A Bet on the Seahawks vs. Saints for RolandDeschain

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
I have been thinking and have come up with the idea of a reverse bet where the winner puts out, yet the loser gains, as well.

I am proposing this bet to my longtime adversary in debate and friend, RolandDeschain.

I propose that the winner of the game send the unfortunate loser a cap of the winning team that that loser must wear while watching the Super Bowl.

Stipulations are that the cap must be NFL sanctioned; must fit the recipient (sized or one size fit all); and presentable (ie. not a trashed used, abused or stinky one). A new cap is very acceptable, but vintage gets extra points. Once again, sizing is vital. And the loser must post a picture of there self wearing the cap in front of the televised game here.

I will happily send one of the finest I own or can find your way.

P.S. It must arrive prior to the Super Bowl, of course.

Edited to clarify cap team affiliation.

Edited again: And the loser must post a picture of them self wearing the cap in front of the televised game here.

themunn

Reaction score
I don't get it

So if you win, you have to SOURCE a hat, BUY a hat, PAY to post it, and then all the loser has to do is wear it?

OP
OP
AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
themunn":2widkxlw said:
I don't get it

So if you win, you have to SOURCE a hat, BUY a hat, PAY to post it, and then all the loser has to do is wear it?

Correct. I would gladly put that all out when/if my Saints win. The point is knowing that if your team makes it to the big game, your friend is wearing the cap you chose and supporting your team in that game.

I know it is unique and I am hoping that I can pass a great cap on to Roland.

themunn

Reaction score
AsylumGuido":22mn4ij9 said:
themunn":22mn4ij9 said:
I don't get it

Correct. I would gladly put that all out when/if my Saints win. The point is knowing that if your team makes it to the big game, your friend is wearing the cap you chose and supporting your team in that game.

assuming the winner next week wins the week after too...

OP
OP
AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
themunn":2ha1ngji said:
AsylumGuido":2ha1ngji said:
themunn":2ha1ngji said:
I don't get it

assuming the winner next week wins the week after too...

True, but the cap can still be worn regardless.

droop828

Reaction score
How would you know if the other wears it during the SB?

OP
OP
AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
droop828":qgm2epd5 said:
How would you know if the other wears it during the SB?

Just added this before you posted:

And the loser must post a picture of them self wearing the cap in front of the televised game here.

cdallan

Reaction score
You could get a bespoke hat made saying "Rolands favret team is the Saint's" on it.

It's irrelevant anyway as he isn't going to have to wear it, so I wouldn't order it before the game.

OP
OP
AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
cdallan":22h4ctvs said:
You could get a bespoke hat made saying "Rolands favret team is the Saint's" on it.

It's irrelevant anyway as he isn't going to have to wear it, so I wouldn't order it before the game.

Nope, that is why I want it to be a legit NFL cap.

HansGruber

Reaction score
That's a cool bet.

AsylumGuido is such a breath of fresh air after the weeks of 49er trolls we've been enduring. Looks like we'll have to put up with them for another week. :(

I'll accept the bet on Roland's behalf. He's even one-upping you and will wear the entire Saints outfit ordered from the Saints team store.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Hawk Strap":1szwd3f1 said:
Roland will have to ask his mom
I shouted up the question from my mom's basement. She said yes. Sweet!

Guido: Congrats on an original and worthy wager, haha. I accept. Can anybody think of any details that need to be clarified beforehand? Also, does the pic have to be taken WHILE the Super Bowl is being played, or can the pic be taken during the pregame show prior to the start of it?

tdigitee

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2580cv3j said:
Guido: Congrats on an original and worthy wager, haha. I accept. Can anybody think of any details that need to be clarified beforehand? Also, does the pic have to be taken WHILE the Super Bowl is being played, or can the pic be taken during the pregame show prior to the start of it?

Excellent idea, Guido. I think the pic needs to be taken during the actual play of the SB. Also, Roland, because I am a fellow champion of proper English usage, you may want to establish whether the hat is allowed to contain grammatical/spelling errors. I shudder to think what might happen to you if Guido purposefully sent you a cap emblazoned with "NEW ORLEANS SAINT'S" or "SAINTS, THEIR CHAMPS AGAIN"