Breaking: Jared Allen back for second visit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bprez3

Reaction score
Jared Allen is not coming back to have breakfast in Bellevue again. Safe to say this is a done deal. I loved Chris Clemons but at this stage I see Jared Allen as a significant upgrade

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Bprez3":l4v5ayq5 said:
Jared Allen is not coming back to have breakfast in Bellevue again. Safe to say this is a done deal. I loved Chris Clemons but at this stage I see Jared Allen as a significant upgrade

Yeah. Allen is on the decline, but he would be better than Clemons was last year. He would be an upgrade for our pass rush package. Hopefully they can lure him in with a decent 1 or 2 year deal.

Hawks46

Reaction score
We're not paying his price, but he would be a good addition. Think about it, we're not all that desperate, and he's visited everyone interested and still doesn't have a job.

I know we could front load a contract, but I'd rather not pay him 10 mil/year and have a chance at losing Sherman and/or Thomas. I think it also sends a poor message: we'll let some of our home grown guys go over a few million, but pay the new guy 10 million to just show up.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I hope this is true. I'm surprise so many are against bringing in Allen, it seems more like people just want to protect themselves if we don;t sign him because once he signs and is terrorizing QB's in the CLINK they will be soooo happy to have him. Allen is a beast and there is no denying it, I understand $ is a factor but cutting Red, Clem, Rice, and restructuring Miller gives us some flexibility.

SirTed

Reaction score
Would all of you in favor of Allen gladly pay more for him next year than Clemons was due? Just curious. I don't think I would.

And for those that think Allen is a significant upgrade - did you see the way Clemons was coming on towards the end of the year, including the SB? He seemed like he still had gas in the tank once he started to heal a bit.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Would be incredibly cool to get him at a fair price, I hope to see it happen soon! Go Seahawks!

plyka

Reaction score
Hawks46":lofo9l2q said:
We're not paying his price, but he would be a good addition. Think about it, we're not all that desperate, and he's visited everyone interested and still doesn't have a job.

I know we could front load a contract, but I'd rather not pay him 10 mil/year and have a chance at losing Sherman and/or Thomas. I think it also sends a poor message: we'll let some of our home grown guys go over a few million, but pay the new guy 10 million to just show up.

The hawks shouldn't pay him that much because he isn't worth it and this is an attractive location.

However regarding the message that it sends I couldn't disagree with you more. Letting our guys go and paying for FA talent sends a fine message: always compete. No one on this team is owed anything, they don't deserve anything because of tenure or because their father is Paul Allen's cousin. If you are the best you will play, we want you and you will get paid.

Hendo66

Reaction score
If it's a reasonable deal for the Hawks and JA than it should be a win-win.
Make it happen FO.

Kakaww

Reaction score
I have a big man crush on Jared Allen, so I would be ecstatic if we sign him. I don't concern myself with the financials much. I doubt John and Pete are just winging the whole team building thing and understand where the holes are and who needs to get re-signed.

Bprez3

Reaction score
SirTed":1y483gub said:
Would all of you in favor of Allen gladly pay more for him next year than Clemons was due? Just curious. I don't think I would.

And for those that think Allen is a significant upgrade - did you see the way Clemons was coming on towards the end of the year, including the SB? He seemed like he still had gas in the tank once he started to heal a bit.

Respect Clemons and the effort that he gave the Hawks during his time here. He had his best game of the year during the biggest game of his career. No denying that.

Both of them are on the wrong side of 30. With that said, I would rather have Jared Allen now, and at any stage of his career over Clem. The sack numbers don't lie. Plus the FO seems to be leaning this way too. Just reading the tea leaves.

In regards to what Allen gets paid I could care less but it should be less than what Bennett took.

Smellyman

Reaction score
consistant double digit sack guy with a high of 22 just a couple of season ago. dude is a monster.

And as Brock likes to point out. how many more sacks is Clink worth?

Wartooth

Reaction score
I think deep down Allen wants a chance to go out a champion.
Minnesota paid him a lot of dollars, and he earned it.
It wouldn't surprise me at all if he took less money for one last shot at a ring.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I honestly can't envision a scenario where he visits a second time and doesn't sign.

Maxman186

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1tx58ifn said:
I honestly can't envision a scenario where he visits a second time and doesn't sign.
Maybe he just wants more Breakfast

Wartooth

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":1obi32fc said:
#69 is going to be a hot selling jersey!

That's why they let Clint go, to free up the number.

Sac

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3c3yc1zz said:

The real question is whether he's bringing his wife. If so, keep your fingers crossed for nice weather and a sea plane ride to the VMAC.

hawksfansince90

Reaction score
That goof on twitter claiming that his friend who has worked at Vmac for 8 years, saying it wasn't true about Allen visiting again is nowhere to be found now. What a fool. Embarrassing too that he's a Hawks fan, according to his twitter bio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts