Anthony McCoy ruptured Achilles

SDHawk

Reaction score
jlwaters1":1ci45j9o said:
I wouldn't sign anyone. Let Helfet and McGrath fight it out for the "blocking TE" role. This pretty much guarantees that Willson will make the team.

Perhaps but we worked out Schiancoe in December and he's familiar with Bevell's system.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Jerhawk":1xrg2run said:
dukestar":1xrg2run said:
Let me guess. He caught the ball, was running downfield and was looking behind him to see who was catching him and ran into the goal post?
lol yes i can visualize this happening...
Nah, there's no goal post at the 15 yard line, it's obvious that he tripped over his foot, and then stepped on it while he was down.

Seriously though, he must have been doing something right for Pete to be giving him all the reps.
As for Fells, and Willson?, let's hope that one or both of these young men can get their game to NFL level and speed, because backup TEs are pretty thinned out for the Seahawks.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Man this sucks........injury big already seems to be a problem for this upcoming season.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I guess Seattle and San Francisco are serious about countering each other's moves right down to the injuries even!

BigMeach

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":165x942t said:
USChawk":165x942t said:
So you don't want a TE that has proven to be a good #2 for a basketball player and rookie?

That is crazy talk.

Last season most of the .net was certain that starting a 3rd round rookie over a "proven" vet was crazy talk. How did that work out? McCoy had 18 receptions last year, that is far from "proven to be good" status in my book. Im cool with relying on either of the two rookies for 1 reception per game. If Miller was to go down neither McCoy, Willson, or Fells would be able to replace that production. McCoy just isn't very good, go with the upside.

Really going to use RW as a comparison to (insert random rookie here) ... I believe he would be the exception, not the rule.

McGruff

Reaction score
I didn't think McCoy was going to make the final roster anyway, so this has no impact IMO

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Free Agent TE's left:

Rucker, Martin
Rosario, Dante
Pope, Leonard
Palmer, Michael
O'Connell, Jake
Mastrud, Jeron
Heller, Will
Epps, Dedrick
Cooley, Chris
Clark, Dallas
Beckum, Travis
Bajema, Billy
Thomas, David
McMichael, Randy
Boss, Kevin
Baker, Josh

So not much. Cooley would be interesting. Maybe Boss. Otherwise I'd rather stick with the young guys.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
McGruff":2temn1l6 said:
I didn't think McCoy was going to make the final roster anyway, so this has no impact IMO

Yep. The only problem now is I don't think we can cut him while he's injured, so we're on the hook for his salary for the entire season while he's rehabbing. As opposed to cutting him during camp and saving the cap.

Killa Kam

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":2qzbs8et said:
McCoy was proven to be good at dropping a lot of passes. "Stone hands" McCoy.
He only had one drop last year. Some of you are seriously selling him short, he's a solid back up and both St Louis games aside he had a good season imo.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2rrf4jym said:
Free Agent TE's left:

Rucker, Martin
Rosario, Dante
Pope, Leonard
Palmer, Michael
O'Connell, Jake
Mastrud, Jeron
Heller, Will
Epps, Dedrick
Cooley, Chris
Clark, Dallas
Beckum, Travis
Bajema, Billy
Thomas, David
McMichael, Randy
Boss, Kevin
Baker, Josh

So not much. Cooley would be interesting. Maybe Boss. Otherwise I'd rather stick with the young guys.

Meh list. What we need is another TE that can block. Willson fills the pass catching niche, if not McGrath. Neither Boss nor Cooley are blockers.

The Radish

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":qv6fsrnn said:

Its funny that receivers that drop the football a lot are said to have "hands of stone".

While one of the best lb for lb boxers of all time was called Hands of Stone, Roberto Duran.

:les:

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Killa Kam":1wqcon7j said:
SacHawk2.0":1wqcon7j said:
He only had one drop last year. Some of you are seriously selling him short, he's a solid back up and both St Louis games aside he had a good season imo.
It's an issue of either not paying attention or people telling themselves that it doesn't matter. He's a solid overall #2 TE. I shouldn't be surprised how some can be so grossly incorrect about McCoy, but I am. McCoy improved a lot and was a consistent contributor last year as a blocker especially, but also gave us some nice big plays in the passing game. As to why some people choose not to acknowledge that I don't know.

We'll be fine and will have to adjust with having more 3 WR sets and more Mike Rob leading while Wilson and whoever else is brought along as a #2 TE candidate, but we'll be fine. Will be an adjustment, but we'll be fine.

Largent80

Reaction score
Damn, he was getting better each season.

WTF?...now we have to root for Fells, who was just cut and resigned. Also Miller is coming off an injury.

This has a high suck factor.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
While water balloons may be descending from above, the sky is not falling (yet), my chicken little (I mean HUGE tatas) largent.

Starrman44

Reaction score
First of all, I like Anthony McCoy. I like how he was improving. I do think that it will have Willson a chance to improve faster because he should get more reps. To me, that's the silver lining. It doesn't mean that I am happy McCoy is injured or that I don't trust the coaching staff. When things happen, you have to find the positive otherwise it gets depressing.

The problem is that McCoy had kind of proven himself to be a reliable #2 tight end. We don't know what Willson is, so if he doesn't become a dependable #2, that could be a problem. I like being able to go 2 tight ends. That list of available tight ends is pretty blah.

gspin2k1

Reaction score
He should have been on that Adderall, maybe it wouldn't have happened.

Too Soon?

Hawks46

Reaction score
If we wanted a blocking TE, we should bring back WIll Heller.