Worst Seahawk losses ever (non-Superbowl)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Maulbert":2xpu6ii1 said:
Hawkstorian":2xpu6ii1 said:
1988 -- Wildcard game .... Fredd Young intercepts Boomer in OT --- but refs blew the call. Pre replay, of course.

Do you mean when Fredd Young intercepted Warren Moon against Houston?
That game still pisses me off! Good call.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
OK -- my memory wasn't 100% ... but yeah. Warren Moon. Sorry that emotion clouded my brain.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
September 30, 1979. My dad gets tickets to the game for my 8th birthday so I get to see my first Seahawks game in person. KC, and Ted McKnight in particular, steamrolls the 'Hawks 24-6.

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
I think it was 98’ when we stuffed Vinny Testeverde on 4th and goal from the 2 against the Jets and the ref ruled it a touchdown. It was before instant replay lol
Replayed showed they stopped him a whole yard and and a half from the end zone and they missed the playoffs by a game that year

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":1roar6dv said:
I think it was 98’ when we stuffed Vinny Testeverde on 4th and goal from the 2 against the Jets and the ref ruled it a touchdown. It was before instant replay lol
Replayed showed they stopped him a whole yard and and a half from the end zone and they missed the playoffs by a game that year
Yep, true. White Helmet = brown football.

But on a positive note it led to Seattle getting Holmgren as a head coach.

schkoot

Reaction score
The KC rain game hurt my feelings the most of nearly any loss.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1q49evos said:
Maulbert":1q49evos said:
Hawkstorian":1q49evos said:
1988 -- Wildcard game .... Fredd Young intercepts Boomer in OT --- but refs blew the call. Pre replay, of course.

Do you mean when Fredd Young intercepted Warren Moon against Houston?
That game still pisses me off! Good call.

Great call as this game was a disaster as well. If I remember correctly though instant replay had just come in and this play was reviewed. However, the refs said there was not enough evidence to support a clear int. What a crock.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
November 30, 1987, MNF. Bo vs Boz. I wasn't a Boz fan, but jeebus, Bo lit us up for 221 rushing, 3 TD.. His fifth NFL game! Final 37-14. I can still taste the bitterness.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
HomerJHawk":2u0f2wvi said:
November 30, 1987, MNF. Bo vs Boz. I wasn't a Boz fan, but jeebus, Bo lit us up for 221 rushing, 3 TD.. His fifth NFL game! Final 37-14. I can still taste the bitterness.

How could we forget this nightmare?

chris98251

Reaction score
2006 NFC Divisional Playoff: at #1 Chicago Bears

If we won I think we win that Super Bowl. We were tore up from the ground up with injuries, Peyton was not yet a Legend in his own Forehead, Grossman was horrible.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Seahawks @ Stealers, 2007. First time we played them after Super Bowl XL. We lost 21-0, couldn't score a single point. It was like validating that abortion of a Super Bowl and that piece of crap Bill Leavy.

Somos doces

Reaction score
Jerhawk":szgm3k9h said:
... 2004 Wild card vs Rams
Dang Rams. We lost this heartbreaker and got swept 3-0 vs the Rams that year. Such a sad loss. ...
This is #1 for me. I was so upset afterward I locked myself in a bedroom and said nasty things to my very young kids through the door when they tried to roust me out. On a positive note, soon thereafter I did some soul searching and decided sports would no longer be something I would allow to affect me on a personal, emotional level. I decided it's a game — entertainment — not to be taken seriously, and I've stuck to that pledge ever since.

#2 would be the loss to Dallas on Thanksgiving in 2008. We were at a relative-adjacent's home for the holiday meal and then some relaxing football-watching. Unfortunately, this contest was a direct punch to our swollen guts virtually from the get-go, and my branch of the clan left the get-together at halftime, figuratively deflated.

BASF

Reaction score
Somos doces":m2lckf48 said:
Jerhawk":m2lckf48 said:
... 2004 Wild card vs Rams
Dang Rams. We lost this heartbreaker and got swept 3-0 vs the Rams that year. Such a sad loss. ...
This is #1 for me. I was so upset afterward I locked myself in a bedroom and said nasty things to my very young kids through the door when they tried to roust me out. On a positive note, soon thereafter I did some soul searching and decided sports would no longer be something I would allow to affect me on a personal, emotional level. I decided it's a game — entertainment — not to be taken seriously, and I've stuck to that pledge ever since.

#2 would be the loss to Dallas on Thanksgiving in 2008. We were at a relative-adjacent's home for the holiday meal and then some relaxing football-watching. Unfortunately, this contest was a direct punch to our swollen guts virtually from the get-go, and my branch of the clan left the get-together at halftime, figuratively deflated.

This is the best lesson anyone can learn regarding sports. I know people that have yet to learn it and it is painful to watch.

Jac

Reaction score
The Seahawks and Broncos both entered 1984 Week #16 with 12-3 records. This was their first chance to win the division in franchise history, but they got blown out in a home game.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... 150sea.htm

I'd also add any loss in 1986. One more win anywhere along the line, and we could have had our first Super Bowl. That team was on a roll and had already beaten both SB participants (the Broncos and the Giants).

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
That Ram regular season loss in 2004 was brutal. I remember being so irate at the clock management being messed up on the last offensive series giving the Rams a chance. I also remember a Ram TD late in the third quarter that gave me an uneasy feeling that the game was not over. That game seemed to really derail that season...even though they made the playoffs and won the division the team could have been more imo.

Trying to find one that wasn't mentioned (I think this was), season finale or second last home game vs Denver. A win was probably a division win and 2 seed. That first series Denver got a tipped fluke long play to go up 7-0 and sort of cruised from there. With how good that was at home I was all set to celebrate an AFC West title that day and it wall went wrong.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Last year's playoff game against the Rams.

After years of falling short in the playoffs, it felt like we might be able to make some noise.

Our big division challenger had the wheels fall off, and the Rams had a choice between 1st time start from a CFL player or an injured Goff. While we normally struggle with the Rams, all we had to do was outscore them and for one of the 1st times in recent memory - we had ability to field a high-scoring offense.

The Rams were chirping they owned us (because they do) and apparently their entire path to the playoffs they set was based on trying to get us as the playoff opponent for an easy win. But all that was out the window now they had no viable starting caliber QB. For one of the 1st times, I was not worried about the Rams because they might own us, but they were NOT going to beat us without a QB.

Normally facing the Rams would be a nightmare but we got a very fortunate gift by fate giving us every chance to get past them now.

Sure, it felt like we mothballed the offense a bit at the tail end of the season, but that just seemed one of those weird Carrollesque things he does - since we had faced a bunch of teams with nobodies at QB or 2nd/3rd/4th string replacement QBs.

As division winners, we even had the home field and didn't have to worry about facing the 49ers in the playoffs. We just had to beat a one-legged Rams team at home.

Holy carp.

We freaking lost to a team with a QB with half a hand. I don't even remember the rest.

Chawker

Reaction score
Ok, this one is from my faded memory. It was the Dave Kreig era and its was against the Rams, with their number one defense. Total offensive output for the game was like -17 yards ! It still stands as the worst record as offensive output in NFL history.

Try to top that one ! Keyboard drop.

Cheers