Bevell

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":22ntwaqs said:
If we can run the ball, we're fine. If Bevell is forced to come up with new and inventive ways to get players open, he struggles. To me that translates to a deficiency at OC. He's not creative and he doesn't know or is unwilling to cater to the strengths of our personnel.
Supposedly he cut his teeth in the WCO, but musta slept through all the lessons. Very weak short game.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
kearly":2u6ydg93 said:
I thought he did mostly fine.

My only critique of Bevell this game is that he kept calling deep / developing pass plays despite the fact that Gilliam and Bailey couldn't stop anyone and weren't getting any help. It was almost as if the coaching staff was going trial by fire mode on pass pro, and the result was a sack rate around 15% for the game. I didn't like seeing Wilson taking that many hits, especially with a win looking like a forgone conclusion by mid-2nd quarter.
We are hovering @ around15% for the SEASON. Abysmal!

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
edogg23":vpcqcto7 said:
3 points in the second half against an opponent that had given up does not give me much of a warm fuzzy feeling going into next week. The 49ers were pretty much begging us to blow them out and we still only managed to put up 20 points. I'm happy we won but I wouldn't put much stock in the win that our offense is now on track.

I still want Bevell gone.
Dido on the second half.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1kjtwz8s said:
LymonHawk":1kjtwz8s said:
Why do you folks think our not beating the blitz is Bevell's fault? Try blitzing on Manning, Rodgers, or Brady and see how you do? You think it's because of snappy play calling, or is it the fact they are all QBs who aren't afraid to make GOOD snap decisions and aren't afraid to act on those decisions.

RW on the other hand....

Wilson can't snap-decide to throw to hot routes that aren't there.

Check out Scottemojo's critiques sometime. Play design is a problem as surely as play-calling.
Can't agree more.

Latest posts