Attention Viking Fans, we get it.

12thbrah

Reaction score
Same amount of penalties called so its a non issue in my opinion.

RiverDog

Reaction score
12thbrah":albtodsu said:
Same amount of penalties called so its a non issue in my opinion.

The other point is that we recovered from the penalties called on us. I think one of our scoring drive had 3 penalties called on us. Damn OL took turns jumping offsides.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":7ka8e29d said:
I haven't paid attention to what the Vikings fans are saying, but I doubt they are blaming this loss on the officials. Sure they are upset with some of the calls, but when you lose by 4 TD's, it's on you. If it were a close game and they lost, I could see the officials being at fault, but not when you get blown out. We just outplayed them, nothing else.

I think for the most part they are blaming the fact that they did not have all of their team available for this game. Officiating was not the biggest problem here...but contributed. The 3 defensive core players are what lost them the game. THat is what I was told tho.....

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
OkieHawk":2n6qk12i said:
All I know is that watching the game with my wife (Vikings fan) was interesting. I really had to keep my usual smack talk banter to a nil...........
Meaning you were interested in getting laid at some point in the next couple of weeks. Smart man.

marko358

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":3k2cijam said:
I think for the most part they are blaming the fact that they did not have all of their team available for this game. Officiating was not the biggest problem here...but contributed. The 3 defensive core players are what lost them the game. THat is what I was told tho.....

We could have given them 5 more offensive drives and they still would not have scored on us.

mrt144

Reaction score
Largent80":3tpyhtb2 said:
Nice to be on the other side of the bad call Karma.

Frankly its weird. on Fieldgulls open thread many of us didn't know how to handle the bad calls and admonished the ref for screwing up so badly.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":3uwoko01 said:
To be honest, if we were on the other side and we got our ass kicked, it would be pointless to bitch about the penalties. I'd be worried if we sucked or not.

Vikings fans should be hoping that the Seahawks are that good and concerned if their team is that bad.
I don't know if Seattle is that good or not, but I do know that earlier this season Kaepernick led the 49ers to a 20-3 win over this team in spite of severely shooting themselves in the foot all day with things like missed fgs, muffed punts in their own territory and massively badly timed drive killing penalties. Kaepernick, who we all agree has played near the very bottom of the NFL this year, looked good against them.

The Viking to me ARE that bad. On the other hand Seattle's losses have been close. Hard to say.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":3aegbg46 said:
seahawkfreak":3aegbg46 said:
To be honest, if we were on the other side and we got our ass kicked, it would be pointless to bitch about the penalties. I'd be worried if we sucked or not.

Vikings fans should be hoping that the Seahawks are that good and concerned if their team is that bad.
I don't know if Seattle is that good or not, but I do know that earlier this season Kaepernick led the 49ers to a 20-3 win over this team in spite of severely shooting themselves in the foot all day with things like missed fgs, muffed punts in their own territory and massively badly timed drive killing penalties. Kaepernick, who we all agree has played near the very bottom of the NFL this year, looked good against them.

The Viking to me ARE that bad. On the other hand Seattle's losses have been close. Hard to say.

its both... the Packers really exposed this team for what it is.

Now the radio guys are worried they may lose out and go 8-8 and if Teddy is the QB of this team next year. The excitement of continuing to win games against mediocre teams finally caught up to them. Many had targeted the Seattle game as the barometer whether the Vikings were really any good.... it appears they are not.

They'll make the playoffs unless they totally collapse. but they won't go very far.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
mrt144":1ar2d5st said:
Largent80":1ar2d5st said:
Nice to be on the other side of the bad call Karma.

Frankly its weird. on Fieldgulls open thread many of us didn't know how to handle the bad calls and admonished the ref for screwing up so badly.
Same thing here on the Gameday Forum. Refs got ripped.

SFVikeFan

Reaction score
Vikes fan here.

That was a brutal smackdown by Seahawks. Vikes had their butts handed to them all game on both sides of the ball. We just laid an egg. We're not nearly as bad as what we showed yesterday. We lost 4 defensive starters, 3 of which are our biggest playmaking studs in NT Joseph, OLB Barr and FS Smith and we simply do not have the depth to replace what those guys do as each one has unique skillsets that nobody else on the team has that allows Zimmer to bring exotic blitz packages and still cover. Our O-line is a sieve, lost 2 starters and we have 4/5 guys playing their position for the first time. Teddy is #1 for the most pressure on his dropbacks in the NFL, and yet our OC Turner dials up the most 7-step drops than any one else. Offensively our gameplan & calls are beyond stupid. We'd love to have Bevell back haha.

I will say this - not one Vikings fan thinks the refs were the reason we lost. We were just whooped by a better team. Sometimes you just get rolled, it happens.

That being said, the officiating yesterday hit a new low. I was disgusted and livid at some of those ticky tack calls. That 1st & 38 series was just a trainwreck. I am thankful that Seattle kicked our butts start to finish so those calls didn't affect the outcome. But had that been a tight game there would be a lot more outrage amongst us. That being said, this happened to us not long ago vs. the Packers (surprise) with us getting ticky tack calls in favor of them while Teddy is getting late hits and blows to the head and facemasks with no calls. Then you have to hear the Packer fans tell us to stop whining. Well I am sorry but NFL officiating has recently become so lop-sided, so bad that it appears that there is some obvious bias going on. I don't know how else to explain it without coming off like some crybaby. We all saw the Seahawks get hosed vs. the Steelers, we know you've been there.

I just don't know what to think, how can professional refs be sooo bad that they can't make calls that high school refs can make? I mean how the hell did we have to challenge that fumble by Rawls, when the ball was bouncing straight up in the air for everyone to see? The whole crew missed that?? C'mon! So either these refs are being paid to make calls favorable to certain teams ... and I don't know whether it's Vegas, the mob, or the NFL itself .... or are the refs have just magically become so stinking bad that we need to overhaul the entire system where every penalty can be challenged and reviewed by someone else in a central location? I don't know, but I know I've seen other games where some teams are getting just ridiculous calls and other teams are just getting screwed for no reason.

One thing is for sure, nobody who is an NFL fan would want to see this level of incompetency with officiating deciding outcomes of the games and it's been going on all season. So thanks for the a$$-kicking so we Vikings fans don't have to be so mad about the blown calls because they wouldn't have changed the outcome, we were getting stomped either way.

I live in the Pac-NW, been to many Seahawk games and you guys are great fans. Wish you luck the rest of the way, unless by some miracle we can make playoffs and have to see you again.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Good post...

I will never believe the refs are on the take. I honestly think they are just getting worse and worse. video replay may be a part of it, the speed of the game may be another. Combination of many factors. But, unlike some plays like Dez' catch last year in the playoffs, the refs aren't just misinterpreting the rule, they are just missing obvious calls while flagging things that don't make a ton of sense.

Its everywhere as well...

RCATES

Reaction score
SFVikeFan":vea6ynxr said:
Vikes fan here.

That was a brutal smackdown by Seahawks. Vikes had their butts handed to them all game on both sides of the ball. We just laid an egg. We're not nearly as bad as what we showed yesterday. We lost 4 defensive starters, 3 of which are our biggest playmaking studs in NT Joseph, OLB Barr and FS Smith and we simply do not have the depth to replace what those guys do as each one has unique skillsets that nobody else on the team has that allows Zimmer to bring exotic blitz packages and still cover. Our O-line is a sieve, lost 2 starters and we have 4/5 guys playing their position for the first time. Teddy is #1 for the most pressure on his dropbacks in the NFL, and yet our OC Turner dials up the most 7-step drops than any one else. Offensively our gameplan & calls are beyond stupid. We'd love to have Bevell back haha.

I will say this - not one Vikings fan thinks the refs were the reason we lost. We were just whooped by a better team. Sometimes you just get rolled, it happens.

That being said, the officiating yesterday hit a new low. I was disgusted and livid at some of those ticky tack calls. That 1st & 38 series was just a trainwreck. I am thankful that Seattle kicked our butts start to finish so those calls didn't affect the outcome. But had that been a tight game there would be a lot more outrage amongst us. That being said, this happened to us not long ago vs. the Packers (surprise) with us getting ticky tack calls in favor of them while Teddy is getting late hits and blows to the head and facemasks with no calls. Then you have to hear the Packer fans tell us to stop whining. Well I am sorry but NFL officiating has recently become so lop-sided, so bad that it appears that there is some obvious bias going on. I don't know how else to explain it without coming off like some crybaby. We all saw the Seahawks get hosed vs. the Steelers, we know you've been there.

I just don't know what to think, how can professional refs be sooo bad that they can't make calls that high school refs can make? I mean how the hell did we have to challenge that fumble by Rawls, when the ball was bouncing straight up in the air for everyone to see? The whole crew missed that?? C'mon! So either these refs are being paid to ensure that certain teams win/lose ... whether it's Vegas, the mob, or the NFL itself .... or are they so stinking bad that we need to overhaul the entire system where every penalty can be challenged and reviewed by someone else in a central location? I don't know, but I know I've seen other games where some teams are getting just ridiculous calls and other teams are just getting screwed for no reason.

One thing is for sure, nobody who is an NFL fan would want to see this level of incompetency with officiating deciding outcomes of the games and it's been going on all season. So thanks for the a$$-kicking so we Vikings fans don't have to be so mad about the blown calls because they wouldn't have changed the outcome, we were getting stomped either way.

I live in the Pac-NW, been to many Seahawk games and you guys are great fans. Wish you luck the rest of the way, unless by some miracle we can make playoffs and have to see you again.

Please go into more depth on these bad calls. The big 3 that had an immediate impact on the game were all legit. The 3rd down holding call on Vikings DB where he nearly mugged Tyler L. was legit. The 15 yard penalty on the safety for targeting Tyler L. on the long catch was legit. And the one that I hear most people crying about which was the penalty called on Vikings DE for grabbing Wilson's leg was legit. Why? Because the ref blew the whistle which immediately makes the play dead. The only reason it looked wrong was because Wilson got up and ran. But regardless the whistle was blown. Its a foul 9/10 when it involve's a QB. As far as some of the calls against Viking's offense. Please go. They had no chance yesterday. Hawks D completely shut them down. It had zero outcome on the game.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
RCATES":39a1l0sg said:
SFVikeFan":39a1l0sg said:
Vikes fan here.

That being said, the officiating yesterday hit a new low. I was disgusted and livid at some of those ticky tack calls. That 1st & 38 series was just a trainwreck. I am thankful that Seattle kicked our butts start to finish so those calls didn't affect the outcome.
But had that been a tight game there would be a lot more outrage amongst us. That being said, this happened to us not long ago vs. the Packers (surprise) with us getting ticky tack calls in favor of them while Teddy is getting late hits and blows to the head and facemasks with no calls. Then you have to hear the Packer fans tell us to stop whining. Well I am sorry but NFL officiating has recently become so lop-sided, so bad that it appears that there is some obvious bias going on. I don't know how else to explain it without coming off like some crybaby. We all saw the Seahawks get hosed vs. the Steelers, we know you've been there.

I just don't know what to think, how can professional refs be sooo bad that they can't make calls that high school refs can make? I mean how the hell did we have to challenge that fumble by Rawls, when the ball was bouncing straight up in the air for everyone to see? The whole crew missed that?? C'mon! So either these refs are being paid to ensure that certain teams win/lose ... whether it's Vegas, the mob, or the NFL itself .... or are they so stinking bad that we need to overhaul the entire system where every penalty can be challenged and reviewed by someone else in a central location? I don't know, but I know I've seen other games where some teams are getting just ridiculous calls and other teams are just getting screwed for no reason.

Please go into more depth on these bad calls. The big 3 that had an immediate impact on the game were all legit. The 3rd down holding call on Vikings DB where he nearly mugged Tyler L. was legit. The 15 yard penalty on the safety for targeting Tyler L. on the long catch was legit. And the one that I hear most people crying about which was the penalty called on Vikings DE for grabbing Wilson's leg was legit. Why? Because the ref blew the whistle which immediately makes the play dead. The only reason it looked wrong was because Wilson got up and ran. But regardless the whistle was blown. Its a foul 9/10 when it involve's a QB. As far as some of the calls against Viking's offense. Please go. They had no chance yesterday. Hawks D completely shut them down. It had zero outcome on the game.

You serious?

The two OPI's were terrible calls, and no matter what was happening in terms of the whistle, the personal foul on Robinson pulling Wilson's leg was silly, at best.

Visiting fan comes on here and says his team got whooped and refs didnt make a difference, but brings up a legit concern that this board talks about literally every day... and you tell him to leave?

RCATES

Reaction score
Uncle Si":12e8bsgn said:
RCATES":12e8bsgn said:
SFVikeFan":12e8bsgn said:
Vikes fan here.

That being said, the officiating yesterday hit a new low. I was disgusted and livid at some of those ticky tack calls. That 1st & 38 series was just a trainwreck. I am thankful that Seattle kicked our butts start to finish so those calls didn't affect the outcome.
But had that been a tight game there would be a lot more outrage amongst us. That being said, this happened to us not long ago vs. the Packers (surprise) with us getting ticky tack calls in favor of them while Teddy is getting late hits and blows to the head and facemasks with no calls. Then you have to hear the Packer fans tell us to stop whining. Well I am sorry but NFL officiating has recently become so lop-sided, so bad that it appears that there is some obvious bias going on. I don't know how else to explain it without coming off like some crybaby. We all saw the Seahawks get hosed vs. the Steelers, we know you've been there.

You serious?

The two OPI's were terrible calls, and no matter what was happening in terms of the whistle, the personal foul on Robinson pulling Wilson's leg was silly, at best.

Visiting fan comes on here and says his team got whooped and refs didnt make a difference, but brings up a legit concern that this board talks about literally every day... and you tell him to leave?

Sorry you disagree with the rule's. That's your problem not mine or the refs.

marko358

Reaction score
RCATES":2jm37dv4 said:
Sorry you disagree with the rule's. That's your problem not mine or the refs.

Smilies_Embarrassed_Bag.gif

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I thought one of the OPIs and penalties was rubbish but all the others were legit. All in all however the game was simply not decided in any way by horrible penalties or horrible calls on completed passes and fumbles unlike at least 3 Hawks games have been this year.

The Vikes played past the whistle a few times and should have had a few more roughing calls. All in all it was a typical NFL game, where each side had something to grumble about with the refereeing.

marymoorhawk

Reaction score
RCATES":27csokvw said:

The penalty on Wilson was pretty ticky tack to me but it is being completely overblown. If that had happened on 3rd down, forcing a field goal I could understand the angst, but it was first down at the Vikings 14 yard line on a drive that started on our own 2. If they don't call it's 2nd and 18. Given that the Vikings defense barely stopped RW all day i hardly think that call, given it happened on a first down, had a massive impact on that drive.

Fan sentiment is partially influenced by the fact that the announcing crew kept on about it for some time, which was dumb considering the context of when that call was made. They also kept on and on about the Vikings injuries on defense (I mean, they talked about it ALL game long). Ignoring completely that Lynch and Graham (#9 and #31 on the NFL top 100 players for 2015 list) were both out on offense as well. Difference being our subs stepped up.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
marymoorhawk":3fnbycta said:
..........They also kept on and on about the Vikings injuries on defense (I mean, they talked about it ALL game long). Ignoring completely that Lynch and Graham (#9 and #31 on the NFL top 100 players for 2015 list) were both out on offense as well. Difference being our subs stepped up.
This X 1000. The narrative was very Minny skewed yesterday and I normally like John Lynch. Not yesterday though.

marymoorhawk

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1oe78pio said:
marymoorhawk":1oe78pio said:
..........They also kept on and on about the Vikings injuries on defense (I mean, they talked about it ALL game long). Ignoring completely that Lynch and Graham (#9 and #31 on the NFL top 100 players for 2015 list) were both out on offense as well. Difference being our subs stepped up.
This X 1000. The narrative was very Minny skewed yesterday and I normally like John Lynch. Not yesterday though.

Lynch was terrible - he called Cassius Marsh, Curtis Mash ... then Curtis Martin ... and then Curtis March all on the same play!

Latest posts