Your worst case scenario start to the draft is...

Fox0r

Reaction score
Curious to see what everyone's nightmare scenario is to start the draft.

I'll pass. More curious just to read people's thoughts.

Chevy

Reaction score
Mine would be passing on any of the QB's in the draft to select RB Bijan Robinson at #5. Great player, but not a need and bad positional value that at #5. Then taking OLB/DE Nolan Smith at #20, NFL combine stud but too much of a project as a pass rusher to be taken in the 1st round.

BASF

Reaction score
Taking Anthony Richardson at number five. He has the talent for it, but having that much draft capital spent on a guy who needs two years would be horrible given the holes we have on the roster. Taking Peter Skoronski if he falls to us at twenty. I do not see where all the hype is coming from him. I watched a few of their all offensive plays videos against ranked opponents, and I was not impressed. I know most are projecting him to be moved to guard, but if they are both available, I want Torrence, who actually played the position very well.

getnasty

Reaction score
Carter and Anderson are gone and nobody wants to trade up. Can't really see this happening because that would mean another quarterback is there.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Worst case for me would be:
#1 Stroud
#2 Young
#3 Anderson
#4 Carter (very improbable Colts pass on QB)
#5 Nobody trades up for Richardson/Levis because they don't buy that we would take them

That would be a minor disappointment but I'd be fine if we stayed at #5 and picked Richardson then. I get why that's unexciting to many with us having Geno, but I do think we could play him situationally this season in the same way the Saints used Taysom Hill last year. The excitement would come back pretty quick when people watched him in the pre-season, and this team really means it when they say they are a developmental organization.

It's also not like we will be gambling the entire draft at #5. We're not having to package picks to move up thanks to the Broncos, and would still have plenty of draft capital to get high quality prospects at 20/37/52/83/123/etc. If Carter is off the board (or off our board) then the best DL fits for us will be on day 2 anyway.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Best Case: Richardson/Levis (they are the top two QBs in this class)

Worst Case: Tyree Wilson, he isn't a scheme fit, we would be better off trading down. A close second is Jalen Carter. Jalen is a knucklehead with talent. Knuckleheads usually end up continuing to be knuckleheads.

WarHawks

Reaction score
Jones' signing opens up the possibility of signing a developmental.prospect like AR, or even Levis for that matter. Worst case for me would be passing on AR or Levis to take Carter at 5, then watching him turn into a bust, and watching AR or Levis turn into a superstar somewhere else. Both are probably unlikely, but so is a worst case scenario.

As Agent dib noted above, the whole draft isn't riding on 5, so we can afford to take a risk we otherwise wouldn't, assuming that whomever they choose is The Guy.

Last edited:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Trading the 5th pick. Please don’t get cute this year.

This.

Unless Carter and Anderson are gone, then I'm OK with dropping down a couple spots to grab another 2nd, etc if Wilson is still available.

But yeah, nightmare scenario is John doing his drop down 5 times thing and drafting a bunch of Colliers and McDowells.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Packaging #5 and #20 for #3, to leapfrog Indianapolis for whichever QB is left over...

Even worse nightmare, it leaks out that Indianapolis wasn't actually planning to take a quarterback anyway.

Latest posts