Bennett + 7th traded to Eagles for 5th, WR Marcus Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Dog

Reaction score
If we trade Wilson and that 5th, I wonder if Schneids will be able to work his magic and get a 3rd in return

ducks41468

Reaction score
massari":tqt3zb20 said:
adeltaY":tqt3zb20 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/jacksonkjr/status/971519643788623872[/tweet]

How the hell did we let this happen? We trade Mike B to the reigning SB champs in our own conference instead of out of conference for a MUCH better deal. Disgraceful if true. Hoping this is #FakeNews
IF TRUE I'm convinced JS/PC like getting fleeced in trades to make more friends around the league.

HawkFan72":tqt3zb20 said:
Nice guys also are able to trade with other teams in the future. If Schneider backs out of a verbal agreement, no one will trust his verbal agreements down the road. A 3rd rounder is worth that to you?
If I'm the Eagles I 100% understand a team turning down a deal to make a better one if it came in last minute. Are GM's really that juvenile?

EDIT: Is this forum now to the point where you can't even post "WTF"? LOL

Exactly this. It's a verbal agreement, not a signed contract. I bet it happens all the time actually, and no one makes a fuss because you only hear about the final trade. It's the nature of the business and GM's are aware that someone might swoop in with a better offer. In fact I'd be annoyed if someone took my offer over a better one and question that person's motives.

ducks41468

Reaction score
King Dog":2iv4u4t7 said:
A 5th and we had to give up a 7th? hahahahahahaha. Same old same old.

Yeah but we got some receiver who's supposed to replace Richardson. Never mind that he had all of 5 catches this year.

Steve2222

Reaction score
HawkFan72":10kfeeay said:
ducks41468":10kfeeay said:
adeltaY":10kfeeay said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/jacksonkjr/status/971519643788623872[/tweet]

How the hell did we let this happen? We trade Mike B to the reigning SB champs in our own conference instead of out of conference for a MUCH better deal. Disgraceful if true. Hoping this is #FakeNews

I hope this is fake. Nice guys finish last.

Nice guys also are able to trade with other teams in the future. If Schneider backs out of a verbal agreement, no one will trust his verbal agreements down the road. A 3rd rounder is worth that to you?

Uh yeah. And I’m pretty sure the 30 other NFL teams would understand the Seahawks taking a clearly better deal.

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
Must be a high grade on this UDFA Wr with not accepting a 3rd and 5th from NE, head scratcher at best

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

getnasty

Reaction score
I'm just spit balling but I think when things don't go well for MB he acts out. My guess is he has question so coaching moves over the last few years and they have grown tired of it. Once again just a guess but if you watch him at the end of games in kneel down situations you can see he has a problem controlling his emotions. MB the player is a stud and I wish him the best regardless of what was going on he always gave it a 100.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Objectively and reasonably, I don’t really see how this is a great move. Or even a good one. Played good on a major injury, had major contributions to our Super Bowl runs, and did Great work in the community. Also don’t understand those who may feel this is a good move because of politics. We all have different politics here.

We definitely didn’t get good value for him, that’s for sure. Eagles got a steal for a player who will fit well in that city on and off the field

rjas77

Reaction score
Adios! I support the move. Make it all about yourself and your gone. So many got tired of is act.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
He's on a downhill slide and we got rid of him at the right time.
Oh yeah, I sure as hell don't want CUSHING. WTF? Concussion history alone would steer me clear. Throw in the PED bullshit and JS is out of his damn mind if we sign this guy.

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
WmHBonney":78exgov1 said:
Oh yeah, I sure as hell don't want CUSHING. WTF? Concussion history alone would steer me clear. Throw in the PED bullshit and JS is out of his damn mind if we sign this guy.

1 year prove it deal with stipulations/incentives for majority... why not??

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
WmHBonney":1wyvhaw6 said:

But why accept a deal when another with a 3rd and 5th were offered?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
rjas77":3gek5qsi said:
Adios! I support the move. Make it all about yourself and your gone. So many got tired of is act.

Are you still doing this? His teammates publicly disagree with your sentiment that it was all about him. Stop with the "act" garbage.

rjas77

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":8dwtzd0f said:
rjas77":8dwtzd0f said:

Are you still doing this? His teammates publicly disagree with your sentiment that it was all about him. Stop with the "act" garbage.

I'm not the one who pulled the trigger am I? There's a reason the Front Office let him go. Like I said...good riddance Bennett :)

massari

Reaction score
So basically, the Seahawks got their 5th rounder back that they traded for Matt F'n Tobin and gave Philly back their 7th.

All in all, the Seahawks traded Michael Bennett for Matt Tobin, Marcus Johnson and $2M in cap savings this coming season. :irishdrinkers:

JustTheTip

Reaction score
DJ_CJ":22ll3o58 said:
Must be a high grade on this UDFA Wr with not accepting a 3rd and 5th from NE, head scratcher at best

Not a 3rd and a 5th.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
rjas77":86glpl35 said:
Maelstrom787":86glpl35 said:
rjas77":86glpl35 said:

I'm not the one who pulled the trigger am I? There's a reason the Front Office let him go. Like I said...good riddance Bennett :)
Reason is that he missed 5 games with a knee injury in 2016 at age 30 and played all of last year with plantar fasciitis at age 31. He's now already 32.

This is extremely common reasoning when those patterns start to show over 30. Know what else is also common with posters of a particular sentiment?

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Good riddance. He had become far too high maintenance and the penalties were outweighing the good play too often.

I'll miss Sherm.

I won't miss Bennett one bit.

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
JustTheTip":hwf28meb said:
DJ_CJ":hwf28meb said:

Not a 3rd and a 5th.

Per Rapoport that is what NE offered... also heard from Scef and Fox Sports on radio on way home from work... maybe not the complete offer just what heard from multiple places

Status
Not open for further replies.