Bobby says Russ tried to recruit him to Denver 1 week before trade

scutterhawk

Reaction score
There have been scads of posters on this board calling for the trade of Wagner and Wilson (and every other roster member who is highest quality) for over a year now. Now that those two are gone the vitriol continues. Why? They're gone! We need to do the best we can to move forward in pursuit of the winning culture we have positively established over the past decade.
I do not understand how constant negativity makes for a satisfactory life. Grab onto some hope and fly with it.
View attachment 11355
Go Seahawks!
Because there's still a LOT of unaddressed DENIALS still going on...Not EVERYONE is TRUTHIN'

John63

Reaction score
Me & "My Bretheren" ??? You can Sh*t & step back in it John, I had your back > STUCK UP FOR YOUR SORRY AZZ< on a LOT of RW Arguments & Discussions (you seem to have a convenient loss of memory on those occasions, eh?) it's only when you GET UNREASONABLE with your attacks against EVERYBODY E-X-C-E-P-T "Can Do No Wrong" Wilson, that I just HAVE TO draw a line on your BS.
Goodbye

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
That's all ya got?...The lights have FINALLY COME ON for you? Fine with me, Sela vie Johnny.

It's Ok, scutter. I think it's becoming a badge of honor to receive the foe "goodbye" from John63. Soon everyone will be on his foe list, and he'll have nobody left to reply to his schtick. Then again, I probably never should have wallowed in the muck in the first place.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Didn’t Bill Walsh have Holmgren research trading Montana right after the 49ers had just won the Super Bowl? I’m pretty sure I heard or read an interview Mike gave in which he stated that.

Is it really that odd that Jon Schneider would listen to what the Bears had to say before telling them “no thanks, we aren’t trading our QB” last season? Had some media outlets not blown it into a big story to get clicks, no one would have cared. Teams talk all the time. That’s part of management doing their jobs. It sucks from a player’s standpoint, but it’s not a new thing.

John63

Reaction score
Didn’t Bill Walsh have Holmgren research trading Montana right after the 49ers had just won the Super Bowl? I’m pretty sure I heard or read an interview Mike gave in which he stated that.

Is it really that odd that Jon Schneider would listen to what the Bears had to say before telling them “no thanks, we aren’t trading our QB” last season? Had some media outlets not blown it into a big story to get clicks, no one would have cared. Teams talk all the time. That’s part of management doing their jobs. It sucks from a player’s standpoint, but it’s not a new thing.
I don't disagree except in the case of the Bears we know that the deal was all set and at the last minute PC changed his mind and said no.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
This is a non issue.

I'm not sure what people expect these guys to do or say. Until pen is put to paper you don't change your messaging. This is true in any business. Something something counting chickens before they are hatched.

Honestly what do you expect him to say?

massari

Reaction score
I advocated to trade Wilson last off season, I don't need to cope about a player wanting to leave. He has every right to do so and does NOT need justifications.

This thread is about Russ telling 12s that he wants to stay a Hawk for his entire playing career AFTER he told the organization that he will not sign any contract extension, and he was actively recruiting Bobby to Bronco.
Why not assume that he actually did want to stay in Seattle, but just didn't want to play for Carroll anymore, or with this front office that keeps whiffing on surrounding him with good enough talent?

Why else would he choose Denver over Seattle?

BASF

Reaction score
Why not assume that he actually did want to stay in Seattle, but just didn't want to play for Carroll anymore, or with this front office that keeps whiffing on surrounding him with good enough talent?

Because he is a glory hound. Everyone saw Brady go to a team that was on the cusp and he was the final piece as Arians took a back seat to his offense. Wilson believes he can do the same in Denver. He is in for a rude awakening though as the offense he runs has been figured out for a couple of years. There was all kinds of conjecture about why we did not see Waldron's offense after game one, but it boils down to Wilson "doesn't have any confidence in coaching staff" wanted to run the offense the same way that had failed the previous season.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Because he is a glory hound. Everyone saw Brady go to a team that was on the cusp and he was the final piece as Arians took a back seat to his offense. Wilson believes he can do the same in Denver. He is in for a rude awakening though as the offense he runs has been figured out for a couple of years. There was all kinds of conjecture about why we did not see Waldron's offense after game one, but it boils down to Wilson "doesn't have any confidence in coaching staff" wanted to run the offense the same way that had failed the previous season.
THIS^^ As I have already said time & again, I love me some Russell Wilson, B-U-T when the word got out that Pete & John were showing interest in Mahaomes Pro-day, I think it p*ssed him off that they would even CONSIDER bringing in some true competition @ Quarterback, + that, along with Brady's break away from the Patriots, was all the convincing & confirmations he needed to move on from the Seahawks, and do his COOKING elsewhere.

John63

Reaction score

THIS^^^^^

Palmegranite

Reaction score
Because he is a glory hound.
My ideal team would be comprised of 53 glory hounds. Glory-hounding all the way to a Superbowl.

That is, if they can back it up with their on-field play.

And no sucks. Hate the sucks on a NFL roster.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score

The potential scenarios where Russell would want to stay in Seattle were extremely limited, Pete or no Pete, new GM or not. The odds of anyone winning a SB are already low even with a ++ roster outside of TB's otherworldly run. The only shot at glory for Russell if he stayed in Seattle was to win it all. Everything about Russell was stagnating in Seattle. His brand and his play being the most important. He was afterthought to the other top QBs in the league as far as the media was concerned. There's only 2 ways to garner buzz in that world, stellar play on the field and/or off-field drama. His play on the field was shit and getting worse. Only move left is to make a move. It resets the stage for him and this season will start with all eyes on Denver to see what happens. The only problem is it's a high risk move. It buys him some margin for what is considered a success though. In Seattle anything short of a SB would be a failure. In Denver, making the tournament will be a success even if they don't go deep, unless he's the reason they don't. But, he has effectively tossed aside his built in shield to cover his poor play in Pete. If he flames out now, he's exposed and has nowhere to hide. Some will grant him a new offense pass, but more won't. The narrative he and his people have spent the last few years cultivating, will turn on him. As the media loves to do

Fade

Reaction score

They had a guy named Steve Young on the roster. Who they had promised would be the starter, after they traded for him from Tampa. Otherwise Steve wouldn't have gone there, Steve was given assurances. Steve is still pissed that they took as long as they did to move Montana, he sat a lot longer than he anticipated.

Not even remotely similar.

It is extremely unusual for teams to shop their franchise QBs in their early 30's. It points to high levels of dysfunction, and incompetence. Particularly when there is no promising QB on the roster.

Latest posts