Admit it, Geno played like crap

Ozzy

Reaction score
Basically the polar opposite of Russ, temperament wise. It's refreshing sometimes, but yeah, he probably needs to reel it in a bit.
We're in a unique position to draft a blue chip prospect at the QB position. Geno Smith is not giving me 30-40 mil a year type of vibes. He's not a bad QB, but he's gotten away with a lot of turnover worthy throws and he's constantly slinging the ball into tight windows.

I have not seen that he's not the type of QB that elevates his team. He's very much so a go as the wind blows sort of guy. I think he's a cross between a Fitzpatrick and Alex Smith sort of QB. I have not looked at any of the QB's yet so I cannot give a definitive answer.

My thought is pretty much this: if they see a QB they like they should probably re-sign somebody like Lock and let Smith walk and draft the rookie to compete with Lock for the starting spot in 2023.

If they don't have anyone they really love, maybe just roll with Smith again.
Good post. Geno has been a pleasant surprise and for the right price can bridge a rookie too if needed. He’s good enough that you don’t have to force a QB early and if John doesn’t love any of the guys there then go defense for sure. But I can’t imagine passing on a potential elite franchise changing guy if you think he’s there

beaumaris

Reaction score
We're in a unique position to draft a blue chip prospect at the QB position. Geno Smith is not giving me 30-40 mil a year type of vibes. He's not a bad QB, but he's gotten away with a lot of turnover worthy throws and he's constantly slinging the ball into tight windows.

I have not seen that he's not the type of QB that elevates his team. He's very much so a go as the wind blows sort of guy. I think he's a cross between a Fitzpatrick and Alex Smith sort of QB. I have not looked at any of the QB's yet so I cannot give a definitive answer.

My thought is pretty much this: if they see a QB they like they should probably re-sign somebody like Lock and let Smith walk and draft the rookie to compete with Lock for the starting spot in 2023.

If they don't have anyone they really love, maybe just roll with Smith again.
That makes too much sense bud.

nsport

Reaction score
I don't think there's any secret in this forum about how I feel about the guy. Don't extend. He's not starting caliber. .500 QB at best. Avg QB at best. But as we can all plainly see how, he does not have the ability to make a real difference in games.

It's ok to expect more from your Starting QB in the NFL, Geno Lovers. 🤣

projectorfreak

Reaction score
Remember when we used to tackle by doing this thing where we stopped some guy with a ball in his hands like 1st try right away and blew up screens left n right and hawk tackling was something people from other teams wanted to emulate
It's almost as if we've gone as far away from the basics as much as humanly possible
I remember when clowney just demoralized the 9ers and after the game pete said we just turned em loose
Are the coaches giving them so many responsibilities that they can't do em all and succeed on the DL and why can't anyone seem to emerge as a great tackler
We used to have a bunch of those

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Throwing the ball at the last second to fish for roughing the passer penalties(did this 3 or 4 times), constant complaining to the refs. Just play the game; who gives a crap about the refs.

This is what you saw watching the game last night?

He was throwing the ball at the last second because his line was being destroyed by the best front seven in the NFL and his WR's were being press covered and had a very hard time getting open.

I'll admit, over the past couple weeks I've been disappointed in some of Geno's risky and panicked decision making while under duress and behind in games pressing.

That's DEFINITELY something I'd be wary of moving forward on any contract talks. Certainly not handing him a blockbuster 35M+ long term deal.

But for a team with a dozen problems and roster holes? Geno's the least of our worries, and that's good news. Dude can still run an offense and is a top 10-12 NFL QB when he has a supporting running game and a defense that doesn't put him in double digit holes in the first half.

Donn2390

Reaction score
I don't think there's any secret in this forum about how I feel about the guy. Don't extend. He's not starting caliber. .500 QB at best. Avg QB at best. But as we can all plainly see how, he does not have the ability to make a real difference in games.

It's ok to expect more from your Starting QB in the NFL, Geno Lovers. 🤣
You need to watch a Seahawk game some time when Geno is playing, you're missing a lot..

Latest posts