Anthony McCoy ruptured Achilles

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines

Happypuppy

Reaction score
@evansilva: #Seahawks TE Anthony McCoy's Achilles' tear opens door for athletic freak Luke Willson as the pass catcher behind Zach Miller.

Sounds like he tore it yesterday? Next man up !

Happypuppy

Reaction score
I wonder if the rookie can block ? We play a lot of 2 man sets.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
sc85sis":2zxkkt2n said:
Is Fells still around? He was dropped and then had a tryout at rookie minicamp. Only heard of two signings afterward and neither was him.

Yes he is back. A couple days ago he was added

Cartire

Reaction score
McCoy did really well in some big plays last year. But I think this is a small blessing in disguise. Give Luke a better shot to show what he has.

warden

Reaction score
It is the NFL, you have to be prepared to have the next guy fill in. Except for QB, an injury should have minimal effect. It is when you get multiple injuries at one position where you are doomed.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Happypuppy":2y5tuxyi said:
Sounds like he tore it yesterday? Next man up !

If I could have one wish it would be that people at .net would stop saying "next man up". Saying it after every injury has killed that saying and made it annoying. If Russell Wilson got injured, I can promise there would be "next man up" posts....ya right.

Anyways, I wasn't a McCoy fan anyways and wanted to see both Willson and Fells beat him out.

ivotuk

Reaction score
man that sucks, I think McCoy was just starting to come in to his own.

WTF is this tit for tat injury crap between us and SF? Are they going to have a DE with Plantar Fastidious and another with an ACL tear now? How about a 3rd string QB with a DUI? You're up SF, what's your play?

warden

Reaction score
It is the NFL, you have to be prepared to have the next guy fill in. Except for QB, an injury should have minimal effect. It is when you get multiple injuries at one position where you are doomed.

warden

Reaction score
Happypuppy":ae7saeu8 said:

With the addition of Harvin, I suspect the number of 2 TE sets we run to go down drastically

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Shittay! I for one was really encouraged by McCoy's apparent progress last year. He was seeing a ton of snaps. Lets hope Wilson or Fells or somebody is up to the task

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":un7jb9i9 said:
USChawk":un7jb9i9 said:
So you don't want a TE that has proven to be a good #2 for a basketball player and rookie?

That is crazy talk.

Last season most of the .net was certain that starting a 3rd round rookie over a "proven" vet was crazy talk. How did that work out? McCoy had 18 receptions last year, that is far from "proven to be good" status in my book. Im cool with relying on either of the two rookies for 1 reception per game. If Miller was to go down neither McCoy, Willson, or Fells would be able to replace that production. McCoy just isn't very good, go with the upside.

As I said when this first happened. We can replace the 1 reception per game he gave us.

Cartire

Reaction score
warden":1weyw3fw said:
Happypuppy":1weyw3fw said:

With the addition of Harvin, I suspect the number of 2 TE sets we run to go down drastically

True that. However, jumbo sets could still utilize harvin in the FB slot. Could have some pretty sweet PA plays that way.

Giedi

Reaction score
ivotuk":ogplguo6 said:
man that sucks, I think McCoy was just starting to come in to his own.

WTF is this tit for tat injury crap between us and SF? Are they going to have a DE with Plantar Fastidious and another with an ACL tear now? How about a 3rd string QB with a DUI? You're up SF, what's your play?
I think SF has their own injury issues. Justin and Aldon are still recovering, and their high round DE pick Tank Caraddine has some injury issues as well. I think it's normal off season. There are injuries offseason, some teams escape them some dont. Seattle will do fine. They have as much talent as any team in the NFL and problably more.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
Sean McGrath I think would be the logical fill in at this point

m0ng0

Reaction score
bummer, hope for a speedy and healthy recovery for McCoy. I guess that means we will get to see what Luke Willson and Fells have to offer.....next man up !