Anthony McCoy ruptured Achilles

HawkFan72

Reaction score
McCoy was great TE depth for us. It is razor thin at this point. This sucks.

We better hope Miller and his foot issues can survive the season and that Willson pans out. Otherwise we have a major hole at the TE position.

drdiags

Reaction score
Happypuppy":3c6ehs60 said:
@evansilva: #Seahawks TE Anthony McCoy's Achilles' tear opens door for athletic freak Luke Willson as the pass catcher behind Zach Miller.

Sounds like he tore it yesterday? Next man up !

Monday, when they first thought it was his ankle and carted him off. Some reports make it sound like it was later but makes sense that it was that day.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well for all those gloating about Crabtree being out and the 49ers ripe for picking this is the Karma of the NFL. I hope he recovers quickly although he was one of the stiffest looking route runners I have seen in a long time at any position, agility was not in his resume'. We can only hope that this opened the door for someone else that can be better in the long run and a positive comes from this.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
chris98251":j92k05tw said:
Well for all those gloating about Crabtree being out and the 49ers ripe for picking this is the Karma of the NFL. I hope he recovers quickly although he was one of the stiffest looking route runners I have seen in a long time at any position, agility was not in his resume'. We can only hope that this opened the door for someone else that can be better in the long run and a positive comes from this.

This happened before the Crabtree's injury, just wasn't reported faster. Do you feel that karma somehow changed an existing injury to McCoy. Just curious, as I know everyone believes in different things. While I do not believe in karma, I always am interested in others beliefs and would be fascinated if you felt his injury was worsened because of "gloating" hawk fans. I curiously await.

drdiags

Reaction score
For those that are glad this happened to open an opportunity for Fells or Willson, just sounds like you don't trust the coaching staff to pick the best player for the job. It is a moot point now but I would rather have seen the players with upside win the job and not fall into it due to luck. I am sure if the remaining players cannot fulfill the role expected of the TE#2 position that the team will scour the waiver wire.

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
If Willson lives up to the hype, he'll make Schneider look like a genius. Again.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Not a karma believer except for me in my personal life... and really, I'm more of a Golden Rule believer than a karma believer... but they kinda go hand in hand.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
chris98251":kddqq37e said:

I seem to remember the vast, vast majority of us not gloating about Crabtree's injury. Almost everyone I saw said it sucked and wished him well. These things happen, and whether to your team or a hated rival's, they're no fun at all. And now the players have to live with the injury to the extent it heals for the rest of their lives.

Tical21

Reaction score
I will be completely shocked if there isn't a blocking type signed in the next few days. Kevin Boss or Will Heller possibly.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
drdiags":in2vh71e said:
For those that are glad this happened to open an opportunity for Fells or Willson, just sounds like you don't trust the coaching staff to pick the best player for the job. It is a moot point now but I would rather have seen the players with upside win the job and not fall into it due to luck. I am sure if the remaining players cannot fulfill the role expected of the TE#2 position that the team will scour the waiver wire.

I haven't seen a single person say they are glad.

HunnyBadger

Reaction score
I have mixed feelings about this.

McCoy had some big catches for us last season and developed some chemistry with Wilson. He was an OK, blocker, but his little dancing prance along the line of scrimmage while going into motion drove me nuts!...Just go in motion and get set for the play for cripes sake. McCoy also didn't look very coordinated when he ran...he looked like a newborn deer getting his legs under him.

I like what I see in Willson's catching game, but I'm concerned that he is not bulky enough to play the blocking game.

No more injuries in pre-season please! (for any team).

Jerhawk

Reaction score
dukestar":1dgc71h8 said:
Let me guess. He caught the ball, was running downfield and was looking behind him to see who was catching him and ran into the goal post?
lol yes i can visualize this happening...

drdiags

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":1fxtggci said:
drdiags":1fxtggci said:

Guess it must be my reading skills because it sure seemed to flow from your posts on the player. My bad. Let me rephrase that to those who see this as a silver lining. Is that better or how would you phrase it?

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
HunnyBadger":3j9plbqb said:
his little dancing prance along the line of scrimmage while going into motion drove me nuts!...

I love his little dancing prance. I think it shows his agility, i just wish it made him run a little faster :mrgreen:
I really don't understand the folks who think McCoy cannot block. The dude is an above average blocker, don't believe me just check out some film. There's an excellent 1 hour vid out now...viewtopic.php?f=2&t=68692.

This sucks losing McCoy.

warden

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":9w6rwspk said:
drdiags":9w6rwspk said:

Personally I would rather kick the chit out of a fully healthy 49er team

SDHawk

Reaction score
Visanthe Schiancoe is probably waiting by his phone.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
The vast majority here expressed sympathy for the Crabtree injury. I'd wager that this fanbase was more sympathetic to it than other fanbases with less of a vested interest on the 49ers success/failure. Call it overcompensation or whatever, but I followed the Crabtree thread and was surprised at how little gloating was going on.

As for McCoy, though break obviously. He was responsible for some of the most memorable plays last year. The image of him dunking over the rain soaked crossbar against the Niners will forever be sketched in my brain. I think he'll be alright. He's a bonafide NFL talent.

Excited to see what Willson and Fells can do for us. They're two of the rookies that I'm highest on right now. Luckily, we won't live and die by two TE sets with the other weapons we have and can slowly integrate them if need be.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
I wouldn't sign anyone. Let Helfet and McGrath fight it out for the "blocking TE" role. This pretty much guarantees that Willson will make the team.