Attention Viking Fans, we get it.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1pctw87l said:
marko358":1pctw87l said:
RCATES":1pctw87l said:
Sorry you disagree with the rule's. That's your problem not mine or the refs.

Smilies_Embarrassed_Bag.gif

Right?

Sorry, Si. Some people are just never wrong... :Dunno:

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Laloosh":3mfhchtd said:
Uncle Si":3mfhchtd said:
marko358":3mfhchtd said:
RCATES":3mfhchtd said:
Sorry you disagree with the rule's. That's your problem not mine or the refs.

Smilies_Embarrassed_Bag.gif

Right?

Sorry, Si. Some people are just never wrong... :Dunno:

We utterly and completely manhandle a playoff team and since the board can't find a Seahawk player to moan about, they turn on opposing fans who were upset with some silly ref calls (even though the guy admitted it didnt impact the game) and the broadcasters.

Do people have these types of conversations in real life? Like at work or with their friends at a bar? I can't imagine...

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
SFVikeFan":1dspty5d said:
Vikes fan here.

That was a brutal smackdown by Seahawks. Vikes had their butts handed to them all game on both sides of the ball. We just laid an egg. We're not nearly as bad as what we showed yesterday. We lost 4 defensive starters, 3 of which are our biggest playmaking studs in NT Joseph, OLB Barr and FS Smith and we simply do not have the depth to replace what those guys do as each one has unique skillsets that nobody else on the team has that allows Zimmer to bring exotic blitz packages and still cover. Our O-line is a sieve, lost 2 starters and we have 4/5 guys playing their position for the first time. Teddy is #1 for the most pressure on his dropbacks in the NFL, and yet our OC Turner dials up the most 7-step drops than any one else. Offensively our gameplan & calls are beyond stupid. We'd love to have Bevell back haha.

I will say this - not one Vikings fan thinks the refs were the reason we lost. We were just whooped by a better team. Sometimes you just get rolled, it happens.

That being said, the officiating yesterday hit a new low. I was disgusted and livid at some of those ticky tack calls. That 1st & 38 series was just a trainwreck. I am thankful that Seattle kicked our butts start to finish so those calls didn't affect the outcome. But had that been a tight game there would be a lot more outrage amongst us. That being said, this happened to us not long ago vs. the Packers (surprise) with us getting ticky tack calls in favor of them while Teddy is getting late hits and blows to the head and facemasks with no calls. Then you have to hear the Packer fans tell us to stop whining. Well I am sorry but NFL officiating has recently become so lop-sided, so bad that it appears that there is some obvious bias going on. I don't know how else to explain it without coming off like some crybaby. We all saw the Seahawks get hosed vs. the Steelers, we know you've been there.

I just don't know what to think, how can professional refs be sooo bad that they can't make calls that high school refs can make? I mean how the hell did we have to challenge that fumble by Rawls, when the ball was bouncing straight up in the air for everyone to see? The whole crew missed that?? C'mon! So either these refs are being paid to make calls favorable to certain teams ... and I don't know whether it's Vegas, the mob, or the NFL itself .... or are the refs have just magically become so stinking bad that we need to overhaul the entire system where every penalty can be challenged and reviewed by someone else in a central location? I don't know, but I know I've seen other games where some teams are getting just ridiculous calls and other teams are just getting screwed for no reason.

One thing is for sure, nobody who is an NFL fan would want to see this level of incompetency with officiating deciding outcomes of the games and it's been going on all season. So thanks for the a$$-kicking so we Vikings fans don't have to be so mad about the blown calls because they wouldn't have changed the outcome, we were getting stomped either way.

I live in the Pac-NW, been to many Seahawk games and you guys are great fans. Wish you luck the rest of the way, unless by some miracle we can make playoffs and have to see you again.

Absolutely a great post and I'd like to clarify that my intent was not to put Viking fans on blast. Although it may appear that it was. I made this post almost immediately after the game, and I was in frenzy. My intent was to highlight the bad officiating. I know very well that if the shoe had been on the other foot, like it has been too many times, we would have been screaming bloody murder, many would have been crying all kinds of conspiracies. It is rare that the Hawks are the beneficiary of so many bad calls. I'll reiterate that I don't think they effected the outcome, and think that most would agree.
I did however expect that some of your fans would show up and claim the the refs gave this win to the Seahawks. That has not happened and I'm impressed.
IMHO, the fact still remains, there were some blatantly bad calls in this game and the trend seems to be getting worse not better. I'm not sure how this problem gets fixed, I'm not even convinced that the NFL has it on a "to do" list.
I do know that the Seahawk fans know all too well, the pain of having a game, even THEE game, effected by bad calls.
My hope is that the NFL has the issue on the table but I'm not holding my breath.
Thanks for the post.

EDIT: please do not take the "please go" comment to heart. That poster does not speak for anybody aside from his self. Seahawks.net prides ourselves for welcoming opposing fans, as long as they follow the rules.
In saying this, I DO speak for the other administrators and the ownership of Seahawks.net.

chris98251

Reaction score
RCATES":1wsp1r48 said:
SFVikeFan":1wsp1r48 said:
Vikes fan here.

That was a brutal smackdown by Seahawks. Vikes had their butts handed to them all game on both sides of the ball. We just laid an egg. We're not nearly as bad as what we showed yesterday. We lost 4 defensive starters, 3 of which are our biggest playmaking studs in NT Joseph, OLB Barr and FS Smith and we simply do not have the depth to replace what those guys do as each one has unique skillsets that nobody else on the team has that allows Zimmer to bring exotic blitz packages and still cover. Our O-line is a sieve, lost 2 starters and we have 4/5 guys playing their position for the first time. Teddy is #1 for the most pressure on his dropbacks in the NFL, and yet our OC Turner dials up the most 7-step drops than any one else. Offensively our gameplan & calls are beyond stupid. We'd love to have Bevell back haha.

I will say this - not one Vikings fan thinks the refs were the reason we lost. We were just whooped by a better team. Sometimes you just get rolled, it happens.

That being said, the officiating yesterday hit a new low. I was disgusted and livid at some of those ticky tack calls. That 1st & 38 series was just a trainwreck. I am thankful that Seattle kicked our butts start to finish so those calls didn't affect the outcome. But had that been a tight game there would be a lot more outrage amongst us. That being said, this happened to us not long ago vs. the Packers (surprise) with us getting ticky tack calls in favor of them while Teddy is getting late hits and blows to the head and facemasks with no calls. Then you have to hear the Packer fans tell us to stop whining. Well I am sorry but NFL officiating has recently become so lop-sided, so bad that it appears that there is some obvious bias going on. I don't know how else to explain it without coming off like some crybaby. We all saw the Seahawks get hosed vs. the Steelers, we know you've been there.

I just don't know what to think, how can professional refs be sooo bad that they can't make calls that high school refs can make? I mean how the hell did we have to challenge that fumble by Rawls, when the ball was bouncing straight up in the air for everyone to see? The whole crew missed that?? C'mon! So either these refs are being paid to ensure that certain teams win/lose ... whether it's Vegas, the mob, or the NFL itself .... or are they so stinking bad that we need to overhaul the entire system where every penalty can be challenged and reviewed by someone else in a central location? I don't know, but I know I've seen other games where some teams are getting just ridiculous calls and other teams are just getting screwed for no reason.

One thing is for sure, nobody who is an NFL fan would want to see this level of incompetency with officiating deciding outcomes of the games and it's been going on all season. So thanks for the a$$-kicking so we Vikings fans don't have to be so mad about the blown calls because they wouldn't have changed the outcome, we were getting stomped either way.

I live in the Pac-NW, been to many Seahawk games and you guys are great fans. Wish you luck the rest of the way, unless by some miracle we can make playoffs and have to see you again.

Please go into more depth on these bad calls. The big 3 that had an immediate impact on the game were all legit. The 3rd down holding call on Vikings DB where he nearly mugged Tyler L. was legit. The 15 yard penalty on the safety for targeting Tyler L. on the long catch was legit. And the one that I hear most people crying about which was the penalty called on Vikings DE for grabbing Wilson's leg was legit. Why? Because the ref blew the whistle which immediately makes the play dead. The only reason it looked wrong was because Wilson got up and ran. But regardless the whistle was blown. Its a foul 9/10 when it involve's a QB. As far as some of the calls against Viking's offense. Please go. They had no chance yesterday. Hawks D completely shut them down. It had zero outcome on the game.

Nice post, I guess, reading the fact the poster said they had no effect on the outcome but would like to see improvement flew past you, not anything we have not had several posts about here as well. An open ended post to Vikings fans and we have one respond and he does it in a classy way is something that is welcomed here, telling someone to leave isn't what were about.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
marymoorhawk":1cm8mk2x said:
hawksfansinceday1":1cm8mk2x said:
marymoorhawk":1cm8mk2x said:
..........They also kept on and on about the Vikings injuries on defense (I mean, they talked about it ALL game long). Ignoring completely that Lynch and Graham (#9 and #31 on the NFL top 100 players for 2015 list) were both out on offense as well. Difference being our subs stepped up.
This X 1000. The narrative was very Minny skewed yesterday and I normally like John Lynch. Not yesterday though.

Lynch was terrible - he called Cassius Marsh, Curtis Mash ... then Curtis Martin ... and then Curtis March all on the same play!
Yeah I hit him hard for that on the Gameday Forum.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Attention viking fans. Imagine if every viking game was officiated like this. Now you know what its like to be a seahawks fan.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
RiverDog":zyn0dr0j said:
IMO it's time to hire referees full time, pay them a salary for 12 months out of the year, make them officiate simulated games in the offseason, rate them against each other, ferret out the ones that get consistently bad marks and promote those that are deserving. The damn league is making enough money to pay these guys good money for good work. They can plow some of their profits back into improving the quality of their product.
This!!!

Seafan

Reaction score
Those refs sucked. They were crazy. This type of game can't happen this late in the season. That was preseason stuff.

I knew when I heard that the 2015 officiating emphasis was going to be OPI the league was in trouble.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":hryk7vil said:
To be honest, if we were on the other side and we got our ass kicked, it would be pointless to bitch about the penalties. I'd be worried if we sucked or not.

Vikings fans should be hoping that the Seahawks are that good and concerned if their team is that bad.

IMO it's pointless to bitch about officiating when the game was that lopsided. Makes way more sense in a close game.

Latest posts