Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (49ers @ Seahawks)

Jase

Reaction score
Hawks get it done even without the power of Tanzania.

27-20 Seahawks.

1-0

Slick

Reaction score
Close. 50/50. We win because I distract Kaep with pictures of turtles wearing Dolphins gear.

Seahawks - 20
Niners - 17

0-1

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
I have very little confidence in our ability to score many points right now. Hopefully our coaches can get things moving early for once, but I need to have it proven to me that we can protect Russ and run the ball at 4 yards per again. SF is going to be ready to roll and Kaep won't get blindsided by the crowd this time around. Just don't feel it this week

49ers - 24
Hawks - 17

0-1

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
I think Pete built this team for one thing, to beat the Niners. You win this division then everybody else will have to come to our house to play in the playoffs! Mwaahaahaahaa!

I am going with a Seahawks Win and call it 24-13

My season record is 1-0

pehawk

Reaction score
3rd down %. Red Zone efficiency/TD's. Sustain drives.

All of those are goals Wilson's been given and achieved. There's no doubt in my mind one of Wilson's goals this year is "sweep the 49ers". Most likely one of the ones he didn't want seen in the RRR.

The Seahawks held a lot of their new offensive wrinkles back last week. It's all about winning the West.

31-14 Seahawks

0-0

NYCoug

Reaction score
There's something seriously weird going on here, Aros. Last week, I was thinking 16-13 Seahawks and then I read your prediction thread and you had written the same thing. Again, yesterday I was thinking that 28-17 just feels like the score and type of game that just makes sense. One day later, I read your prediction thread and bam! You've read my mind again. Unreal!

We were both wrong last week though, but correct in predicting the nature of the game. This week I'm thinking the Hawks just make more big plays and punch it into the endzone more than last week. The Niners will put up a great fight, but in the end, it won't matter. Fate wins out.

28-17 Seahawks

1-0

lukerguy

Reaction score
Seahawks 31
49ers 20

1-0

Kaepernick's two/three play pre-snap audible will be a problem again. Minimum 2 delay of games and 3 false starts.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
It's tough to tell right now if our Oline is simply terrible, or if the Panthers line is just really good and the heat/humidity/travel/start time conspired along with being the first meaningful game to make it a rough start.

But I disagree with some of the sentiment that the hawks have a lot to fix. When your primary goal on offense is to run the ball, and that gets not only hindered but basically destroyed, that derails your entire game plan and everything you've built up for. We were never able to get into any sort of rhythm.

However that completely overlooks the fact that in a tough spot given all the factors above, our defense minus 3 starters (Browner, Clemmons - counting Irvin as a starting LB even though he may not be every-down) and another possible starter in Avril pretty much shut down Carolina and held them to one score. I don't care if it's a TD or a FG, if you go on the road with all of these factors and hold them to one score, you're a good football team with a great defense.

Lets not forget that we were the leading defense in scoring last year. No team in pre-season scored more than 10 points on us. We went on the road and got no running game going and our defense still held the home team to one score. The 49ers haven't scored more than 19 on us in our last 3 meetings, including a pair of 13 point games last season.

We are a different team at home. Kaepernick looked completely shell-shocked the last time he visited Seattle, and it's only going to be even louder for him this year.

Our team will come out ready to play. You know one thing about this team is that they always have a lot to prove. Now they need to prove that they are an elite team, and that last week was just a rough start. We are slow starters on the road, the difference this year is that we found a way to win.

Seahawks 28
49ers 19

grizbob

Reaction score
Aint gonna say, you can thank me after the game :mrgreen: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall:

C-Dub

Reaction score
Seahawks 27, 49ers 13

Season Record: 1-0

Someone won't be too happy about it...
88caaba857be3128705bdd2468c87041.gif

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Seahawks 30, Niners 14.

Just see this being kind of one-sided. Similar to the home opener last year.

YTD: 1-0

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
It won't be as easy as last year, and if we suffered a loss it sure wouldn't floor me, but I won't pick against us in any home game this season. It's just a bridge too far for most visiting teams to have much of a chance in Seattle. San Francisco or New Orleans will make the best run at it, but both will fall a bit short.

24-21 Seahawks

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
AbsolutNET":2oqtu1uh said:
I have very little confidence in our ability to score many points right now. Hopefully our coaches can get things moving early for once, but I need to have it proven to me that we can protect Russ and run the ball at 4 yards per again. SF is going to be ready to roll and Kaep won't get blindsided by the crowd this time around. Just don't feel it this week

49ers - 24
Hawks - 17

0-1

Boo!! Booo hiss I say!

Hawknballs

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":26fokad8 said:
Kaepernick will be short an eyebrow after Sunday night. Maker my words.

I will Maker's Mark your words.