Your worst case scenario start to the draft is...

uncle fester

Reaction score
There’s a good chance the FO won’t be able to trade the 5th once the dust has settled on picks 1 - 4 if ‘their guy’ - and other teams’ - has already gone. The pick value chart goes out the window if you can’t find a dance partner. Now you’re drafting someone ahead of their place/perceived value, where you might not want to and now you’re probably overpaying for the privilege too.

Not sure there’s many worst cases below that, tbh.

samwize77

Reaction score
Taking a RB, CB/S or TE in the first round.
I'm good with most any other positions as long as its not an OBVIOUS reach.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Best Case: Richardson/Levis (they are the top two QBs in this class)

Worst Case: Tyree Wilson, he isn't a scheme fit, we would be better off trading down. A close second is Jalen Carter. Jalen is a knucklehead with talent. Knuckleheads usually end up continuing to be knuckleheads.
Like I said...Carter is a knucklehead. Hopefully each person who suggested him at #5 watched the pro day he couldn't complete because he was 9lbs heavier than at the combine. Conditioning has always been an issue for Carter. If you come into the most important interview of your life in that shape why would he change in the NFL. Icing on the cake is his off the field issues.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
This.

Unless Carter and Anderson are gone, then I'm OK with dropping down a couple spots to grab another 2nd, etc if Wilson is still available.

But yeah, nightmare scenario is John doing his drop down 5 times thing and drafting a bunch of Colliers and McDowells.
Carter will be there. He may even be there at 20. I wouldn't take a guy at 5 that would be there at 20.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Carter and Anderson are gone and nobody wants to trade up. Can't really see this happening because that would mean another quarterback is there.
Been saying for weeks....Carter isn't someone we want at #5. Why pick a player that high with the issues he has.

A-Dog

Reaction score
Worst Case IMO (and quite likely):

1. Carolina - CJ Stroud, QB, Ohio State
2. Houston - Bryce Young, QB, Alabama
3. Arizona - Will Anderson, EDGE, Alabama
4. Indianapolis - Anthony Richardson, QB, Florida

That means the top available players for Seattle are:
- Jalen Carter, DT, Georgia
- Will Levis, QB, Kentucky
- Tyree Wilson, DE, Texas Tech

Carter should be off the board at #5, too much of a risk

I am okay with drafting any of the QBs top-5 except for Will Levis. He is very poor at sensing and avoiding pressure in the pocket, his accuracy and touch are poor, and he's 2 years older than the other QBs (5th-year Senior). I get that his support at Kentucky was not great and he has some very good tools but overall I just don't like the fit for what Pete wants which is a guy who won't turn the ball over and can generate explosive plays both in and out of structure.

Tyree Wilson isn't a scheme fit - he's clearly a 4-3 DE not a 3-4 DE or OLB in the Bear/Tite front.

If the draft falls like this I'd try everything to trade down for someone who wants one of those three players, and I'd try to move in to the 10-15 range looking at guys like Nolan Smith and Will McDonald while adding picks.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
If we start drafting guys who are 40+ years old who have never played sports before and are small and out of shape, I'm going to be upset. But not as upset as I'd be if they were also disabled. That's probably the worst case scenario.

James in PA

Reaction score
Taking Richardson at 5. Idiot move.
I respectfully disagree, especially if Anderson is gone. We can still go heavy on defense after that. I think it would be very exciting to have a quarterback of the future with such a high upside waiting in the wings behind Geno.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Worst Case Scenario????? We trade down and get Me3 back in the trade.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Carter will be there. He may even be there at 20. I wouldn't take a guy at 5 that would be there at 20.

If I had to guess, Carter drops out of the top 10 now, but still gets picked before 20. 10-15 is where the risk vs reward makes sense for his unique skillset and position of importance.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Carter's going to have a long dominant career while Richardson and Levis will be two absolute flops.

Blazin Hawk

Reaction score
Taking Anthony Richardson at number five. He has the talent for it, but having that much draft capital spent on a guy who needs two years would be horrible given the holes we have on the roster. Taking Peter Skoronski if he falls to us at twenty. I do not see where all the hype is coming from him. I watched a few of their all offensive plays videos against ranked opponents, and I was not impressed. I know most are projecting him to be moved to guard, but if they are both available, I want Torrence, who actually played the position very well.
I understand the risks with Richardson but I would be excited if our front office believed in him enough to take him that high.

HawksNation

Reaction score
With the 5th pick of the 2023 draft, the Seattle Seahawks select…
Tanner Mckee

Chevy

Reaction score
Carter's going to have a long dominant career while Richardson and Levis will be two absolute flops.
In three years from now Carter weighs 410 lbs, and working at a donut shop near the campus of the University of Georgia. While Richardson is a All-Pro for the Seahawks and Levis is a Pro Bowl Alternate for the Colts.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Staying put at 5 and taking Tyree Wilson when a player like Carter or Anderson is still on the board. So many mocks have us doing this and it pisses me off. Terrible value.
Taking Wilson instead of Carter. Then Lions get Carter. Worst possible result for a Seahawks/Bears fan (me).

I think it very well might happen.

Chevy

Reaction score
Taking Wilson instead of Carter. Then Lions get Carter. Worst possible result for a Seahawks/Bears fan (me).

I think it very well might happen.

Carter has the same body type as former Raiders QB JaMarcus Russell...

Carter...
64121f32ace43image

JaMarcus...

Last edited:

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Carter has the same body type as former Raiders QB JaMarcus Russell...

Carter...
View attachment 58311

JaMarcus...
View attachment 58310
I’m changing my vote. The worst thing that could happen to the Seahawks is to draft one of these QBs who’s a bust, because it takes at least 3 wasted years to find out.
Think about Trubisky….and draft Carter.

Chevy

Reaction score
I’m changing my vote. The worst thing that could happen to the Seahawks is to draft one of these QBs who’s a bust, because it takes at least 3 wasted years to find out.
Think about Trubisky….and draft Carter.
I'd love to draft Carter if he didn't have so many red flags. He had cardio issues addmitted by himself before this last college season. He didn't improve his cardio, from the first few game I scouted him...he then addmitted later in the season his cardio was lackin, which showed in his games. He then had fun racing his teammates and they got into a serious car crash, he left the scene and basically killed his teammates because he was scared.