All Time - Career Passer Rating

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
SeaChase":352781el said:
You may want to wait until the end of his career before you start arguing about career QB ratings. Because your franchise QB is sitting at #18 with a rating of 60.7 for 2015. http://espn.go.com/nfl/qbr

QBR seems totally legit, I'm sure the Patriots would trade Tom Brady (8th in QBR) right now for Brian Hoyer (7th in QBR) and not think twice about it.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Did someone really use QBR? [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3f1ozrbk said:
SeaChase":3f1ozrbk said:
You may want to wait until the end of his career before you start arguing about career QB ratings. Because your franchise QB is sitting at #18 with a rating of 60.7 for 2015. http://espn.go.com/nfl/qbr

QBR seems totally legit, I'm sure the Patriots would trade Tom Brady (8th in QBR) right now for Brian Hoyer (7th in QBR) and not think twice about it.

Except you can do the exact same thing with the old school qb rating, and the Seahawks should definitely trade Russell Wilson for Tyrod Taylor because he's clearly inferior to him (11th versus 6th).

ESPN has been ridiculously shortsighted IMO in not releasing the QBR formula and I think arguments can certainly be made that it's inferior to other advanced metrics when evaluating QBs, but that it's inferior to the old qb rating fomula as a measure of what we actually care about (the effect of a QBs play on his team's outcome of winning or losing) is just not really a defensible argument.

SeaChase

Reaction score
I can really care less about QBR. I'm more about wins and losses. How are all those 4th quarter come backs working this year? Why do we need to come back in games? I questioned this for a while: when the Defense isn't as stellar, will the offense pick up the slack? Nope.

Ozzy

Reaction score
The over the top Wilson haters are just trolling at this point and its getting old. Seachase, seafan etc. Just stop you're embarrassing yourself. If you think Wilson is struggling this year then fine, that's valid. If you think he needs to play better that's valid too although give him some credit for last week, he was lights out. Calling him the most over paid player in Seahawk history and going out of your way to say he's terrible when objectively its a lot of factors playing in to our 5-5 record so far is ridiculous.

I love a debate and a difference of opinions but honestly at this point its hard to take you guys seriously.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Seafan":1d5moi7b said:
His agent doesn't want people looking at stats but wins and losses. Well, this season he's 5-5. No way has he earned his pay this year. He's simply the most overpaid QB in Seahawk history.

List of 1992 salaries:

. Dan Marino .. .. .. ..QB .. .. .. .. .. Miami .. .. .. $4,433,000

2. Warren Moon .. .. .. QB .. .. .. .. .. Houston .. .. $3,563,000

3. Joe Montana .. .. .. QB .. .. .. .. .. San Francisco .. $3,250,000

Rick Mirer, Seattle's first draft pick of 1993, earned 5 million per year.

Perspective.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
How many times can we run this "overpaid" crap into the ground?

Wilson isn't even top 10 in cap hits for QBs next year. He's $10 million to $11 million shy of Flacco and Brees. The other top 15 QB cap hits next year are either more than him or within $2 million. He only breaks the top 5 in 2018 when other contracts have expired, and I doubt he'll be at that point when those guys get re-signed.

Quarterbacks who don't suck cost a lot of money. A lot. It's market value. This team could pay someone like Derek Anderson or Josh McCown on the cheap.

SeaChase

Reaction score
austinslater25":1gtix6ky said:
The over the top Wilson haters are just trolling at this point and its getting old. Seachase, seafan etc. Just stop you're embarrassing yourself. If you think Wilson is struggling this year then fine, that's valid. If you think he needs to play better that's valid too although give him some credit for last week, he was lights out. Calling him the most over paid player in Seahawk history and going out of your way to say he's terrible when objectively its a lot of factors playing in to our 5-5 record so far is ridiculous.

I love a debate and a difference of opinions but honestly at this point its hard to take you guys seriously.

What's embarrassing about calling out your expensive franchise QB for crappy play? The truth? When the Defense isn't performing well, or the running game, you'd expect the franchise QB to step up. Wilson is paid like a top QB, expect criticism when he isn't performing like one.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
SeaChase":274cdaaw said:
austinslater25":274cdaaw said:

What's embarrassing about calling out your expensive franchise QB for crappy play? The truth? When the Defense isn't performing well, or the running game, you'd expect the franchise QB to step up. Wilson is paid like a top QB, expect criticism when he isn't performing like one.

Wilson is coming off a pretty good game: 24/29, 260 yards, 3 TDs, no INTs, and an additional 30 yards on the ground. There was a lot of interior pressure ceded, and he handled it well. Hopefully, he keeps it going. And hopefully, Bevell continues to run the ball and utilizes Graham more outside.

Wilson has only had one "crappy" game all year. Unfortunately, it came in the biggest game of the season thus far. We threw the ball way too much on first and second downs. Rawls carried the ball just two times for 19 yards. That is a mistake you have to hope Bevell does not repeat.

themunn

Reaction score
SeaChase":2byakt6b said:
I can really care less about QBR. I'm more about wins and losses. How are all those 4th quarter come backs working this year? Why do we need to come back in games? I questioned this for a while: when the Defense isn't as stellar, will the offense pick up the slack? Nope.

You'd take Teddy Bridgewater and his 8-6 TD-INT ratio over Wilson, Roethlisberger, Luck, Ryan and Brees?

And I guess it's a toss-up between him and Aaron Rodgers given their identical win loss ratio?

SeaChase

Reaction score
hawknation2015":3e5up1pv said:
SeaChase":3e5up1pv said:
austinslater25":3e5up1pv said:

Wilson is coming off a pretty good game: 24/29, 260 yards, 3 TDs, no INTs, and an additional 30 yards on the ground. There was a lot of interior pressure ceded, and he handled it well. Hopefully, he keeps it going. And hopefully, Bevell continues to run the ball and utilizes Graham more outside.

Wilson has only had one "crappy" game all year. Unfortunately, it came in the biggest game of the season thus far. We threw the ball way too much on first and second downs. Rawls carried the ball just two times for 19 yards. That is a mistake you have to hope Bevell does not repeat.

Rawls gave the offense a spark it desperately needed. Wilson had a pretty good game as well. The problem is that it was against then 9ers.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
SeaChase":2b70jsqd said:
hawknation2015":2b70jsqd said:
SeaChase":2b70jsqd said:
austinslater25":2b70jsqd said:

Rawls gave the offense a spark it desperately needed. Wilson had a pretty good game as well. The problem is that it was against then 9ers.

Every game Wilson has played this year, except one, has been pretty good. He had 90+ QB ratings against Carolina, Cincinnati, Green Bay, and St. Louis.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1ne3xj9s said:
SeaChase":1ne3xj9s said:

LOL when will people get it about QBR it is designed so that Mobile QBs are punished, QBs with crap olines are punished. Most importantly it is not an NFL stat so it I worthless

Anthony!

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2sko9z9g said:
Hasselbeck":2sko9z9g said:
SeaChase":2sko9z9g said:

Except you can do the exact same thing with the old school qb rating, and the Seahawks should definitely trade Russell Wilson for Tyrod Taylor because he's clearly inferior to him (11th versus 6th).

ESPN has been ridiculously shortsighted IMO in not releasing the QBR formula and I think arguments can certainly be made that it's inferior to other advanced metrics when evaluating QBs, but that it's inferior to the old qb rating fomula as a measure of what we actually care about (the effect of a QBs play on his team's outcome of winning or losing) is just not really a defensible argument.

yeah actually it is, it is not recognized by the NFL so there for it is worthless, in addition if you do not know the formula it cannot be taken seriously add to that they have said people assign importance of each play in their ranking, well that means it is now subjective and there for not a stats but an opinion

Anthony!

Reaction score
SeaChase":x9mjylq6 said:
austinslater25":x9mjylq6 said:

Dude stop, there is a difference between calling someone out for play and out and out hating, like you and others. FYI he is not paid like a top Qb yet that is next season this year his cap hit is 7 mil and his salary is 700k. Add to that as anyone with any intelligence knows every TOP QB needs help. Up until this past week he got very little. FYI he played very very well this past week yet you are still just B|tching about everything. To be honest this post is why we are considered one of the worst fan bases, to many fair weather, what have you done for me lately hater fans. I have said he has not been playing well, the only difference is anyone with any intelligence knows it is not just him. Here you go even though I know it will mean nothing to you because you just want to hate. Aaron Rodgers the best QB in the league has been playing bad, and why his oline went to heck and he had no run game, Guess what last week his oline played better and he had a run game and he played better. Every QB needs him no QB does it by themselves. I do expect criticism when is not playing well but intelligent criticism not unintelligent, hater aid crap like this. Were is your criticism of the oline? were is your criticism of the run game, of the Wr, of the OC, of the DC of the defense. No were to be found, why because you want to pin it all on Wilson. to be honest posts like this and posters like this are embarrassment to Seattle and the Hawks.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1o9vg4ac said:
Hasselbeck":1o9vg4ac said:
SeaChase":1o9vg4ac said:

In what conceivable way do you consider QBR* (ESPN crap) better than tried and tested QB rating?

Tom Brady has had an objectively great season. The fact that he is ranked below Brian Hoyer in QBR exposes the basic flaw in this absurd QBR statistic. Hoyer is completing less than 60% of his passes for Houston. But Houston has had more close games; therefore, Brian Hoyer is having a better season, according to QBR?

Wilson has had an average season for him, while Tyrod Taylor has played well in about seven games before getting hurt. Your comparison is facile.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
What those numbers tell me is Wilson is a good QB something we already new . Now if you were to change that stat to a different metric say yards per game or TD's per game , 3rd down efficiency, comp% vs blitz, sacks his numbers drop.

SeaChase

Reaction score
Anthony!":84t0r7ju said:
SeaChase":84t0r7ju said:
austinslater25":84t0r7ju said:

Dude stop, there is a difference between calling someone out for play and out and out hating, like you and others. FYI he is not paid like a top Qb yet that is next season this year his cap hit is 7 mil and his salary is 700k. Add to that as anyone with any intelligence knows every TOP QB needs help. Up until this past week he got very little. FYI he played very very well this past week yet you are still just B|tching about everything. To be honest this post is why we are considered one of the worst fan bases, to many fair weather, what have you done for me lately hater fans. I have said he has not been playing well, the only difference is anyone with any intelligence knows it is not just him. Here you go even though I know it will mean nothing to you because you just want to hate. Aaron Rodgers the best QB in the league has been playing bad, and why his oline went to heck and he had no run game, Guess what last week his oline played better and he had a run game and he played better. Every QB needs him no QB does it by themselves. I do expect criticism when is not playing well but intelligent criticism not unintelligent, hater aid crap like this. Were is your criticism of the oline? were is your criticism of the run game, of the Wr, of the OC, of the DC of the defense. No were to be found, why because you want to pin it all on Wilson. to be honest posts like this and posters like this are embarrassment to Seattle and the Hawks.

It's hard to decipher whatever it is that you are trying to say here. Sounds like a bunch of insults coming from the best of the Hawks fan base - or should I say Wilsons.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
The only reason 49er fans (i.e. Popeye) like QBR is because they used to have a great offensive line that prevented Kaepernick from being pressured. When Kaepernick wasn't pressured, he wasn't sacked, and therefore his QBR was higher than his actual QB rating, even though he was objectively much worse at eluding pressure than Wilson. ESPN has no idea what they are doing with this QBR nonsense.

Anthony!

Reaction score
SeaChase":ks54v2au said:
Anthony!":ks54v2au said:
SeaChase":ks54v2au said:
austinslater25":ks54v2au said:

It's hard to decipher whatever it is that you are trying to say here. Sounds like a bunch of insults coming from the best of the Hawks fan base - or should I say Wilsons.

ahh yes when you have no reply just try to ignore the facts. In other words you know your wrong but will not admit it, go it thanks.