Attention Viking Fans, we get it.

sutz

Reaction score
olyfan63":2m67ueyg said:
The personal foul after the sack on Wilson was unfortunate, but legit. Once the QB is down, the party's over. It should have been clear the QB was down. Hope there is no fine on that one, though. It looked like just an unfortunate reaction by the Viking DL. Not sure what Russell was doing, getting up and running to the end zone.
Nobody was hurt, doubtful there would be a fine.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
olyfan63":2ukqcsgf said:
The personal foul after the sack on Wilson was unfortunate, but legit. Once the QB is down, the party's over. It should have been clear the QB was down. Hope there is no fine on that one, though. It looked like just an unfortunate reaction by the Viking DL. Not sure what Russell was doing, getting up and running to the end zone.

Obviously Russ didn't think that his knee touched the ground.

kf3339

Reaction score
This Hawk team clearly outplayed the Vikings and trying to blame a few bad calls is just petty. The Vikings should look more at their lack of a running game and piss poor tackling if they want something to blame.

All in all it was a great win for our Hawks!

Smellyman

Reaction score
The two OPI's were really weak.

They need to call those on the Pats, Broncos, Cards etc. who do that every freaking play, but seemingly it is never called.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I haven't paid attention to what the Vikings fans are saying, but I doubt they are blaming this loss on the officials. Sure they are upset with some of the calls, but when you lose by 4 TD's, it's on you. If it were a close game and they lost, I could see the officials being at fault, but not when you get blown out. We just outplayed them, nothing else.

drdiags

Reaction score
Fans will always complain about refs calls. I wish they would just be removed and you go to some other way of figuring out who messed up. Our fans are just as vocal about penalties so I am not going to join in on the disparaging of the Vikings fans even though I hate their organization

BigMeach

Reaction score
I agree there were bad calls in this game but they all came when we were already blowing them out. The only one I recall that wasn't was maybe the 15 yarder on RW, but with the way the game was being played by both teams I'm quite positive we still end up with a TD there. If we don't we at least kick a field goal.

The difference is when we had bad calls against us over the last few weeks (including today) we overcame them with better play. For example today RW runs for a long touchdown and it's called back by a very questionable holding call. What do we do? Throw a touchdown the next play.

Refs can ruin games, we've had it happen in the ultimate game. I just wish our team then could overcome them like this team has been doing lately.

RiverDog

Reaction score
There was a bogus defensive holding call in the first half against us that gave the Vikings their first first down, but no one noticed because we forced them to punt 3 plays later.

See how that works? If you are a good and play well, you can recover from most bad calls.

Zorn76

Reaction score
Minny missing their 4 leading tacklers on D helped too, but this still woulda been a win. Viking offense even more one dimensional than I thought.

Officiating being bad has been protocol this year across the board.

Minnesota now has a short week and a tough match up in AZ.

Meanwhile, we cannot overlook Baltimore next Sunday.

Take care of business.

And another thank you goes out to Atlanta, who continues to implode, losing 5 in a row and counting...

Looks like it will continue, as they play the Panthers twice over the next 3 weeks. Then again, with Carolina already clinching division, it will be interesting to see how they play it out. AZ is 2 games behind for HFA, so they at least have to secure that before resting guys.

Buccs now in the hunt. They are 5-3 for conference games (vs our 6-4), and have a shot at wc spot with their remaining schedule: vs Saints, @ Rams, vs Bears, @ Panthers (who may be resting starters if they attain HFA at that point).

No worries if we keep doing our part.

Go Seahawks!!!

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Dear Viqueen fans,
Did you ever get screwed out of a Super Bowl win by bad officiating like our Hawks did in XL*?
(and before you answer, I've seen every Super Bowl ever played)
Answer: No, you earned all 4 of those losses in the Super Bowl. Until you get screwed out of a championship, I don't wanna hear it. Oh, and Lon was right, Seattle still wins this game by at least 24 even with good officiating.
All that said, they sucked bad today and that's rare cuz this crew (McCauley and Co.) are usually pretty decent.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
irocdave":9w9gxk3j said:
Some of those calls were just horrible. I don't get what the NFL and the refs are trying to do. The Hawks had this game in hand, the consecutive bad calls against the Vikings were not needed to impact the outcome of the game. Vikings fans are great fans, sorry they had to see that on top of a rare butt whipping. It's like salt being poured on an open wound.

WTF NFL?
The NFL isn't doing anything on purpose this is just the result of letting a bunch of experienced referees go in favor of a new pool of younger and far less experienced referees. It will normalize in a year or two.

With that said it was shocking to be on the other side for once concerning bad calls. Not that it matters given the Seahawks win this game by 3 scores regardless of the officiating. Minnesota isn't ready yet while on the other hand it's pretty obvious the Seahawks are finally cranking it up for a playoff run.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":15tmh666 said:
..........this is just the result of letting a bunch of experienced referees go in favor of a new pool of younger and far less experienced referees. It will normalize in a year or two.........
In other words it'll go from horrific back to just plain bad. Gotcha. Thanks MHG.

RiverDog

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2lh9g8no said:
irocdave":2lh9g8no said:
Some of those calls were just horrible. I don't get what the NFL and the refs are trying to do. The Hawks had this game in hand, the consecutive bad calls against the Vikings were not needed to impact the outcome of the game. Vikings fans are great fans, sorry they had to see that on top of a rare butt whipping. It's like salt being poured on an open wound.

WTF NFL?
The NFL isn't doing anything on purpose this is just the result of letting a bunch of experienced referees go in favor of a new pool of younger and far less experienced referees. It will normalize in a year or two.

With that said it was shocking to be on the other side for once concerning bad calls.

Sorry, Mizzou, but I disagree.

There have been an unusual high number of bad calls from the games that I've seen this season, more than in the past. IMO it's time to hire referees full time, pay them a salary for 12 months out of the year, make them officiate simulated games in the offseason, rate them against each other, ferret out the ones that get consistently bad marks and promote those that are deserving. The damn league is making enough money to pay these guys good money for good work. They can plow some of their profits back into improving the quality of their product.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
What drives me nuts is the inconsistency in calls from game to game. They called things super tight today, they won't call them tight like that in other games. Nobody knows what defensive holding looks like. It seems completely random on when they throw flags for offensive holding. And don't even get me started on the catch/no catch garbage. That stuff needs to get fixed.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Reaneypark":3c1kx7vw said:
What drives me nuts is the inconsistency in calls from game to game. They called things super tight today, they won't call them tight like that in other games. Nobody knows what defensive holding looks like. It seems completely random on when they throw flags for offensive holding. And don't even get me started on the catch/no catch garbage. That stuff needs to get fixed.

Yea this is what drives me nuts. Look at all the replays of our game with AZ. Ridiculous.

Also, if the Hawks lost by this score, I wouldn't bitch about the officiating. Bevell would probably be top of my list. :twisted:

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
In all fairness, so far I haven't seen anything from a single Vikings fan here on .net.
This thread has 36 post with over 2000 views though.
Makes me wonder if the thread scared them off?
No way, right?

RiverDog

Reaction score
pmedic920":hzo5x0hw said:
In all fairness, so far I haven't seen anything from a single Vikings fan here on .net.
This thread has 36 post with over 2000 views though.
Makes me wonder if the thread scared them off?
No way, right?

I suspect that most Vikings fans are laying low about now. I know that if I was on the losing end of a 38-7 score, I wouldn't be blogging, I'd be looking for something else to take my mind off football. It's like waking up with a hangover: You initially swear that you'll never touch another drop for the rest of your life. They're probably all watching John Wayne reruns.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
All I know is that watching the game with my wife (Vikings fan) was interesting. I really had to keep my usual smack talk banter to a nil. I felt bad as some of those calls were horrible, and I told her as such. But we still whooped that ass. :twisted:

Latest posts