Anthony McCoy ruptured Achilles

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
hawk45":2tka8rqe said:
DavidSeven":2tka8rqe said:
If Willson lacks something in blocking, just run more formations with a FB and a single TE. We have depth there now assuming Ware can hack it. And then use Willson as primarily a receiving theat.

Doesn't seem like a huge concern, though I would've loved to have McCoy on the depth chart just in case.

This is where I'm at, even if this limits our 2 TE formations, Miller is good enough, and we have so much versatility with our run/pass/read-zone stuff, that we can afford to experiment with our second TE and still be crazy effective on offense.
If we come up with two Zack Millers, wouldn't that be someting? Before him, I can't recall when when we had a TE that could come off his block and catch (on the same snap) so well.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Losing Anthony McCoy sucks however the loss stings less when you have a guy like Percy Harvin taking significant snaps away from everyone.

McCoy's blocking can be replaced by Sean McGrath, who has similar athleticism and is very well-rounded in terms of blocking and catching... or if that doesn't fancy you, blocking TEs are dime a dozen... once teams start cutting players, Seahawks likely will find one that is worth something if none of their players step up.

McCoy's catching can probably be replaced by Luke Willson, its hard to predict a 5th round player to make an impact but the Seahawks are pretty high on his ability and they'll utilize his skillset while giving him an opportunity to make plays now that McCoy doesn't factor in the group. At the very least he has to be better than Eric Moore.

I'm not going to say anything on Darren Fells other than he has a long way to go.

chris98251

Reaction score
There are those that had said losing Crabtree would make our chances better, and so what tough luck for him, granted not in this thread but Softy was on the radio and harping himslef on how it was a good thing nd callers were chiming in saying who's gonna care a wins a win and 5 years from now nobodys gonna remember he was out for the season.

I was referenceing the quanity of fans that were in that type of mind set.

Yes I do beleieve in a sort of Karma, bad things happen to good people ll the time, but Karma has a way of balanceing the scales, maybe not right away but many times what you do comes back at a later time when you need something the most.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
dumbrabbit":1pme1238 said:
If I had to choose from the above list, I would go for Dallas Clark.

Can't block, old and injury prone. Wilson's potential > The little Clark has left.

kobebryant

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":172snii1 said:
McCoy is very replaceable. I hate to say that, but it isn't like he is a major cog in the offense. Good blocker and nice decoy to use with defenses thinking he was in to block, but we have options here.

He is replaceable, but whether we have that guy on the roster is yet to be determined. As you mentioned above, a benefit of McCoy's game was that having him in didn't tip the play call at all - seeing as he is a very good blocker and at least functional/adequate as a receiver. I am intrigued by Willson and McGrath, but it is TBD whether they should be on the field as run blockers, and this offense likes two TE sets.

I would have to give consideration to bringing David Thomas, Kevin Boss, Randy McMichael or Leonard Pope to camp just in case Willson/McGrath aren't up to the task.

Small issue though.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":ic6n9zet said:
NorthDallas40oz":ic6n9zet said:
Travis Beckum is someone I think the Hawks should bring in for a workout.

He's only 234, more of an H-Back.
Umm, I'm aware of that. And he's someone I think the Hawks should bring in for a workout.

nsport

Reaction score
I loved McCoy's swagger... that little hop step he does when in motion, and the high-stepping downfield after a reception... this guy brings "swagtangibles" to the team. Need a dictionary??