Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (49ers @ Seahawks)

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Anticipated by many as the regular season game of the year, the 49ers/Seahawks matchup promises not to be one thing: Boring.

I have a lot of respect for the 49ers. I think on a neutral field, you can flip a coin to decide who beats who. I think on their respective home fields though, you have to side with the home team. However, the obvious home field advantage has to go to Seattle. While beating the 49ers in San Francisco would be no easy task, I feel the 49ers beating Seattle in Seattle is next to impossible. Not impossible, but next to it.

The 12th Man will be going for a world record in crowd noise. Sorry for you 49ers, just bad timing.

Aros' Fearless Prediction: Seahawks 28 - 49ers 17

Aros' Fearless Record: 1-0

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Seahawks have a lot to work on. But playing at home fixes a lot. I think they will tighten up a bunch of the areas that were sloppy last week.

I agree that this game is a toss up, and I have the feeling that both games against the 49ers this year will be decided on the home/road factor alone. It's going to be a close one.

Seahawks 17
49ers 16

My Record to Date: 0-1

Shaz

Reaction score
Going to be a very tough and physical game, both team will bring their A-Game

Seahawks 24, 49ers 20

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
Well I was off on my score last week but I still predicted the win. I say tough game but at home I see the 49ers making a few more mistakes than us and plus that crowd noise.

Seahawks 31, 49ers 20

Season Record: 1-0

CHawks4L

Reaction score
After watching our OL last week, I do not think we will be able to run against them. We will have to pass early and often, exploit their secondary, more screens and call a few QB draws perhaps to keep the ends from containing. Then use a few QB rollouts can work to buy time and allow RW his best visability. Their D is not as strong, but their front is a force and our OL is questionable.

Key difference in the game will be the SF offenses inability to audible. The crowd will be the difference, no question. They also will not be able to rely on one Boldin as he has struggled mightily against our physical corners in the past. I think the best bet for SF Offense is to revert to the read option and get Kap on some runs like they did vs GB in the playoffs.

Much like last week, we will hold them, keep it conservative at first, then capitalize on mistakes. By the end of the game, our run game will close it out because RW will have connected on several medium and deep shots.

Hawks win 27-16

12thManHawkFan

Reaction score
33-10

No reason to spot SF any more points than anyone else has scored on us so far this Pre/regular season.

4 Tds, 1 passing, 3 rushing, 50+ yard FG. With all the safeties last week, jon punting in beast mode and pass rushers hopefully returning, im banking on one as well.

Record: 1-0

the ditch

Reaction score
This is going to be a great game, two teams who hate each other, both teams will probably look back on this game good or bad as a meaningful playoff implication game, Sunday night football. Can't wait to get loud.

Seahawks 21
49ers 17

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
There's a lot of optimism on here right now.

With the Hawks, "I'm in," but not with a win this week after watching both games last weekend. I think our drives will stall a bit, and their offense will click. Russ leads a 4th quarter comeback that falls just short. But we'll beat them at their place later in the season after we fix some line issues, return Irvin, Harvin, etc.

Blue/Green - 17
Other - 24

Record: 1-0

HOLLYWOOD

Reaction score
Hopefully we get our defensive starters back. I expect a battle. SF better get ready. Not sure I have EVER seen the 12th man this rabid and ready.

Seahawks- 27
49ers - 19

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Harbaugh will be doing his best Yosemite Sam impression by the 2nd quarter.

San Fran will make it interesting late. 31-26, Seattle

A

Anonymous

Hawks: 31
49ers: 14

Record: 0-1 (I predicted a loss last week but I don't think I'm sunk in terms of my 12-4 for the year prediction)

The Seahawks have a huge night-game winning record and I don't think that will change this weekend, especially at home.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Even with Kaepernick's growth over the off season, Seattle's defense is perfect for defending the 49ers' gazelle. Especially with the crowd roaring so that Kaepernick can't hear or relay audibles.

I also fully expect the O-line to get its ass handed to it this week by Cable, and they'll be ready to wipe out an awful performance.

Seattle 27 49ers 16

1-0