Aros' Fearless Playoff Prediction Thread (Saints @ Seahawks)

DeathbyTalons

Reaction score
31-10 Hawks.

Statement win by the team to let the league know "you tell em' I'm comin and I'm bringin hell with me!"

tdlabrie

Reaction score
Close game, but regardless of how improved the NO run game is, or anything else since we played them, how can anybody realistically believe they are going to win? I don't mean like the Saints hoping to win, hoping to have their "A" game with us flat, but really believing it? Not gonna happen.

Seattle 20
NO 13

Tokadub

Reaction score
23-20 Hawks win

BUT we end up with the ball and run out the clock with several minutes to go. I don't think we'll need to stop some last minute push by them to save the game or need to score ourselves in some 2 minute drill. So the game is a little bit wider of a margin for Hawks victory compared to how close it looks on paper.

I think that prediction is a little generous to the Saints. This is my Saints play well and Seahawks struggle a bit prediction (most likely occurrence in my opinion).

seahawks08

Reaction score
Any given Sunday its tough to beat a team, but tomorrow is Saturday! 35 - 21 Hawks

A

Anonymous

Hawks: 28
Saints: 14

All the talk about them trying to run the ball makes my mind's-eye see that they may be going deep, and often, to try and score as much and as fast as they can. This means we'll see special teams weirdness, probably some kicking-team fakes, and a LOT of gambling on defense.

It will be interesting, that's for sure.

Go Hawks!

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":1rkvhhjy said:
In the pre-season predictions, I had us losing to New Orleans in this round, though as the five-seed.

I'm sticking to that prediction.

New Orleans 31
Seattle 24
kmore1.gif

OrFan

Reaction score
Not quite at big of a spread as the last game, everything went right then, a perfect storm.

It will not be close. I see the Hawks dominating again.

Hawks - 27

Crawdad eaters - 13

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
I think the Seahawks are going to have decent field position all day. Hearing that Percy will be returning kicks, and Payton will be doing some kicking away from him could give us the ball in good shape throughout. I think the Saints are overconfident in their ability to run the ball and the Hawks shut that down early. Weather is a factor in this one, so airing it out will be a problem for both teams. I see this being a slugging match early, and a couple turnovers by the Saints lead Seattle on to another victory.

Seahawks 34
Saints 16

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
If the Saints were healthy, I think that this one would have the potential to actually be a game. I honestly believe that attrition has finally caught up to the Saints, as they simply don't have the horses to hang with the Hawks in this one. With the weather looking like it's going to be a factor, the running games for both teams (and the effectiveness of the run defenses on the other side) will be the difference -- huge advantage to Seattle in that category. Percy Harvin's addition will also loom large, as his kickoff returns will mean better field position for the Hawks ... and his presence in the passing game will mean more space for the rest of Seattle's receiving corps.

I'm calling it ...
Seahawks 31
Saints 17

Exittium

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3ik6nv6h said:
41-20, Seahawks win. Percy Harvin merely running routes opens things up for our offense wonderfully.
Hawk-N-Stein":3ik6nv6h said:
Hawks pick away at the Saints D all day long.

Hawks 42

Saints 21

Im going to agree with both of these

42 Hawks
20 Something NO

Rufus

Reaction score
38-3, Seahawks

I think the Legion of Boom, the wind & rain, and the Clink/12s shut down Brees & the NO passing game. The Hawks' run D will do what they do and even if Pierre Thomas plays, NO's pedestrian run game won't be able to move much against them.

The return of Harvin plus the decimated Saints defense makes for some explosive plays through the air despite the weather and a big day running the ball for both Lynch and Wilson.

With the Saints on the road again 1 week after a bruising road playoff game, and the more physical, more healthy Hawks coming off a bye week and playing at home in the crazy Clink atmosphere--the first home playoff game since the Beastquake game vs the Saints, and the first home playoff game under Carroll... the place is going to be unreal--plus Harvin returning kicks giving us good field position, and "Mr Touchback" Hauschka and Ryan & our great punt unit giving the Saints bad field position... I see the Saints getting in a hole early, their beat up D on the field too long all day with that hole getting deeper and them not able to climb out. I think the Hawks D returns from their bye week with a punishing demonstration of playoff football Seattle style.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
27-10 Seahawks.

Harvin has a huge impact with at least one TD and the Saints have a tough time with the weather and crowd noise, but get a cheap TD somewhere.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
27-17 Seahawks

A big play on special teams makes the game much closer than it needs to be.

I see Lynch and Wilson running for over 150 yds and allow us to control the clock today.

The weather plays an impact of both teams scoring early and Brees and Wilson both throws picks today. I'm hoping the saints fumble the ball at least twice.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Man, I can't help but feel like the Seahawks are going to be on point today. From everything I've heard this week on the radio, to the blog post by Earl Thomas; our guys should be coming out firing on all cylinders. It's time to leave no doubt.

Seahawks win 34-24. We give up more points this game... in garbage time.

RTD: 13-3