Random Thoughts™ on the Saints game

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
Russell Wilson was the top rusher for the game, not just Seattle. What a stud.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Amazing game. The one negative I took away was the penalties. I mean good lord, that was brutal. It felt like we must have had 150+ penalty yards. Gotta clean that up.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Is it just me or does our D-Line get held very often especially Clemons.

On one play I saw Clemons get hooked around the his neck and taken out of the play. No Flag.

On another I saw Avril get hand checked right in the face as he tried to turn a corner.No Flag.

But I won't complain too much the Refs were letting them play for the most part, which will always fall into the Seahawks favor.

I also saw why Saints O-Line doesn't allow many sacks and why they are one of the best in the biz at protecting the QB... they probably have some of the best chemistry in combination blocks I've seen.

The one play where Bennett circles all the way out and then bullies his way past his blocker only to get pancaked by a 2nd blocker who had the awareness to turn around. Color me impressed.

Overall, our D-Line handled a great O-Line pretty well today. With the help of the 12's ofcourse.

Also, I thought Irvin played Great, its just everyone around him was playing Lights Out.

akscoundrel

Reaction score
A random comment that I didn't want to create a thread on;

A great win, but I'm looking for another dominating statement win next week. Right now the talk is Seattle is a great team....at home. On the road, an average team that can be beat.

What I want them to be saying next week is; we are a great team PERIOD. That they dont want to play us period, not just at home, but anywhere.

I still feel like we are being shafted our due credit.

mikeak

Reaction score
"-We can all stop bickering about Harvin now. If you remember back, there were a lot of us here who didn't even think we needed him to win a championship. That's nothing against Harvin, but unless that one player is Russell Wilson, Marshawn Lynch, or Earl Thomas, one person is just a drop in the bucket with this team. "

Not to turn the thread away from the key points but I don't think the bickering will stop. The $11milion per year is unfortunately an issue.

Thanks for posting your thoughts - always appreciated

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Scottemojo":171vuu2g said:
Hochuli may be old, but the man tries to be fair. I respect that.
This is why I love Hochuli, even when he screws us or any other team. It's obvious that he cares more about being bias-free than any other head official in the league.

@Kearly: Great points, as always. Hopefully we'll see you do them for the playoff games? :)

Scottemojo

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1w5lpzci said:
Scottemojo":1w5lpzci said:
This is why I love Hochuli, even when he screws us or any other team. It's obvious that he cares more about being bias-free than any other head official in the league.

@Kearly: Great points, as always. Hopefully we'll see you do them for the playoff games? :)
And, that buff old man could kick my ass. respeck!

gargantual

Reaction score
And the cherry on top for this glorious night....Random Thoughts™!

Wow. I think I've come to the conclusion now that this is the best team that we have ever fielded. I'm even starting to think it may be the best defense ever as well (sorry Mr. Easley, Green et al.).

KJ Wright was looking amazing tonight, but I wondered on that redzone pass defense....could that have been called as PI? (The one where the announcers said something about "A linebacker playing coverage!" or something to that effect). He wasn't looking at the ball as it came towards them and that's what they always say is the defining aspect of a pass interference call. Of course the stream I was watching was spotty throughout the game, so maybe I saw it wrong?

Anyhoo, just a completely satisfying game. Can't wait to kick the Whiners around their own field next week! :devil:

gargantual

Reaction score
Scottemojo":35cor8gk said:
RolandDeschain":35cor8gk said:
Scottemojo":35cor8gk said:

And, that buff old man could kick my ass. respeck!

Heh! He could probably kick ALL of our asses.......all at the same time.

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
Another gem I kept forgetting to include.

Watch the highlight of Bennett's fumble-catch TD. Jeremy Lane lays a MONSTER block, without it it's probably Seattle ball on the 10 or 15 yard line. I don't know how good of a corner Lane is, but he's damn awesome at everything else.

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
mikeak":25iaad3n said:
Not to turn the thread away from the key points but I don't think the bickering will stop. The $11milion per year is unfortunately an issue.
:2:

As fans of the SB favorite, and maybe a dynasty franchise in the making, I think it's okay to let one little detail go. We're talking about less than 10% of payroll, for a player that was injured through luck, not fault. Further, when he comes back, I guarantee that nobody will be bringing up the price then. And I say this as someone who was iffy on the trade on day one because of the price and the unusually strong late 1st round talent pool. But it's a sunk cost now, I have learned to enjoy what I have.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Mikeak,

I think Harvin was to push the threshold on our play-making ability. But that's not just it either.

1. They were playing keep away from the 49ers, which was big if Harvin's injury didn't pre-exist prior to coming here.

2. Golden Tate isnt always a sure thing to stay and he's awesome but not franchise tag awesome. If Tate is going to be asking for 8 mil per, I think I'd take Harvin at 11 per nine times out of ten. And that 1 time is just questioning if Harvin can maintain his health in the future.

3. When Marshawn Lynch is done, Seahawks are going to need someone to pass the buck to that can burden the offense along with Wilson. Harvin is a swiss army knife of play-making ability. Teams will have to respect that, like they fear Lynch. Michael can become many things in the future, but Lynch is one of a kind, EVER.

mikeak

Reaction score
Kearly - normally I have to explain the sunk cost concept to those around me! Thanks for the reminder

Pandion. Good and fair points. I did like the trade and was fine with the draft picks it cost. Just didn't like that last part but you make valid points

Oh well we won and are watching an elite team - it is a lot of fun

General Manager

Reaction score
This was total domination . Seattle outplayed them in every way possible. I expected a Seattle win we are the best team in the NFL and they proved it tonight. I had no worries about Maxwell and Lane I've seen enough to know they can start in this league.

Fuzzman55

Reaction score
We got a lot of single coverage deep, so the Saints might have been in nickle but they were also selling out at the line of scrimmage. It's that old pick your poison thing, and if Wilson keeps playing at this level our offense is going to go on a tear.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":wk30l6m1 said:
Mikeak,

I think Harvin was to push the threshold on our play-making ability. But that's not just it either.

1. They were playing keep away from the 49ers, which was big if Harvin's injury didn't pre-exist prior to coming here.

2. Golden Tate isnt always a sure thing to stay and he's awesome but not franchise tag awesome. If Tate is going to be asking for 8 mil per, I think I'd take Harvin at 11 per nine times out of ten. And that 1 time is just questioning if Harvin can maintain his health in the future.

3. When Marshawn Lynch is done, Seahawks are going to need someone to pass the buck to that can burden the offense along with Wilson. Harvin is a swiss army knife of play-making ability. Teams will have to respect that, like they fear Lynch. Michael can become many things in the future, but Lynch is one of a kind, EVER.

"When Marshawn Lynch is done, Seahawks are going to need (Harvin) to pass the buck to that can burden the offense along with Wilson".

Yeah unlike the fragile Golden Tate, Harvin is uber-durable. Just comes to work, giving his best week in and week out, at camp, at practice and on the football field. Tate is all about Tate. Harvin ?...more the team player.

Percy Harvin is every Coach's dream and you can bet Wilson and the rest of Tate's 11-1 teammates will sure be glad to see Tate's sorry ass kicked to the curb! Piss off Golden Tate...'cuz here comes Percy Harvin.

Now THAT'S how you build a dynasty.