Your worst case scenario start to the draft is...

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
I'd love to draft Carter if he didn't have so many red flags. He had cardio issues addmitted by himself before this last college season. He didn't improve his cardio, from the first few game I scouted him...he then addmitted later in the season his cardio was lackin, which showed in his games. He then had fun racing his teammates and they got into a serious car crash, he left the scene and basically killed his teammates because he was scared.
I’m hoping the “red flags” cause him to drop to the Bears if the Seahawks don’t draft him, but I worry about freakin’ Lions get him whereupon he and Hutchinson torture Fields for the next several years.

He was found guilty of street racing and reckless driving. He didn’t kill anybody with his vehicle, or he would have been charged with felony manslaughter. The woman killed herself and her passenger by driving .197 alcohol at 100mph and slamming into two phone polls and an apartment building. Carter should have stayed there to talk to police, but it wouldn’t have made any difference for the two people who died.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Like I said...Carter is a knucklehead. Hopefully each person who suggested him at #5 watched the pro day he couldn't complete because he was 9lbs heavier than at the combine. Conditioning has always been an issue for Carter. If you come into the most important interview of your life in that shape why would he change in the NFL. Icing on the cake is his off the field issues.
You know, Rob highlighted him being out of shape and all, but he worked out with edge/LBs at his pro day. And his stop start and change of direction drills were more impressive than Nolan Smith who was significantly lighter.

Who know how Carter will carry himself but he still has massive upside.

CactusJack

Reaction score
You know, Rob highlighted him being out of shape and all, but he worked out with edge/LBs at his pro day. And his stop start and change of direction drills were more impressive than Nolan Smith who was significantly lighter.

Who know how Carter will carry himself but he still has massive upside.
It's really easy to pick out the Rob Staton followers based on who they list (like/dislike), etc. I could easily say some negative things about the guy, but I'll refrain.

I've cooled on Carter myself. But if he's the pick, I'm not going to throw a fit. They obviously will have done enough background on him by then to make a rational decision.

Last edited:

CactusJack

Reaction score
A QB that's not CJ Stroud in the first round.
I like Young too. Despite his size. Both have the IT factor. Both are still out of our range.

Levis is a hard no. There aren't enough positives with him imo. He plays too reckless for my liking. The age is definitely a factor. But I just see too much Carson Wentz in his game. For a guy with his experience, he should be better than what he showed on film.

Last edited:

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
It's really easy to pick out the Rob Staton followers based on who they list (like/dislike), etc. I could easily say some negative things about the guy, but I'll refrain.

I've cooled on Carter myself. But if he's the pick, I'm not going to throw a fit. They obviously will have done enough background on him by then to make a rational decision.
That’s the point. I know the Bears are bringing him to Chicago for a private workout and interviews before April 15. They aren’t going to worry that he’s “x” pounds over the weight they want. They will work his butt off in training camp to deal with that. His mental state is far more important in their evaluation. Like you say, fans should trust that the team will do a thorough investigation before the draft. I believe the Seahawks, Lions, Raiders, Falcons, and Bears are all possible.

Chevy

Reaction score
Taking Anthony Richardson at number five. He has the talent for it, but having that much draft capital spent on a guy who needs two years would be horrible given the holes we have on the roster. Taking Peter Skoronski if he falls to us at twenty. I do not see where all the hype is coming from him. I watched a few of their all offensive plays videos against ranked opponents, and I was not impressed. I know most are projecting him to be moved to guard, but if they are both available, I want Torrence, who actually played the position very well.
Torrence doesn't fit our scheme.

toffee

Reaction score
The safest scenario might be to only Richardson and Levis are available at #5, Carter, Anderson, Young, and Stroud all taken.