Status
Not open for further replies.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Blitzer88":24td50gj said:
HawkFan72":24td50gj said:
I'm sure this will make people happy.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/JacksonKJR/status/971507338988240897[/tweet]

No way they would pass on that deal............would they???

[tweet]https://twitter.com/worklessonon/status/971510995704320000[/tweet]

This makes more sense. JS is honorable. If he had a deal with Philly, he would not back out of it.

original poster

Reaction score
Seattle saves -

$2,200,000 in cap space in 2018
$8,725,000 in cap space in 2019
$10,225,000 in cap space in 2020

It doesn't really make sense this year, but it certainly does in subsequent years.

Also, if he was moved next off season, those numbers change so simply 'waiting a year' doesn't make sense.

RCATES

Reaction score
hawknation2018":1h8hetwe said:
I would much rather have the 7th round pick than Marcus Johnson. The 7th round pick would have four years of team control, would probably be younger, and might have the possibility to amount to something in the NFL. Marcus Johnson is like a hundred other journeyman who will be available on the waiver wire.

Sounds like JS has gone completely nuts................Just heard this on the radio

@RapSheet just said with @IanFurnessSea the Patriots offered a 3rd round pick for Michael Bennett and a 5th round pick. And they chose to go with Philly. Wow.

Watch this receiver pan out to be nothing like 95% of the other Wr's Hawks were high on.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
RCATES":n23mrdxe said:
hawknation2018":n23mrdxe said:
I would much rather have the 7th round pick than Marcus Johnson. The 7th round pick would have four years of team control, would probably be younger, and might have the possibility to amount to something in the NFL. Marcus Johnson is like a hundred other journeyman who will be available on the waiver wire.

Sounds like JS has gone completely nuts................Just heard this on the radio

@RapSheet just said with @IanFurnessSea the Patriots offered a 3rd round pick for Michael Bennett and a 5th round pick. And they chose to go with Philly. Wow.

Watch this receiver pan out to be nothing like 95% of the other Wr's Hawks were high on.

Supposedly, they got the Patriots' offer after agreeing to terms with the Eagles.

Why were they in such a hurry? Hopefully, they're getting ready for Sheldon Richardson to sign on the dotted line.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I don't think the cap space helps us because we have a history of squandering cap space with bad contracts.

All this does is make it easier for them to spend too much on guys that won't be very good anyway.

Yay.

Go Seahawks?

Jeremy517

Reaction score
If that Patriots offer were true, Philly should just trade him to the Pats for the same thing right now.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Jeremy517":dlh74v9w said:
If that Patriots offer were true, Philly should just trade him to the Pats for the same thing right now.

I was thinking about that. I don't think it's out of the question that they will pursue better compensation.

Of course, if I were them, I would rather have Bennett than even a 3rd round pick. He's a Pro Bowler and his contract is reasonable.

Seymour

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2wlwn1bo said:
I don't think the cap space helps us because we have a history of squandering cap space with bad contracts.

All this does is make it easier for them to spend too much on guys that won't be very good anyway.

Yay.

Go Seahawks?

Really LOL?

How did our "budget kicker" work out last year?

kidhawk

Reaction score
hawknation2018":2lkyzatm said:
Jeremy517":2lkyzatm said:

I was thinking about that. I don't think it's out of the question that they will pursue better compensation.

Of course, if I were them, I would rather have Bennett than even a 3rd round pick. He's a Pro Bowler and his contract is reasonable.

If they pulled off a pass through trade, they'd end up giving up Marcus Johnson and a 5th for a 7th and a 3rd. That's a pretty good day without spending a dime

hawknation2018

Reaction score
kidhawk":2rh5i7uc said:
hawknation2018":2rh5i7uc said:
Jeremy517":2rh5i7uc said:

If they pulled off a pass through trade, they'd end up giving up Marcus Johnson and a 5th for a 7th and a 3rd. That's a pretty good day without spending a dime

Either way, this was a hell of a trade for the Super Bowl Champion Eagles. Congrats to them. Their team is looking deep and scary.

original poster

Reaction score
The Pats deal was MB and a 5th for a 3rd, not a 3rd and a 5th but it came in after they agreed with Philly. JS is a man of his word.

RCATES

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":35goxvo3 said:
People believe everything they read on tweets :roll:

Wasn't a tweet. Ian said it Live on local Seattle radio. Hawks blow trades on a Epic level. Smh

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
There are 31 other teams to pull for if you like. And yes, people do believe pretty much any tweet they see. Bennett AND a 5th for 3rd? Meh. And just because someone claims it on Twitter, doesn't mean it's gospel.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
JS is a man of his word?

Why the hell would you make a promise to make a deal without actually checking with ALL the other trading partners?

Does that even make sense?

I would actually rather a guy that lies and cheats all the time and gets us better deals when he makes them. Who the hell cares about his word if the result is garbage?

Seymour

Reaction score
RCATES":2yp2n02z said:
SoulfishHawk":2yp2n02z said:
People believe everything they read on tweets :roll:

Wasn't a tweet. Ian said it Live on local Seattle radio. Hawks blow trades on a Epic level. Smh

Well that is a pretty nice welcome to Seattle surprise "favor". :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Are you a trade expert? Seeing as you want to trade Wilson, I figure you must be. :snack:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I don't care if it's a tweet or was on the radio, these guys spout crap that never ends up happening all the time.
So now whatever Ian R says is the be all end all. Um.....no

MrThortan

Reaction score
The more you lie and go back on deals, the less other organizations would be willing to trade with you. I imagine having a good rep as a GM opens up a lot of opportunities.

Status
Not open for further replies.