OP
OP
Laloosh

Laloosh

Reaction score
rideaducati":3v4eewu9 said:
Laloosh":3v4eewu9 said:
rideaducati":3v4eewu9 said:
I would like to see Kearse highlighted for an entire game. There are people here that think he is actually pretty good and get upset when others express their frustrations with him. They point out the two times in a game where he almost gets open and Russ throws him the ball as their "evidence" that he is good. I think you like Kearse, so if you do this, I expect to see mostly good plays, but I think you should take the time to actually watch what Kearse does for an entire game...you'll be disappointed in him too.

Is that directed at me? If so, feel free to tell me why you think this is the case.

I don't pay attention to the name on the posts that get upset about my dislike of Kearse. I have been targeted by a mod for my dislike of Kearse and I just ASSUMED, maybe incorrectly, that you liked Kearse. If I am incorrect, please to an all 22 view of Kearse for Kearse-lovers to respond to. I would LOVE to see their reactions.

Sorry, not an errand boy here to serve anyone's agenda. Looking for ideas to make the threads interesting.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Laloosh":5mn6c8la said:
rideaducati":5mn6c8la said:
Laloosh":5mn6c8la said:
rideaducati":5mn6c8la said:
I would like to see Kearse highlighted for an entire game. There are people here that think he is actually pretty good and get upset when others express their frustrations with him. They point out the two times in a game where he almost gets open and Russ throws him the ball as their "evidence" that he is good. I think you like Kearse, so if you do this, I expect to see mostly good plays, but I think you should take the time to actually watch what Kearse does for an entire game...you'll be disappointed in him too.

Is that directed at me? If so, feel free to tell me why you think this is the case.

I don't pay attention to the name on the posts that get upset about my dislike of Kearse. I have been targeted by a mod for my dislike of Kearse and I just ASSUMED, maybe incorrectly, that you liked Kearse. If I am incorrect, please to an all 22 view of Kearse for Kearse-lovers to respond to. I would LOVE to see their reactions.

Sorry, not an errand boy here to serve anyone's agenda. Looking for ideas to make the threads interesting.

You asked, I answered. If you don't want to run errands, don't offer to run errands.

I think it would be interesting to see a close look at the receivers and since Kearse seems to be the most polarizing receiver on the team, the interest would be there.

OP
OP
Laloosh

Laloosh

Reaction score
rideaducati":mvi3ah3h said:
You asked, I answered. If you don't want to run errands, don't offer to run errands.

I think it would be interesting to see a close look at the receivers and since Kearse seems to be the most polarizing receiver on the team, the interest would be there.

Had you worded your other post like this one, I wouldn't have responded like I did.

You made a claim about me and then made an assumption about what I'd show. I've made a point to show the good and the bad in the stuff that I do so It's a little off-putting, yes, when someone makes a claim like that, hence my response.

mrt144

Reaction score
rideaducati":1utveqpq said:

It's only 99 bucks to get the Gamepass, you should totally look into it.

jdemps

Reaction score
SF bay area, shaping young minds with a tinge of H
rideaducati":3q4d3mzu said:

:pukeface:

Anyway...

Loosh, I keep hearing how Britt turned the corner with his run blocking this game. The eye test said Lynch had a higher percentage of successful running plays early on. I'd like to see some all 22 of the run game so I can try to get more excited about the run game picking up after the bye.

Please and thanks. :th2thumbs:

Hawks46

Reaction score
Laloosh":2hjehz01 said:
Scottemojo":2hjehz01 said:
Tical21":2hjehz01 said:
I'd ask to continue with the passing game, but sometimes that can be outright depressing.

Have we been able to draw any conclusions so far as to who gets the biggest piece of the blame pie in terms of our periods of ineffectiveness with the passing game? Or is it sometimes the line, sometimes the receivers, sometimes Russell, and sometimes Bevell? Who would you assign the biggest piece of the pie to?

I'm still fascinated by the decisions we make in the passing game based on what we see or don't see pre-snap.
Last week the failure was an insistence on running into 8 or 9 run stoppers.

Hey Scotte, just looking at the first half so far, looks like Dallas had 8 or 9 in the box on 15/27 plays. Three or four of those that they weren't are from the final drive in the second quarter where DAL was playing prevent with 1:27 on the clock and Seattle having to go 80 yards.

We ran the ball 7 times with 8 or 9 in the box with about 3 of those being successful.

Haven't made it to the 2nd half yet but Dallas definitely sold out to stop the run. It's a shame we couldn't exploit it but it does explain why Lynch only had 9 carries in the 1st half. Maybe Pete saw the carry count and told Bevell to "run the damn ball" in the 2nd half? I don't know but it's pretty obvious that Pete wants to see a certain number of carries for Lynch.

I'm still curious if Wilson sees a 9 man front and they have a run play, or an obvious run blitz right where they are running, if he has the latitude to be able to change the play.

We force way too many plays. The bright side is that if we can run on an 8 or 9 man box, there's not much a defense can do about it. Then they have to start run blitzing and creeping up on the line. That's when you kill them over the top. So it's encouraging that we've had some success against stacked boxes. If we could be more consistent in the passing game, we could afford to pound it in there a bit more and still keep the offense on the field.

ringless

Reaction score
I like the idea of seeing upcoming opponents :lol:

So we can see what some of their strengths and weaknesses are. If possible since it's a bye I'd be really interested in seeing if you'd be able to take a gander at the Cards offense and how Seattle will likely exploit it, and what they might struggle with.

I know's that asking a ton. So maybe you just do whatever you feel like. But I do think it'd be cool to see matchups of your future opponents.

OP
OP
Laloosh

Laloosh

Reaction score
ringless":10dvnypo said:
I like the idea of seeing upcoming opponents :lol:

So we can see what some of their strengths and weaknesses are. If possible since it's a bye I'd be really interested in seeing if you'd be able to take a gander at the Cards offense and how Seattle will likely exploit it, and what they might struggle with.

I know's that asking a ton. So maybe you just do whatever you feel like. But I do think it'd be cool to see matchups of your future opponents.

Kind of like this one. Not sure how effective I'll be at it, but might be worth putting some time into. Even if I do an entire thread on something else, I will try to get to this since it's a bye.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Laloosh":g7xlbd5i said:
rideaducati":g7xlbd5i said:

Had you worded your other post like this one, I wouldn't have responded like I did.

You made a claim about me and then made an assumption about what I'd show. I've made a point to show the good and the bad in the stuff that I do so It's a little off-putting, yes, when someone makes a claim like that, hence my response.

I apologize.

I got flack from a mod and another poster for my criticisms of Kearse. The other poster used your name and said he would believe it when Laloosh told him, so I was just hoping you'd look into it and show how one side was wrong.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
rideaducati":251ugy4b said:
I'd be all for that because I think we score more points when we target Kearse more often. I'd like to know if it makes any difference what Kearse does, what opponent defenses do about Kearse, if we target him more because we can or because we try.

Tical21

Reaction score
Scottemojo":28q14hjk said:
Tical21":28q14hjk said:
I'd ask to continue with the passing game, but sometimes that can be outright depressing.

Have we been able to draw any conclusions so far as to who gets the biggest piece of the blame pie in terms of our periods of ineffectiveness with the passing game? Or is it sometimes the line, sometimes the receivers, sometimes Russell, and sometimes Bevell? Who would you assign the biggest piece of the pie to?

I'm still fascinated by the decisions we make in the passing game based on what we see or don't see pre-snap.
That's awesome!! However, I don't blame that on Bevell at all. When we don't run it enough, we lose, period. We've tried leaning on the pass before, and that typically leads to us running about 50 plays, wearing out our defense, and losing the game. Then this place gets flooded with people calling out Bevell for not running the ball enough. Until we can beat man coverage and complete more plays down the field, we're not going to beat anybody with our passing game, regardless of what the defense does. We tried to go max protect a few times and dial up some shots and it just didn't work out. We need Allen Robinson really really badly. Someone who can get an intermediate ball against man, bust a tackle, and make a big play.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":1c8pnxxn said:
I'd like to see the plays where Russell scrambles or is sacked, to look at when the routes break and if there was something he should have pulled the trigger on before he took off.

EWA":1c8pnxxn said:
It would be fun to compare similar plays and formations run by other teams.

Or how about taking the broken down plays and comparing to the same plays when we ran them successfully. That would be interesting I think. Might be the quickest way to determine what went wrong, no?

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Tical21":351962tp said:
Scottemojo":351962tp said:
Tical21":351962tp said:

That's awesome!! However, I don't blame that on Bevell at all. When we don't run it enough, we lose, period. We've tried leaning on the pass before, and that typically leads to us running about 50 plays, wearing out our defense, and losing the game. Then this place gets flooded with people calling out Bevell for not running the ball enough. Until we can beat man coverage and complete more plays down the field, we're not going to beat anybody with our passing game, regardless of what the defense does. We tried to go max protect a few times and dial up some shots and it just didn't work out. We need Allen Robinson really really badly. Someone who can get an intermediate ball against man, bust a tackle, and make a big play.

It was the same strategy Dallas employed last year when they beat us in our house. Loaded the box and manned up our receivers. We asked Russell to beat a very exploitable defensive coverage, and he had arguably his worst game as a pro.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1zkg78ic said:
Tical21":1zkg78ic said:
Scottemojo":1zkg78ic said:
Tical21":1zkg78ic said:

It was the same strategy Dallas employed last year when they beat us in our house. Loaded the box and manned up our receivers. We asked Russell to beat a very exploitable defensive coverage, and he had arguably his worst game as a pro.
I seem to remember that game more for it being the last ditch effort to get Percy touches with trade talks in the works.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
That was a huge problem. I think our other receivers Code Red'ed Percy on blocking assignments and then he quit.

But Russ missed everything downfield in that game too.

mrt144

Reaction score
Shane Falco":2z8o2dd1 said:
AbsolutNET":2z8o2dd1 said:
I'd like to see the plays where Russell scrambles or is sacked, to look at when the routes break and if there was something he should have pulled the trigger on before he took off.

EWA":2z8o2dd1 said:
It would be fun to compare similar plays and formations run by other teams.

Or how about taking the broken down plays and comparing to the same plays when we ran them successfully. That would be interesting I think. Might be the quickest way to determine what went wrong, no?

This would require a bit of indexing that we don't quite have access to within the All-22 search function.

(Or exhaustive work by a cabal of people with All-22 who index plays into a database with criteria to describe the play)

rideaducati

Reaction score
mrt144":1p8apcv1 said:
rideaducati":1p8apcv1 said:

It's only 99 bucks to get the Gamepass, you should totally look into it.

If you have it, you paid $40 more than I did for it. I guess they give discounts to people that have had if for a few years. I wish DirecTV would do that for Sunday Ticket. New customers getting the free stuff while the repeat customers have to pay full price is garbage.