Yesterday’s Play Calling

acer1240

Reaction score
Top notch or top notch? That was a pleasure to watch.

Waldron tore that up imo…I thought that direct snap was an offsides on us as it was so damn fast.
That direct snap blew my mind. I'm sure it's been done like that before but I was yelling holy shit! That's usually a late game type of call.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
I wish I could have watched it! All I could get were bits and pieces via NFL Redzone. Why can't I buy an NFL subscription that allows me to watch whatever game I want live?? NFL+ sucks since it doesn't give you access to all games.

LeaveLynchAlone

Reaction score
I don't think that's the whole story though. I could be wrong? I think being a first year play caller and that caused Pete to be much more involved as well. This offense is nothing like an offense Pete has ever ran on any team. I think Pete to his credit gave up control and decided to trust Waldron in year two much more than he did in year 1. Again maybe Russ is 100% the reason I just don't think that's the case.
This 💐 narrative is 💐. You can hang onto the Pete meddling 💐 to the end, but you are one of the dwindling purveyors of this kind of 💐 left- Fade, Twisted, Pitts, you and a few others.

This belief is only in your 💀 and not within the team. If you and the others continue to be so clearly 🧀 to see the difference with the removal of a player who had stopped buying into team Seahawks for team 3, nothing is going to help you.

I can agree with one thing that you said - you don't 😑.

Edited to be more 💐.

Last edited:

Ozzy

Reaction score
So it can't be a nuanced issue as to why Waldron is having a great year? You're cultish with this stuff. Relax its weird.

Russ was a part of the problem, Waldron probably got more comfortable in year two and Pete gave him more freedom which ironically Pete ADMITTED to.

Quit with the bullshit insults in the main forum, its not needed.

LeaveLynchAlone

Reaction score
So it can't be a nuanced issue as to why Waldron is having a great year? You're cultish with this stuff. Relax its weird.

Russ was a part of the problem, Waldron probably got more comfortable in year two and Pete gave him more freedom which ironically Pete ADMITTED to.

Quit with the bullshit insults in the main forum, its not needed.
I'm sorry. Did I hurt your feelings?

I simply responded to an ongoing always-horrible take based upon air and not facts. Make a believable argument beyond your feelings and I won't respond with something that makes you feel sad.

I am not insulting you. I am questioning your way-beyond-reality opinion.

Ozzy

Reaction score
lol no but its not allowed and the forum tends to go to shit when people keep calling people stupid who don't agree. Which of the 3 points I made are stupid? Russ was a factor, Waldron got better in year two understandably or Pete who has already said it himself gave Waldron a little more freedome to do his thing and implement more of his offense.

You're being weird dude. This is football we can all discuss this shit without it sounding like a political debate.

sutz

Reaction score
It was good, but because we weren't behind and only tied at the time, somebody out there is probably still saying that Geno doesn't have the mentality to come from behind to win a game
My only complaint about the 5/75 drive was that it was too quick. Should have burned more clock. :)

LeaveLynchAlone

Reaction score
My only complaint about the 5/75 drive was that it was too quick. Should have burned more clock. :)
Also after twice failing horribly, why was Lockett even on the field. He should have been being flogged the rest of the game sitting on the bench. :rolleyes:

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
I wish I could have watched it! All I could get were bits and pieces via NFL Redzone. Why can't I buy an NFL subscription that allows me to watch whatever game I want live?? NFL+ sucks since it doesn't give you access to all games.
DirecTV has the exclusive rights for it and from what I understand you can only get the subscription (without getting DirecTV) if you live somewhere where you can't get DirecTV.

cymatica

Reaction score
The direct snap play was cool, but I was more impressed with the read zone shovel pass. Coaches had some balls to go for it on 4th and 2 inside the 10 and the players executed perfectly in sync. Geno and walker had to sell that to zone read as long as they could to let the play develop.

projectorfreak

Reaction score
What amazes me is how intricately pete understands what his QB can and can't do to be able to tailor the plays around that
Must be nice for them right about now as it looks to me like Geno can do it all and well which reflects highly on the play calls as we're getting more n more new things introduced every week

sutz

Reaction score
What amazes me is how intricately pete understands what his QB can and can't do to be able to tailor the plays around that
Must be nice for them right about now as it looks to me like Geno can do it all and well which reflects highly on the play calls as we're getting more n more new things introduced every week
Actually, I think Pete is letting Waldron and the Offensive coaches do their magic with little to no interference. He strikes me as one of those "if it ain't broke, don't try to fix it" kind of guys. :)

Now, obviously he has oversight, he's the top guy. But he's probably loving it that with the O working as well as it is his job is a lot easier week to week.