Breaking: Jared Allen back for second visit

Status
Not open for further replies.

tooshort

Reaction score
hawksfansince90":3gh5hofo said:
That goof on twitter claiming that his friend who has worked at Vmac for 8 years, saying it wasn't true about Allen visiting again is nowhere to be found now. What a fool. Embarrassing too that he's a Hawks fan, according to his twitter bio.

I was a little scared (for about ten seconds) about that "source" since my guy hasn't broken a story to me in almost 4 years and he usually gives me first hand hawks info not the "from an extremely reliable source" second hand info of today.

That said...

Anyone who believed the guy on twitter who had a friend "that worked at the VMAC" 2 years before it existed (in more than a architects eyes/drafts) needs to learn how to type key words into google,bing,etc...

Xarbx425

Reaction score
C'mon guys... I thought Clemons was great but how would he have done if you had put him in minny in place of Allen. I think Allen has huge potential here esp with the LOB behind him and having him line up with Avril and Bennett? SCARY to think about.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
tooshort":1diiumb1 said:
hawksfansince90":1diiumb1 said:
That goof on twitter claiming that his friend who has worked at Vmac for 8 years, saying it wasn't true about Allen visiting again is nowhere to be found now. What a fool. Embarrassing too that he's a Hawks fan, according to his twitter bio.

I was a little scared (for about ten seconds) about that "source" since my guy hasn't broken a story to me in almost 4 years and he usually gives me first hand hawks info not the "from an extremely reliable source" second hand info of today.

That said...

Anyone who believed the guy on twitter who had a friend "that worked at the VMAC" 2 years before it existed (in more than a architects eyes/drafts) needs to learn how to type key words into google,bing,etc...

Congrats on breaking the story, man. Pretty big deal.

King Dog

Reaction score
John Clayton says it will be "awhile" until Allen signs anywhere, so most likely he signs tomorrow.

Laloosh

Reaction score
While I'm not in favor of breaking the bank, I think some people should look back to ATL in 2012, where we had no pass rush.

If we can find a guy who puts pressure on QBs in a passing league, make an honest run at signing him.

Pick6

Reaction score
Isn't his intro from SNF from culinary academy or something?

tooshort

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2fz6gy6s said:
tooshort":2fz6gy6s said:
hawksfansince90":2fz6gy6s said:

That said...

I'm just surprised that "captain useless" (up until now) Terry Blount may have actually broken this days ago! Still miss Sando for sure, but this could be the first sign of semi-competence from our designated espn writer!!

hawksfansince90

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1nckl2b4 said:
tooshort":1nckl2b4 said:
hawksfansince90":1nckl2b4 said:

That said...

I think Sherman post-game rant is in order for the the guy on twitter who had a friend that worked at Vmac for 8 years"

hawksfansince90

Reaction score
Twitter guy whose friend that works at Vmac for 8 years in damage mode apologizing. I suppose he deserves some credit for at least not hiding and being man. Still, he came off as total douche with how he was attacking and trying to discredit the initial fan who was the very first to put it on twitter, as well as those who followed suit.

@SeahawkSon I was totally wrong my source shit the bed again ! Sorry for doubting you and them

two dog

Reaction score
Clem was a great player for this team and for it's history. He was a large part of the turnaround.

He's not here anymore and my feelings for him as a Seahawk are quite different than for, say,
Golden Tate. But he's still not here. Comparing him to players not yet signed, or for that matter,
guys already here, seems to me to be an empty exercise. Because he's not only here, he ain't
comin' back.

So good on the guys that ARE here, welcome Allen or who ever else walks through the door and
says "I'M IN".

dino26

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":1ltzh6jj said:
#69 is going to be a hot selling jersey!

That it would :lol: ...id get one for sure great player always wanted this guy to be a Seahawk !

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Smellyman":1nhb6i6i said:
consistant double digit sack guy with a high of 22 just a couple of season ago. dude is a monster.

And as Brock likes to point out. how many more sacks is Clink worth?

Last year? Minus 6. Seattle had more sacks on the road than at home. I know, weird?

seahawksny

Reaction score
dont like it
This team was built on signing and developing young talent, not players on verge of retiring. They tried that and the result was............

Antoine winfield- didnt make team
Braylon Edwards- Played decent, but half a season only
T.O. didnt make team
Kellen Winslow- didnt make team

I understand three of those four had either trouble with the law or were headcases and Allen does not fall into that category, but how many ten year vets has this team signed in last two years that has had a serious impact- ZILCH!!!!!!!!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
seahawksny":1ysb0a2t said:
dont like it
This team was built on signing and developing young talent, not players on verge of retiring. They tried that and the result was............

T.O. didnt make team

I understand three of those four had either trouble with the law or were headcases and Allen does not fall into that category, but how many ten year vets has this team signed in last two years that has had a serious impact- ZILCH!!!!!!!!
Apples and oranges. Bennett and Avril were not exactly young players and they seemed to do all right last year. As long as the deal doesn't hurt the teams future cap much and doesn't stop you from locking up the "core" to long term contracts, it makes a great team even better.

Steve2222

Reaction score
seahawksny":ljcq1id6 said:
dont like it

T.O. didnt make team

Lol at comparing Allen to all those players. Jared Allen is still an elite player in this league. The above mentioned were either pushing 40 or never elite.

seahawksny

Reaction score
Steve2222":3mnmdlz3 said:
seahawksny":3mnmdlz3 said:
dont like it

T.O. didnt make team

Lol at comparing Allen to all those players. Jared Allen is still an elite player in this league. The above mentioned were either pushing 40 or never elite.

Not comparing the talent. comparing the age and do we spend it on age vs youth. They havent spent on age, why start now. T.O. was elite, and Braylon first couple years was very good.

Largent80

Reaction score
Shrugs shoulders and continues with morning.

I guess the cutting of Clem and the hiring of J.A. is completely different because of the contract structure. Maybe Clem said no to restructure, since they more than likely would be paid about the same.

Steve2222

Reaction score
seahawksny":1y9dvl79 said:
Steve2222":1y9dvl79 said:
seahawksny":1y9dvl79 said:
dont like it

T.O. didnt make team

Not comparing the talent. comparing the age and do we spend it on age vs youth. They havent spent on age, why start now. T.O. was elite, and Braylon first couple years was very good.

Jared Allen is 32. For a position like DE, that's not that old at all. TO was 38 years old. That's ancient, especially a position like WR and no longer elite at the time. Not to mention he was a cancer in every locker rom he was in. JA has never been accused of being a bad teammate.

Again....terrible comparison.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Doesn't matter if you don't like it or not. It matters what PC and JS think, the guys who know more about football than all of us combined.

Status
Not open for further replies.