Bennett + 7th traded to Eagles for 5th, WR Marcus Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.

massari

Reaction score
adeltaY":1d6kvqme said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/jacksonkjr/status/971519643788623872[/tweet]

How the hell did we let this happen? We trade Mike B to the reigning SB champs in our own conference instead of out of conference for a MUCH better deal. Disgraceful if true. Hoping this is #FakeNews
IF TRUE I'm convinced JS/PC like getting fleeced in trades to make more friends around the league.

HawkFan72":1d6kvqme said:
Nice guys also are able to trade with other teams in the future. If Schneider backs out of a verbal agreement, no one will trust his verbal agreements down the road. A 3rd rounder is worth that to you?
If I'm the Eagles I 100% understand a team turning down a deal to make a better one if it came in last minute. Are GM's really that juvenile?

EDIT: Is this forum now to the point where you can't even post "WTF"? LOL

mrt144

Reaction score
BlueThunder":28e8r8cr said:
mrt144":28e8r8cr said:
BlueThunder":28e8r8cr said:
adeltaY":28e8r8cr said:
Can anyone show how Mike B was a distraction and prove that it affected our on field performance? Does Doug's activism get anywhere near the same "distraction" treatment? All I can think of are the offsides penalties which are consistently a part of his game and the end of game fight with the Jags.

That's not exactly something you can "prove". It's just imagining yourself on the team and all the non-football talk going on in the locker room that could have been spent on breaking down the opponents weaknesses. Logical conjecture, but not pure fact. But a pretty good feeling about it, seeing as how you know he was talking and thinking about it instead of thinking football. He was distracting himself if nobody else. Maybe that had something to do with all those damn off-sides penalties. Anyhoo, that's just my opinion. Take it for what it's worth. Sherm however... He's been kinda the same but to a much lesser degree. But both overpaid for what they NOW contribute (I realize that's up for argument, but I'm looking ahead to this coming season, another year older). Paid way more for less performance than what they used to do for much less. That is the formula that the Pats have avoided to remain perennially competitive. Something we need to embrace. Make the tough cuts to remain on the top of the heap. I'm pretty sure we're seeing the beginnings of an attempt to embrace the Patriots philosophy. I hope so anyways...

Again, once and for all hopefully, anyone talking about Bennett being a distraction is doing so in a hypothetical farce where you're still unmoved by a teammate speaking up about a particular empathetical blind spot for years.

Hypothetical, yet anyone paying any attention can make a pretty logical conclusion. Percy Harvin anyone? And we can see you're basing things politically. I was basing my opinion on general human nature. To think that locker room distractions do not exist is not accurate.

Youre not employing logic though. In the absence of info that confirms your thesis youre resting on ambiguity and other players as foundational rationale for your thesis.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
mrt144":xpxkwmdu said:
BlueThunder":xpxkwmdu said:
mrt144":xpxkwmdu said:
BlueThunder":xpxkwmdu said:
That's not exactly something you can "prove". It's just imagining yourself on the team and all the non-football talk going on in the locker room that could have been spent on breaking down the opponents weaknesses. Logical conjecture, but not pure fact. But a pretty good feeling about it, seeing as how you know he was talking and thinking about it instead of thinking football. He was distracting himself if nobody else. Maybe that had something to do with all those damn off-sides penalties. Anyhoo, that's just my opinion. Take it for what it's worth. Sherm however... He's been kinda the same but to a much lesser degree. But both overpaid for what they NOW contribute (I realize that's up for argument, but I'm looking ahead to this coming season, another year older). Paid way more for less performance than what they used to do for much less. That is the formula that the Pats have avoided to remain perennially competitive. Something we need to embrace. Make the tough cuts to remain on the top of the heap. I'm pretty sure we're seeing the beginnings of an attempt to embrace the Patriots philosophy. I hope so anyways...

Again, once and for all hopefully, anyone talking about Bennett being a distraction is doing so in a hypothetical farce where you're still unmoved by a teammate speaking up about a particular empathetical blind spot for years.

Hypothetical, yet anyone paying any attention can make a pretty logical conclusion. Percy Harvin anyone? And we can see you're basing things politically. I was basing my opinion on general human nature. To think that locker room distractions do not exist is not accurate.

Youre not employing logic though. In the absence of info that confirms your thesis youre resting on ambiguity and other players as foundational rationale for your thesis.

I said it was just my opinion, and to take it or leave it. I'm just relying on common sense and what I've garnered from previous stories I've heard of locker room distractions. It's a real thing, and has brought down more than one team. And it's not too hard to imagine yourself in a locker room of teammates with an elephant in the room. Let's just leave it at that, Mmmkay?

jammerhawk

Reaction score
It's business, either you have a deal or you don't have a deal. Doing what you say you would do has more value than becoming known as sharp and unreliable in transactions. Play the game for the long term and seek no smalladvantage in small things that lessen your reputation.

massari

Reaction score
Bennett had Planters Fasciitis all season in 2017. Still made Pro Bowl.

DXtIFtkXcAA6LDM

[tweet]https://twitter.com/PFF/status/939604578269564935[/tweet]

BlueThunder

Reaction score
massari":2e4vg2fy said:

DXtIFtkXcAA6LDM

EXACTAMUNDO! Trade him while he still has ANY value... The Patriot way... Though the Pats may have traded him last year. Or the year before.

sdog1981

Reaction score
The worst part of the trade is he is going to place where he can be part of a rotation and will not be playing 80% of the snaps. So every big game he has people on this site will lose their lunch.

DJrmb

Reaction score
massari":vdrc57zp said:

DXtIFtkXcAA6LDM

Bennett didn't really make the pro bowl. He was an alternate... I guess you can say that's making it if you want.

Also by your own graphic he played better in 2011-2014 and went to No pro bowls... So the simple argument that he went to a pro bowl is flawed.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
BlueThunder":pulek4rg said:
massari":pulek4rg said:

DXtIFtkXcAA6LDM

EXACTAMUNDO! Trade him while he still has ANY value... The Patriot way... Though the Pats may have traded him last year.

Great visual...

One more thing....Pro B..Owl..is that not a popularity contest for 2 hand touch or flag football. Cmon man....

massari

Reaction score
BlueThunder":3f4wi3sf said:
massari":3f4wi3sf said:

DXtIFtkXcAA6LDM

EXACTAMUNDO! Trade him while he still has ANY value... The Patriot way... Though the Pats may have traded him last year. Or the year before.
YAY! We traded a Pro Bowler+7th for a 5th rounder! Awesome value!

BlueThunder

Reaction score
massari":3kwe7bbb said:
BlueThunder":3kwe7bbb said:
massari":3kwe7bbb said:

DXtIFtkXcAA6LDM

I hate continuing this conversation, but man... This is the new NFL. You CAN'T WIN by being sentimental anymore. You have GOT to get rid of aging, over-priced, declining vets to remain competitive, no matter how beloved they are. It just doesn't work anymore in this tight, salary-cap era. We have to evolve if we want another shot at the title in the next ten years. It's just the new reality. Will somebody back me up here?

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
I don't know who else feels the same but removing a cancer the team is a fantastic addition by subtraction. This team needs to get back to what made them win the super bowl in the first place and get away from pay me now attitudes and political undertones at every turn.

I still feel like more discipline is always the better answer but maybe thats just me.

Bennett is washed, definitely showed signs of the downhill of his career, I think this was a good move overall, but of course you always want to get more.

BullHawk33

Reaction score
Forgive me if I'm not all that excited for a 5th... The Eagles won the SB so it is the last pick in the 5th round. Very different from a middle pick. It was a salary cap dump, that is all we really got out of it.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
BlueThunder":207bdr3m said:
massari":207bdr3m said:
BlueThunder":207bdr3m said:
massari":207bdr3m said:

DXtIFtkXcAA6LDM

I hate continuing this conversation, but man... This is the new NFL. You CAN'T WIN by being sentimental anymore. You have GOT to get rid of aging, over-priced, declining vets to remain competitive, no matter how beloved they are. It just doesn't work anymore in this tight, salary-cap era. We have to evolve if we want another shot at the title in the next ten years. It's just the new reality. Will somebody back me up here?

It's never personal, just the way you have to do things in order to win. Pete is FINALLYYYY learning this.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
massari":390wwqx0 said:

DXtIFtkXcAA6LDM

Seems to me that shows that he peaked 3 years ago. Maybe gradual but definitely a steady downward trend.

massari

Reaction score
BlueThunder":ihhbwqdu said:
You have GOT to get rid of aging, over-priced, declining vets to remain competitive, no matter how beloved they are. It just doesn't work anymore in this tight, salary-cap era.
Explain how he's "over-priced"?

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Let's be clear: Bennett is not a cancer in the locker room. Many players support his actions and his speaking out. He's only a cancer OUTSIDE the locker room, by fans who think players owe it to them to--in Bennet's case--literally dance for them.

You can't call him a distraction if he's only distracting you. His teammates don't care.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Another trade where the Seahawks get nothing. Some no name receiver and a 5th round pick. Giving up the best pass rusher on the team. The draft pick should have at least been a 3rd round pick. Bennett by himself is worth that. Seahawks FO is on the wrong end of many of these deals lately. Not sure what's going on there. I guess we won't have to suffer through offside penalties from Bennett though.

massari

Reaction score
Duane Brown is a few months older than Bennett. Are the Hawks going to give him away as well to get younger and create more cap room?

Brown has a higher cap hit and zero dead money.

Status
Not open for further replies.