A Bet on the Seahawks vs. Saints for RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
He said it has to be officially licensed by the NFL. If we lose and there are any errors on the cap, the bet's off. I'm way too much of a grammar Nazi to wear a cap with "Saints" misspelled on it, or some garbage like that.

The Radish

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3n484hp3 said:
He said it has to be officially licensed by the NFL. If we lose and there are any errors on the cap, the bet's off. I'm way too much of a grammar Nazi to wear a cap with "Saints" misspelled on it, or some garbage like that.

Let me get this straight. If the Saints win Roland has to buy Guido an entire new Saints oufit? And get banned from Seahawks.net for 37 years beginning in 2002.

Is that it?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
The Radish":31ff7ncj said:
Let me get this straight. If the Saints win Roland has to buy Guido an entire new Saints oufit? And get banned from Seahawks.net for 37 years beginning in 2002.

Is that it?
You wish. Jerk. :) If the Saints win, Guido buys me a Saints hat, and I have to wear it for the Super Bowl, and post a pic as proof.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
If I could be so bold... regarding the hat...

Makes more sense to me if the loser has to buy the hat... and afterwards, ship it to the winner to keep.

Why burden the winner with buying the hat and having to ship it to the loser?... and what's the loser going to do with the hat after the SB?... destroy it?... put it on the mantle? The hat should reside with the winner of the bet. It's his team.

In summary, the burden of buying the hat and shipping it should be on the loser... not the winner.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I'm fine with that proposed change if Guido is, but I'm also fine either way. Guido's idea, he can make the decisions. I think he's thinking that the winner won't mind buying it at all because they will be moving on to the NFC Championship Game, and that happiness trumps all. :)

OP
OP
AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
tdigitee":xwmjgs9n said:
RolandDeschain":xwmjgs9n said:
Guido: Congrats on an original and worthy wager, haha. I accept. Can anybody think of any details that need to be clarified beforehand? Also, does the pic have to be taken WHILE the Super Bowl is being played, or can the pic be taken during the pregame show prior to the start of it?

Excellent idea, Guido. I think the pic needs to be taken during the actual play of the SB. Also, Roland, because I am a fellow champion of proper English usage, you may want to establish whether the hat is allowed to contain grammatical/spelling errors. I shudder to think what might happen to you if Guido purposefully sent you a cap emblazoned with "NEW ORLEANS SAINT'S" or "SAINTS, THEIR CHAMPS AGAIN"

That is why I stated it needs to be an NFL sanctioned cap. The NFL would not allow anything like that in production.

OP
OP
AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":14ddapiy said:
I'm fine with that proposed change if Guido is, but I'm also fine either way. Guido's idea, he can make the decisions. I think he's thinking that the winner won't mind buying it at all because they will be moving on to the NFC Championship Game, and that happiness trumps all. :)

Exactly! That was my thought. If the Saints come out on top I will gladly purchase a new quality cap, unless one of my vintage caps would fit you, and I would ship it out first thing Monday.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Guido - does the pic have to be taken during the actual Super Bowl, or does the pregame show before it work?

The Radish

Reaction score
AsylumGuido":3f7gy5a5 said:
RolandDeschain":3f7gy5a5 said:

Exactly! That was my thought. If the Saints come out on top I will gladly purchase a new quality cap, unless one of my vintage caps would fit you, and I would ship it out first thing Monday.

Guido he has a pin head so most any hat will fit with the use of a stapler.

:D

LargentFan

Reaction score
I know it's a game between the saints and hawks, but I think I am correct in saying that if you truly want to make the bet sting, buy a 49ers hat if the saints win.

sam1313

Reaction score
LargentFan":3pgbxgv7 said:
I know it's a game between the saints and hawks, but I think I am correct in saying that if you truly want to make the bet sting, buy a 49ers hat if the saints win.

Ouch!!! I mean wow, that is a mean spirited proposal....

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Psh, I already know about how to make a bet sting. Remember, I'm the one that lost that bet with a coworker for the Seahawks @ Packers playoff game like six years ago...I had to wear full facial make-up all day at work and pay for Olive Garden while wearing it.

tdigitee

Reaction score
AsylumGuido":3nweyo8g said:
tdigitee":3nweyo8g said:
Excellent idea, Guido. I think the pic needs to be taken during the actual play of the SB. Also, Roland, because I am a fellow champion of proper English usage, you may want to establish whether the hat is allowed to contain grammatical/spelling errors. I shudder to think what might happen to you if Guido purposefully sent you a cap emblazoned with "NEW ORLEANS SAINT'S" or "SAINTS, THEIR CHAMPS AGAIN"

That is why I stated it needs to be an NFL sanctioned cap. The NFL would not allow anything like that in production.

Sure, I got that, but what I was trying to suggest was that there was nothing in the original bet stipulating that said sanctioned cap could not be slightly altered (via a well-placed apostrophe or something affixed) yet still be "presentable". Just trying to close a possible loophole that might tweak Roland more than the Apple hat (!), but I think he clearly defined his position regarding said grammatical shenanigans.

GhostFromThePast

Reaction score
A question for Roland...

Why would anyone trust you on your honor in a bet of this type when you have clearly reneged on your bet with AvengerRam?