thought he was and good riddance.

:roll:

Gus Bradley went to Jacksonville. There are few bars lower than that.

Jville

Reaction score
The Jacksonville move was credible.

Where as Jimmy Haslam's Cleveland Browns may be the worst of the worst.

Norv Turner clearly asked why the staff was told the plan was for a long-term rebuild when the commitment from the front office didn't last a year. Turner also detailed his concern that the coaching staff worked with handicaps given the personnel on the field, the sources said.
Link >>> http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/norv-turne ... d=21385049

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
Pie Romania":3j44wsl0 said:
I wish NFL teams out of the playoffs couldn't do this kind of crap while the playoff teams need to focus on the games. This annoys the hell out of me. If you want to try to snag a coach from a good team, do it when the games are over.

I agree, this will be a distraction for sure, should be after the superbowl.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
since we may potentially lose these three maybe we should start interviewing all the assistant coaches on the teams we may face as possible replacements?

seedhawk

Reaction score
Seems I remember this policy having something to do with fostering minority interviews under the Rooney rule.

Axx

Reaction score
better yet, lets fire all of them including pete and john to prove that russell wilson is 100% of the team.

amill87

Reaction score
The NFL allows this to happen because it gives teams equal opportunity and time to find the best coaches which improves the overall product. As others have said over and over, the team has to allow it and its pretty clear Carroll does not feel its a distraction.

On the flip side of this, if we get some more coaches leaving and becoming head coaches, every hot shot coordinator in the league or college coach is gonna want to come here. The Seahawks have an awesome facility, money, and coaches under Pete are getting their own head coaching gigs. Its gonna be a huge draw.