Bobby says Russ tried to recruit him to Denver 1 week before trade

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
That's just it, I love the hell out of Bobby Wagner the Player, but Bobby Wagner the Negotiation Agent wasn't doing his due diligence, by keeping his client at the ready for conversation...I think he expected that John and or Pete would just float him the time to negotiate, believing that he had some leverage.
I mean this was SUPPOSED to be a two way conversation...BOTH SIDES DROPPED THE BALL.
Now as for the Russell Wilson not being aware of the likelihood of HIS trade to the Donko's John63 said that it was his belief, that it was PETE CARROLL who forced him out at the last moments, so the timeline on RW's trying to recruit BW... DAYS BEFORE the actual trade? ...NO ONE PLAYER is more important than the TEAM.
I know that for some of y'all, it would be wonderful to have a minute by minute inside info-flow coming from the Seahawks organization, but I think it's pretty obvious, that there's a hell of a lot that goes on behind the scenes that we as fans aren't privy to...IT'S A BUSINESS, and sometimes things happen very fast...LOT'S OF MOVING PARTS & PERSONALITIES.
I agree -

Thought a little more of Bobby - but essentially they are both acting like idiots now. Russ, to a lesser extent, surprisingly.

Bobby knew. Lies if he says otherwise.

Good luck on your new teams boys. Nothing to see here. Kinda like trying to figure out why the woman cheated on you - the writing was on the wall LONG before the event took place. And, I called it. Well, Russ anyways - Bobby blindsided me.

Everyone knows they're gone now, right?

John63

Reaction score
Going back to this post about a supposed "LEAK that they were looking to trade him", do you have VERIFICATION of this actually happening, or is this your way of covering for your ongoing defensive stance on Wilson?
Hey look, IF you have something let's see it, otherwise, it's purely speculation or hear-say & likely didn't happen.
Dude links and stuff have been posted about this in this forum over the years go find them I mean it was all over last year they was looking at other Qbs and talking with the bears.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Dude links and stuff have been posted about this in this forum over the years go find them I mean it was all over last year they was looking at other Qbs and talking with the bears.
All HEAR-SAY crap John, & NOTHING SUBSTANTIATED with >>ACTUAL<<>>FACTS!
IF YOU & several other Pete critics are going to Cut-Throat on a guy, y'all should at least have definitive proof that chit went down & Pete was FOR A PROVEN FACT, Guilty of those pertinent accusations, eh?

John63

Reaction score
All HEAR-SAY crap John, & NOTHING SUBSTANTIATED with >>ACTUAL<<>>FACTS!
IF YOU & several other Pete critics are going to Cut-Throat on a guy, y'all should at least have definitive proof that chit went down & Pete was FOR A PROVEN FACT, Guilty of those pertinent accusations, eh?
So in other words you are choosing to forget all the articles about how they were talking to the Bears about trading Wilson, or how a year or so earlier they were at Allen's pro day and Mahomes. Something you don't do unless you are looking to trade your current QB. But I understand you ignoring what has been written is what works best for you o0therwis you would be just wrong all the time. As to definitive proof, it depends on what your opinion is of definitive proof. Nowadays there is none till it actually happens however that does not change the facts they were looking and having talks. Let's remember PC was just saying a week before they trade they were not looking to trade Wilson yet we find out they had been talking about it for over a month. PLenty of proof yet you choose to ignore it.

nwHawk

Reaction score
JS gets paid to have his eyes and ears out there looking to improve the team even if us fans get chapped ass because of it. Fans need to get over it. Hell, I would have liked to see what would have gone down with Russ and Mahomes on the same team. Am I the only one…?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
So in other words you are choosing to forget all the articles about how they were talking to the Bears about trading Wilson, or how a year or so earlier they were at Allen's pro day and Mahomes. Something you don't do unless you are looking to trade your current QB. But I understand you ignoring what has been written is what works best for you o0therwis you would be just wrong all the time. As to definitive proof, it depends on what your opinion is of definitive proof. Nowadays there is none till it actually happens however that does not change the facts they were looking and having talks. Let's remember PC was just saying a week before they trade they were not looking to trade Wilson yet we find out they had been talking about it for over a month. PLenty of proof yet you choose to ignore it.
LET ME HELP YOU.
You mean all the RUMORS about them talking to the Bears???, C'mon do you actually believe that??????
Never mind, I already know your gullible answer.
Going after another Quarterback is "Someting you don't do unless your looking to trade your current Quarterback" REALLY????? The 49rs trade their soul for Trey Lance with already having #1 QB Jimmy Garrapollo on the team.
Green Bay goes and gets Jordan Love with Rodgers already in the drivers seat, had Rodgers riding the pine wile Favre was slinging it.
Montana & Young on the same team ETC. ETC. ETC.
Teams have been doing this QB gig for a LOOOOOOOOOONG time.
NOW, Pete said that he had NO INTENTION of trading Wilson away, and just like Russ, Pete was keeping shit to himself THIS IS NEGOTIATION TACTICS
I'd be willing to bet you MONEY, that the Wilson was absolutely on board, & KNEW about, and OKAYED the trade >MONTHES IN ADVANCE<....Hell, IF I KNEW it was going to happen, do you ACTUALLY BELIEVE that Wilson had no clue of it?????
You'd have to be gullible as hell to believe that.
Wilson wanted out, Wilson got his way.
You still haven't produced the PROOF of those >>RUMORS<<, and I ain't holding my breath.

John63

Reaction score
LET ME HELP YOU.
You mean all the RUMORS about them talking to the Bears???, C'mon do you actually believe that??????
Never mind, I already know your gullible answer.
Going after another Quarterback is "Someting you don't do unless your looking to trade your current Quarterback" REALLY????? The 49rs trade their soul for Trey Lance with already having #1 QB Jimmy Garrapollo on the team.
Green Bay goes and gets Jordan Love with Rodgers already in the drivers seat, had Rodgers riding the pine wile Favre was slinging it.
Montana & Young on the same team ETC. ETC. ETC.
Teams have been doing this QB gig for a LOOOOOOOOOONG time.
NOW, Pete said that he had NO INTENTION of trading Wilson away, and just like Russ, Pete was keeping shit to himself THIS IS NEGOTIATION TACTICS
I'd be willing to bet you MONEY, that the Wilson was absolutely on board, & KNEW about, and OKAYED the trade >MONTHES IN ADVANCE<....Hell, IF I KNEW it was going to happen, do you ACTUALLY BELIEVE that Wilson had no clue of it?????
You'd have to be gullible as hell to believe that.
Wilson wanted out, Wilson got his way.
You still haven't produced the PROOF of those >>RUMORS<<, and I ain't holding my breath.
Funny when all that came out you and your crew were all over saying see they want to trade him. Now all of a sudden when they don't support you their rumors. Once again PC said a week before trade they were not looking to do anything with the QB. Then we find out they had been working on the trade for a month. We know for a fact they were at both Allen's and magones pro day looking at those QBs. JS and PC said so. We know for a fact they were considering a trade to the Bears that at the last minute PC vetoed. So they were looking to trade him. Fact deal with it. remember he is gone and move on. As Seahawks fans we got much bigger problems then what Wilson, Wagner or anyone not with the Hawks are doing.

Last edited:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Funny when all that came out you and your crew were all over saying see they want to trade him. Now all of a sudden when they don't support you their rumors. Once again PC said a week before trade they were not looking to do anything with the QB. Then we find out they had been working on the trade for a month. We know for a fact they were at both Allen's and magones pro day looking at those QBs. JS and PC said so. We know for a fact they were considering a trade to the Bears that at the last minute PC vetoed. So they were looking to trade him. Fact deal with it. remember he is gone and move on. As Seahawks fans we got much bigger problems then what Wilson, Wagner or anyone not with the Hawks are doing.
It just amazes me what you come up with WITHOUT having STATS to reference to LOLOL.
R-U-M-O-R-S
Shame on Pete & John for having wicked wandering eyes for Allen or Mahomes...DAMNED CHEATERS!
RUSS HAS BEEN WANTING OUT FOR YEARS NOW, seems he too had a lust in his heart for another COACH & GM.
Brett Favre & Aaron Rodgers on the same team???? Joe Montana & Steve Young on the same team>ALL FOUR< HOF'ers. Are you starting to see how this works?
I'm not going to address your every little silly on the details that WEREN'T being publicized on the Wilson to Denver trade deal, it's suffice to say that there are A LOT of details that need to be worked out on a trade of that magnitude, that's a transaction that takes a lot more time that a week or two to get finalized.
Yeah, I too am kinda p*ssed that Pete didn't call me and keep me in the loop on the big trade...I hate it when chit like that goes down and I'm not being kept informed.
There'll be a few tears in my beers for a week or so, but I think I'll be okay & ready to move on.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Crew???Lol..Scutterhawk has supported Russ quite a bit.
At the end maybe not but you understand John some of
us are results now driven and not by what they did 5-6
yrs before.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Were they close to dealing him a year ago? Idk but after the bitch fit he threw and then handing in a list of teams I’m sure they were holding conversations with other teams. Pete thought he could fix it and Russ loafed and didn’t want to be here. Recruiting players on the team when he was still part of the team is nasty. Almost as nasty as his 3rd down conversion rate. Good riddance have fun being the 3rd best team in the division. I haven’t been so happy to lose a player of his magnitude in ever, it’s never happened he’s the first Super star I’ve wanted tf off my team.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
There have been scads of posters on this board calling for the trade of Wagner and Wilson (and every other roster member who is highest quality) for over a year now. Now that those two are gone the vitriol continues. Why? They're gone! We need to do the best we can to move forward in pursuit of the winning culture we have positively established over the past decade.
I do not understand how constant negativity makes for a satisfactory life. Grab onto some hope and fly with it.
DSC 0493 2 E
Go Seahawks!

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Pete and John still could have picked up the phone and told him but it wasn't as out of the blue as I originally thought if they asked Bobby to come in. When he said no "cause he knew what they were going to say" it reminded me of the Seinfeld episode where Costanza kept ignoring that woman cause he knew she wanted to break up with him and looking forward to making an entrance with her at the ball.

Geez Bobby wasn't even officially released and Russ is trying to recruit him? I am not a big fan of Brady (call it fatigue from all the media he gets) but I can't ignore how he seems to have that ability to have guys want to come play with him.

toffee

Reaction score
There have been scads of posters on this board calling for the trade of Wagner and Wilson (and every other roster member who is highest quality) for over a year now. Now that those two are gone the vitriol continues. Why? They're gone! We need to do the best we can to move forward in pursuit of the winning culture we have positively established over the past decade.
I do not understand how constant negativity makes for a satisfactory life. Grab onto some hope and fly with it.
View attachment 11355
Go Seahawks!
You are 100% right!! Me? I am on to Geno vs Lock, in fact started a few threads about these two. But must confess that I participated in the Russ talk also, because we all have invested so much in all things Russ. Between Geno and Lock, it's full of intrigue, both didn't rock in their previous years, but Geno surprised last season and hoping to be surprised by Lock this season. In some ways, Lock is a younger version of Geno but with strong arm?

Last edited:

John63

Reaction score
It just amazes me what you come up with WITHOUT having STATS to reference to LOLOL.
R-U-M-O-R-S
Shame on Pete & John for having wicked wandering eyes for Allen or Mahomes...DAMNED CHEATERS!
RUSS HAS BEEN WANTING OUT FOR YEARS NOW, seems he too had a lust in his heart for another COACH & GM.
Brett Favre & Aaron Rodgers on the same team???? Joe Montana & Steve Young on the same team>ALL FOUR< HOF'ers. Are you starting to see how this works?
I'm not going to address your every little silly on the details that WEREN'T being publicized on the Wilson to Denver trade deal, it's suffice to say that there are A LOT of details that need to be worked out on a trade of that magnitude, that's a transaction that takes a lot more time that a week or two to get finalized.
Yeah, I too am kinda p*ssed that Pete didn't call me and keep me in the loop on the big trade...I hate it when chit like that goes down and I'm not being kept informed.
There'll be a few tears in my beers for a week or so, but I think I'll be okay & ready to move on.
Thats because they have all been listed before. Go find them your self. I gave listed fats and stats galore and you and your brethren choose to ignore them. So go find them your self.

John63

Reaction score
Crew???Lol..Scutterhawk has supported Russ quite a bit.
At the end maybe not but you understand John some of
us are results now driven and not by what they did 5-6
yrs before.
Lol of course he has. Not. That said I have said its time to move on but so e here can't so go ywlk to them

John63

Reaction score
View attachment 11355
Go Seahawks!
THIS^^^^

John63

Reaction score
Pete and John still could have picked up the phone and told him but it wasn't as out of the blue as I originally thought if they asked Bobby to come in. When he said no "cause he knew what they were going to say" it reminded me of the Seinfeld episode where Costanza kept ignoring that woman cause he knew she wanted to break up with him and looking forward to making an entrance with her at the ball.

Geez Bobby wasn't even officially released and Russ is trying to recruit him? I am not a big fan of Brady (call it fatigue from all the media he gets) but I can't ignore how he seems to have that ability to have guys want to come play with him.
Well Wilson had had many prople join him in Denver. And it was Wilson who got Dunlap to resign and Carson. All that aside does not matter if a QB can get people wanting to play with them if the FO does not.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Well Wilson had had many prople join him in Denver. And it was Wilson who got Dunlap to resign and Carson. All that aside does not matter if a QB can get people wanting to play with them if the FO does not.
I thought you was done bringing up your idol..When Denver comes here I'm going to be
raising the roof in here!

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Thats because they have all been listed before. Go find them your self. I gave listed fats and stats galore and you and your brethren choose to ignore them. So go find them your self.
Me & "My Bretheren" ??? You can Sh*t & step back in it John, I had your back > STUCK UP FOR YOUR SORRY AZZ< on a LOT of RW Arguments & Discussions (you seem to have a convenient loss of memory on those occasions, eh?) it's only when you GET UNREASONABLE with your attacks against EVERYBODY E-X-C-E-P-T "Can Do No Wrong" Wilson, that I just HAVE TO draw a line on your BS.