9ers trade AJ Jenkins to Chiefs for Jon Baldwin

Marvin49

Reaction score
rideaducati":1195mity said:
Marvin49":1195mity said:
rideaducati":1195mity said:
Boldin has never been good as the number one wr. As to rolling coverage to Davis leaving Boldin one on one, why not double both of them? You don't have to worry too much about whatever other wr the niners roll out there because either Boldin or Davis will be Kaep's first read. Seattle will put 8 in the box and expect run just like they did the last two times they played. The Seahawk secondary will be just fine.

LOL.

There it is....always comes back to the "first read" thing.

MAN I can't wait for the season to start.

Go watch just the playoff games. Kaep has 85 or so pass plays. He makes it to his second read AT MOST 11 times. Of the 11, all of them have two receivers in the same sight line, one deep one shallow. He makes it from one side of the field to the other side a total of ZERO times. Try all you want to convince me otherwise and you won't be able to find ANY proof.

I am also looking forward to this season.

The problem is that you don't know the call. You don't know the pre-snap read. You don't know anything about the design of the play and are simply looking for something not to like.

Did Kaep throw to his first read a lot? Yes. VERY OFTEN his first read was running WIDE OPEN down the field. That's a product of excellent play design and play action off a dominant run game. Wilson enjoyed some of that this year as well. What was Kaeps QB rating in the playoffs?

I'm not even going to try to change your mind. Its useless. You will believe what you want to believe and what you want to believe is that Kaep will come crashing back to reality. That's OK tho. I know where you're coming from.

I just think it's funny how often people just spit out the same info over and over in the hopes that the guy they WANT to suck will actually suck.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1memq1mt said:
Marvin, I'd like it if you could point out the time and quarter on the clock and in which games it happened, in reference to Ducati's statement, there. I haven't charted or watched Kaepernick's playoff games closely. (Didn't even watch all of them.)

I'm not even going to bother with that. It would be a total waste of my time. It wouldn't matter what I found because someone here would just try to disprove anything I say because they WANT so desperately for Kaep to suck. They'll parse my words or argue the positioning of Kaeps helmet to say if he was looking here or there...it's just not worth it. It's the hope of the pacific northwest that Kaep is just an illusion and that your Seattle Savior is the one true Wunderkind.

I've spent way too much time on these forums trying to convince the inconvincible. At some point, I need to learn my lesson. :D

Lets just say we'll agree to disagree and we'll find out this year and leave it at that. It should be fun. :)

rideaducati

Reaction score
Marvin49":2q47qout said:
RolandDeschain":2q47qout said:
Marvin, I'd like it if you could point out the time and quarter on the clock and in which games it happened, in reference to Ducati's statement, there. I haven't charted or watched Kaepernick's playoff games closely. (Didn't even watch all of them.)

I'm not even going to bother with that. It would be a total waste of my time. It wouldn't matter what I found because someone here would just try to disprove anything I say because they WANT so desperately for Kaep to suck. They'll parse my words or argue the positioning of Kaeps helmet to say if he was looking here or there...it's just not worth it. It's the hope of the pacific northwest that Kaep is just an illusion and that your Seattle Savior is the one true Wunderkind.

I've spent way too much time on these forums trying to convince the inconvincible. At some point, I need to learn my lesson. :D

Lets just say we'll agree to disagree and we'll find out this year and leave it at that. It should be fun. :)

You're right, it would be a waste of your time. It was a waste of my time too, but I wanted to make sure. I did.

Marvin49

Reaction score
rideaducati":2en9l0os said:
Marvin49":2en9l0os said:
RolandDeschain":2en9l0os said:

You're right, it would be a waste of your time. It was a waste of my time too, but I wanted to make sure. I did.

ok. we'll see.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
@Skinny_Post: AJ Jenkins is only wide receiver taken in first round since 1970 merger who didn't catch a single pass for team that drafted him. #49ers"

look@dafilm

Reaction score
-The Glove-":3vbqq0c2 said:
@Skinny_Post: AJ Jenkins is only wide receiver taken in first round since 1970 merger who didn't catch a single pass for team that drafted him. #49ers"

I like that Harbaalke aren't afraid to admit that they made a mistake, and it certainly sends a very positive message to the rest of the team in that no one is anyone's baby, no one is handed anything and everything must be earned on the field. however, what a motherfreaking waste of a pick. head-scratcher from day one. maybe he can get it together, but he just doesn't seem to have it. he's a fast, fluid athlete, but doesn't seem like an NFL receiver.

oh well, Habaalke has really stacked the 49ers for the future so its not a huge blow by any means. the 2012 doesn't look too good but there were only 2 picks made in like the top 120 players. 2013 looks extremley promising, almost like the 2011/2010/2007 draft. and hopefully the coaching staff/team can mold Baldwin's natural physical gifts into at least a good seam-stretcher. he's got 41 catches in his two NFL seasons so he's already +1 vs. Aj in my book :) or rather, +41 I guess :D

Popeyejones

Reaction score
rideaducati":22ku77lw said:
Go watch just the playoff games...He makes it from one side of the field to the other side a total of ZERO times. Try all you want to convince me otherwise and you won't be able to find ANY proof.

:?

Just off the top of my head and starting at the beginning of the playoff run I thought of the 50 yard completion to Frank Gore in the first quarter, and then went back and checked to make sure I was right. It's Kaepernick's third pass from his first playoff game. There's a high/low ladder read that he starts with to the right (neither of them are open), then he checks with Davis running the in across the middle of the field, and looks left and floats it over the defender to Gore who is already heading up field.

So, not debating if Kaepernick needs to improve getting through his progression or not (I think he does), but you're really overstating your case, dude. Something that you claim didn't happen once in three games happens in the first three minutes of the first game. :)

Marvin49

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1sz2aajh said:
rideaducati":1sz2aajh said:
Go watch just the playoff games...He makes it from one side of the field to the other side a total of ZERO times. Try all you want to convince me otherwise and you won't be able to find ANY proof.

:?

Just off the top of my head and starting at the beginning of the playoff run I thought of the 50 yard completion to Frank Gore in the first quarter, and then went back and checked to make sure I was right. It's Kaepernick's third pass from his first playoff game. There's a high/low ladder read that he starts with to the right (neither of them are open), then he checks with Davis running the in across the middle of the field, and looks left and floats it over the defender to Gore who is already heading up field.

So, not debating if Kaepernick needs to improve getting through his progression or not (I think he does), but you're really overstating your case, dude. Something that you claim didn't happen once in three games happens in the first three minutes of the first game. :)

That play is also combined with a pretty touch pass to Gore that he supposedly can't throw. :D

Alkasquawlik

Reaction score
Marvin49":9voffi9p said:
The problem is that you don't know the call. You don't know the pre-snap read. You don't know anything about the design of the play and are simply looking for something not to like.

THIS THIS THIS

Tons of Monday Morning Armchair Quarterbacks in here.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Alkasquawlik":3s9mn3gt said:
Marvin49":3s9mn3gt said:

THIS THIS THIS

Tons of homeristic forty ninnies trolls in here as well!

Alkasquawlik

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3dbsld1p said:
Alkasquawlik":3dbsld1p said:
THIS THIS THIS

Kind of the bread & butter of what an NFL fan forum is for, no?

Touche, my friend.

The fact of the matter is that none of us know the play call, pre snap reads, defensive adjustments, progressions of most plays.

@rideaducati - Please read this article from Sando. Halfway down the page, you'll see evidence that refutes your argument.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/ ... kaepernick

mretrade

Reaction score
Every GM misses. The most regarded GM's in the league misses. It happens.

mretrade

Reaction score
Most people regard Ozzie Newsome as the best GM in the league and he has had his fair share of misses.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
mretrade":209ulm8k said:
Most people regard Ozzie Newsome as the best GM in the league and he has had his fair share of misses.
Rational people know this. The big mistake Baalke made in this one is being too determined to fix the need at WR. Same mistake Schneider made in 2011, a determination to toughen up the line with the first two picks. Seattle was picking O-line come hell or high water, so they forced it. Ballke did the same exact thing with Jenkins.

mretrade

Reaction score
Probably. He was really high on Jenkins and claimed they sealed the draft envelope the night before. I however, wanted Stephen Hill.

SoHo9erFan

Reaction score
Scottemojo":30clxn9n said:
mretrade":30clxn9n said:
Rational people know this. The big mistake Baalke made in this one is being too determined to fix the need at WR. Same mistake Schneider made in 2011, a determination to toughen up the line with the first two picks. Seattle was picking O-line come hell or high water, so they forced it. Ballke did the same exact thing with Jenkins.
Jenkins was more of a luxury pick, like Lamichael James, than anything else. He wasn't drafted to solve any immediate WRs issues.