Admit it, Geno played like crap

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Geno should have had several more INTs this game. He’s not playing good football and he’s making some reckless throws.

One thing I notice about Geno is when the team is dealt a blow, he has a hard time handling adversity. He starts trying to over compensate.

I don’t think he’s the future.

Seak

Reaction score
Geno should have had several more INTs this game. He’s not playing good football and he’s making some reckless throws.

One thing I notice about Geno is when the team is dealt a blow, he has a hard time handling adversity. He starts trying to over compensate.

Its weird man, seems like a lot of throws to the outside are just begging to be picked off
Even my Gf was screaming about lol

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I said that tonight to my son. He is constantly doing it. I think we were spoiled by Russ because that was something he never did and maybe it makes it appear worse than it is but I’ve been noticing it

Russ just gets yelled at by his own dudes now. Geno looks more angry than pouty.

OLYhawks

Reaction score
The reason I believe Geno wasn't the issue is because the team as a whole isn't feared.

It starts with the defense.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score

Did you see the pass rush he was under? Did you watch the same game I just did?

BChawkfan

Reaction score
I'll take 200 yards and 70% completions against the best defense in the league. Geno did his part. Turnovers killed us.
Mediocre is all he was/is
I feel he could have played much better.

u0087966

Reaction score

Who's the future then? You want a QB in the draft line with the 1st pick like Bryce or CJ? 17th pick for Will Levis? 2nd round for AR15?

Free agent? Trade?

evergreen

Reaction score
I agree he could have lessened the damage if he gave up early enough and got rid of the ball. But those guys were in there in under two seconds almost every play until the 4th quarter at least. That team is loaded. Who knows if Diggs catches that pass? Or Homer doesn’t cough it up. Geno got lucky on that roughing call. Maybe it was the make up call for getting tackled out of bounds earlier.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
He played a very good D that was getting pressure. I don't think he played bad or especially well. I don't like how he is constantly complaining/yelling/upset after a LOT of plays. He needs to have more composure and focus on whats ahead not on what happened.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
He played a very good D that was getting pressure. I don't think he played bad or especially well. I don't like how he is constantly complaining/yelling/upset after a LOT of plays. He needs to have more composure and focus on whats ahead not on what happened.
Basically the polar opposite of Russ, temperament wise. It's refreshing sometimes, but yeah, he probably needs to reel it in a bit.

mrblitz

Reaction score
the only super bowl we ever won, was with a team that had its qb on a rookie contract. paying smith $30 million would be crazy. if smith wants to come back for the veteran minimum, that could work.

lock needs a chance. at this point they should start lock to see what they've got. well maybe if they lose one more. but lock needs to see some action so they can see what they have; how lock plays within waldron's system.

TwilightError

Reaction score
But this loss is on the whole team. No one played well. Our linebackers are absolutely terrible including first round pick Brooks another bad defensive early pick.
Yeah. And we picked Brooks right before Patrick Queen 🤦‍♂️

I agree about Geno. I have been waiting for him to convince me that we don’t need to pick a QB early. I’m still waiting.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
I don't put any of this on Geno. That interior line is garbage, rookies got schooled at tackle as well.

In an alternate universe, Diggs picks that pass and houses it and the game is much different.

The D line, is doo doo.

seabowl

Reaction score
As I stated several weeks ago, do you know is Ryan Fitzpatrick. He’s a serviceable guy that can distribute the ball, but he can’t carry a team on his back. Teams with those guys unless you have a stellar Defense don’t win championships.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Who's the future then? You want a QB in the draft line with the 1st pick like Bryce or CJ? 17th pick for Will Levis? 2nd round for AR15?

Free agent? Trade?
We're in a unique position to draft a blue chip prospect at the QB position. Geno Smith is not giving me 30-40 mil a year type of vibes. He's not a bad QB, but he's gotten away with a lot of turnover worthy throws and he's constantly slinging the ball into tight windows.

I have not seen that he's not the type of QB that elevates his team. He's very much so a go as the wind blows sort of guy. I think he's a cross between a Fitzpatrick and Alex Smith sort of QB. I have not looked at any of the QB's yet so I cannot give a definitive answer.

My thought is pretty much this: if they see a QB they like they should probably re-sign somebody like Lock and let Smith walk and draft the rookie to compete with Lock for the starting spot in 2023.

If they don't have anyone they really love, maybe just roll with Smith again.

seahawks08

Reaction score
Geno got pass heavy when he had so much success and he built tendencies to hold one a little bit or bail quickly. That’s what good defenses do by messing with your clock. Either we had protection issues or by the time we fixed them, Geno didn’t establish his flow. It’s part Geno and part play calling. Yes 3 picks would have been a nightmare, Geno got lucky but we have to support and establish runs. Geno being comfortable bails on the run too quickly.

Latest posts