After 11 games, #12 in offense, #11 in defense

NoGain

Reaction score
We're a fringe playoff team now, not good enough to be considered amongst the true SB contenders, and not bad enough for a top ten or better draft pick.

Sound familiar?

cymatica

Reaction score
We're a fringe playoff team now, not good enough to be considered amongst the true SB contenders, and not bad enough for a top ten or better draft pick.

Sound familiar?

Attachments

• Funniest-Groundhog-Day-Memes.jpg
    Funniest-Groundhog-Day-Memes.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 4

94Smith

Reaction score
Its not team rankings. Its individual players grades on average, is it not?
DVOA is 16 overall

flv2

Reaction score
Some of the current team rankings, (by totals), are skewed by 24 teams having played 11 games and 8 teams having played 12 games.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yep. People just want to use "stats" to fit a narrative of some player they don't like. It's been that way for decades.

Jville

Reaction score
Sure didn't feel like a top 10 team, but PFF seems to think so? Biggest drop may be run defense? from #2 in the league after the Giants game to #18 now. Tackling has been consistently bad, Receiving trending downwards.

View attachment 62152

The all important SPECIAL TEAMS ranking looks spot on to me.

The Seahawks offense and defense have combined in committing 14 more penalties than their opponents and lost 184 more yards than gained from penalties. Thus throwing away some of the field position advantage Special Teams is providing. The offense and defense need to get their acts together. Only the Chicago Bears have turned in worse penalty numbers.
Link >>> https://www.nflpenalties.com/

EDIT: One further note ..... only the Dallas Cowboys are committing penalties at a faster per play rate than the Seattle Seahawks.

Last edited:

renofox

Reaction score
One further note ..... only the Dallas Cowboys are committing penalties at a faster per play rate than the Seattle Seahawks.
That will change this week - the refs have their instructions. I'm pretty sure the Cowboys will have the lowest penalty rate for the season this Thursday.

If the Seahawks are playing well and somehow get the lead? Flags, they will be flying (except for all the uncalled penalties on Dallas' secondary).

xray

Reaction score
" Numbers don't lie " they say ; but sometimes " they just don't add up " if you know what I mean . :)

GemCity

Reaction score
I don’t know what’s up with the heartache

We have the same record as Indianapolis, Houston, and Denver!

Oh wait…