Bobby says Russ tried to recruit him to Denver 1 week before trade

W

Welshers

Hopefully this counts as seahawks related because it happened when they were both on the team. Bobby just had a very eye opening interview with rich Eisen and said his heart is in Seattle. Its a very good interview and makes me so sad he's gone. What a professional.

The eye opening thing is that Bobby said rw was recruiting him to come to Denver well before the trade happened. While russ was publicly saying he planned on staying here he was privately trying to recruit guys to the broncos. And he couldn't recruit anyone. Make of that what you will. I dont think it's a great look for him

Spohawks

Reaction score
To me this says...as fans, we are not getting the accurate story.

I am not mad at Russ for putting up a pro Hawk face, he was just doing his job.

The real question is how long do both sides know the outcome before we know the outcome.. Clearly more then a week.

nwHawk

Reaction score
I think there were several possible outcomes and Pete and John left the door open as long as they could before the dominos feel into place.

That video also illustrated there was an option #2 for Bobby. Take that meeting and fight for you place in Seattle or just leave. He chose not to meet because he assumed what was going to happen.

The Russ stuff isn’t surprising. Team Russ was driving for a trade. It make him look great even if he doesn’t get Bobby to commit to the Donkeys.

James in PA

Reaction score
I hate that Bobby went to the Rams, but I am glad that Russ wasn't able to get him to go to Denver. Russ has always sucked at recruiting. It seemed like every time a big name wide receiver became available Russ would try to get them to Seattle, but they always ended up elsewhere.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I hate that Bobby went to the Rams, but I am glad that Russ wasn't able to get him to go to Denver. Russ has always sucked at recruiting. It seemed like every time a big name wide receiver became available Russ would try to get them to Seattle, but they always ended up elsewhere.
I think people in the know saw through the fake persona

chrispy

Reaction score
I feel like Bobby tells it like it is. I feel like Russ and Ciara tell it like their Publicist want it told. I really do wish the best for both of them, but I wish a little bit more for Bobby....

JustTheTip

Reaction score
I think there were several possible outcomes and Pete and John left the door open as long as they could before the dominos feel into place.

That video also illustrated there was an option #2 for Bobby. Take that meeting and fight for you place in Seattle or just leave. He chose not to meet because he assumed what was going to happen.

The Russ stuff isn’t surprising. Team Russ was driving for a trade. It make him look great even if he doesn’t get Bobby to commit to the Donkeys.
Yup, he says he felt like they could have had a conversation but was unwilling to fly out here to meet with them (you would think acting as his own agent he would be more willing to do something like that). Sounds like it was handled just as poorly by Bobby as the Seahawks. Bobby the agent failed Bobby the player.

Hyak

Reaction score
Well there's no surprise Wilson would want Bobby to join him since he knew he was going to Denver and that Seattle was cutting Wagner. Wagner even admitted he knew what was going to happen (a big clue would be no talks to renegotiate/take a massive pay cut)......Something we all know would not have gone well.

I get Wilson is getting lots of hate now but some of this public persona just goes along with being an elite franchise QB/face of the team. Still, it was very clear once Wilson started harping about his legacy all of the time that it was about him more than anything. Still doesn't takeaway from the things he did in Seattle - best QB in team history in a HOF career. Certainly on the Mt Rushmore of Seattle sports icons.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
I know that if I were being let go from my longterm place of employment, I could only have 100% expectation that this notification would come in person, or at the very, very, very least, a telephone conversation.

The treatment of Bobby Wagner by Pete Carroll was disgraceful.

Russell and him were the last two remaining 'legacy' players. If anything, I have more respect for Russell Wilson. Giving Bobby the head's up about his imminent release, and a suggestion that he may be still wanted elsewhere.

We'll never know if Denver would be receptive, or even if RW has an influence this early on in his new employment.

Clearly LA sees value in his play...

Palmegranite

Reaction score
Did you watch the video?
It has zero to do with Russell Wilson. Hint..it's about Bobby Wagner...getting released..and the insulting treatment endured from the organization; one he clearly loves.

toffee

Reaction score
Big names talked to our big names like angry and lob, then just said thank you but no thank you to Russ

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Did you watch the video?
It has zero to do with Russell Wilson. Hint..it's about Bobby Wagner...getting released..and the insulting treatment endured from the organization; one he clearly loves.
But doesn't love enough to get on a plane to have a face to face conversation.

This has always been a problem with Seattle sports, fans tend to hold on too tight and too long to players to the detriment of their opinion of the organization. I am not saying that the Seahawks couldn't have handled it better, but pretending Bobby was a blindsided saint in this is naive. He couldn't even hide the mistakes he made in this interview.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Did you watch the video?
I felt better about how the team handled the Bobby situation after watching the video. Call me crazy but Bobby’s play had dropped off for a couple of years. Yeah the stats were there but there was a reason teams were targeting passing over the middle right at him. One of my favorite players, and nothing will change that in my mind. True to the Blue. But, Bobby the agent needed to head to Seattle and have that conversation to find out if there was a chance to come back in another role. Both parties share blame.