World Record Attempt on Sept 15th

OfficialVolume12

Reaction score
Hello 12s!! My name is Joe Tafoya former Seahawk. I think that we should own the World Record for loudest stadium cheer in a sports arena. We are by far the best fans in the world and should be recognized for it.

I filed an application with Guinness and they accepted it. A few weeks later the KC Chiefs filed and were also accepted. I have messages from 5 other teams - Baltimore, Denver, Minnesota, Washington, Green Bay that they will follow suit. This attempt brings national and global recognition to the best fan base in the world. We deserve it. It's a good thing for all of the NFL amidst news of DUI's, Murder, and contract disputes because it's a positive story about passionate fans. US!!!

I want this attempt to be owned by the fans for the fans. I spoke to the Seahawks and the only help they are willing to give is to stay silent. They tell me that there is too much liability to get involved so they will wish us luck and let it be a fully organic thing. Guinness will give us 3 official attempts. I need your help in guiding the process.

1. We need to inform everyone by getting them to the same place http://www.facebook.com/officialvolume12 is the site we are using (KC fan page will surpass us after only being alive for 2 weeks)

2. We need a strategy on the actual attempts: When is the best time to make it official an let everyone know what we are doing.

I will be at the BBQ tomorrow to hopefully meet some of you and discuss this attempt. Please give your thoughts on this...good, bad, indifferent, ideas.

This is truly about the 12th man so lets show the world who we are!

@JoeTafoya

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome Joe! I guess my question is, if the Seahawks can't officially recognize/organize the attempt, how do we know at what point during the game Guinness will be recording the decibel level? Perhaps it won't matter...The nature of the game itself will naturally produce the desired results. For the record, I thought it was pretty hilarious that KC fans had to jump on your idea. I guess they need something to cheer about. :)

Cartire

Reaction score
OfficialVolume12":2rimja5k said:
Hello 12s!! My name is Joe Tafoya former Seahawk. I think that we should own the World Record for loudest stadium cheer in a sports arena. We are by far the best fans in the world and should be recognized for it.

I filed an application with Guinness and they accepted it. A few weeks later the KC Chiefs filed and were also accepted. I have messages from 5 other teams - Baltimore, Denver, Minnesota, Washington, Green Bay that they will follow suit. This attempt brings national and global recognition to the best fan base in the world. We deserve it. It's a good thing for all of the NFL amidst news of DUI's, Murder, and contract disputes because it's a positive story about passionate fans. US!!!

I want this attempt to be owned by the fans for the fans. I spoke to the Seahawks and the only help they are willing to give is to stay silent. They tell me that there is too much liability to get involved so they will wish us luck and let it be a fully organic thing. Guinness will give us 3 official attempts. I need your help in guiding the process.

1. We need to inform everyone by getting them to the same place http://www.facebook.com/officialvolume12 is the site we are using (KC fan page will surpass us after only being alive for 2 weeks)

2. We need a strategy on the actual attempts: When is the best time to make it official an let everyone know what we are doing.

I will be at the BBQ tomorrow to hopefully meet some of you and discuss this attempt. Please give your thoughts on this...good, bad, indifferent, ideas.

This is truly about the 12th man so lets show the world who we are!

@JoeTafoya

So wait. The seahawks will be liable for helping with this? What liabilities are involved? I only ask because, can they not inform the stadium using the stadium PA? Or do we just have to hope that 60,000 fans know to check their watches at the correct time and start screaming?

And if this is the case, are we sure other organizations will follow the same guidelines? Meaning, is KC not going to be informing their fans either or are they? Because right away this would seem horribly unfair. And I would also be completely embarrassed if not only we didnt get the record, but were completely stomped by another team going for it by a wide margin because their organization did help.

OP
OP
O

OfficialVolume12

Reaction score
Thanks Aros! We will be giving the Guinness direction for this attempt. They record when we tell them to. Im trying to find out if they will be able to record the entire game and we just pick the highest decibel level or if we have to make it an actual attempt. Either way we should let everyone know when they should scream the loudest.

Those damn Chiefs Fans...They are something else.

Cartire

Reaction score
Another question. Where will the recording devices be recording from? I know there is quite a difference in volume around the field.

warden

Reaction score
The raising of the 12th man flag seems like a logical time for one of the attempts

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Well as you know the nature of the game will dictate the loudest moments but if I had to guess, the first Seahawks defensive play would probably be a no-brainer. Outside of that, any Seahawks turnover or TD or timely sack would qualify as well. My hope would be that Guinness is recording at all times so they can capture the loudest moment(s) of the game. Regardless, it's going to be bananas and we can't wait!

RockHawk

Reaction score
By the way; .NET had it in discussion the day the news broke about the attempt. You can see the string here
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=69529

Usually the mods would combine the two topics, but you're Joe f'ing Tafoya!
joe_tafoya_2005_11_06.jpg

Seriously though, thanks for rep'in the 12th man Joe. It's awesome you've become the face of this attempt.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Ask the Seahawks if they're OK with you handing out leaflets to fans as they enter the stadium. If so, find a local FedEx Kinkos or mom/pop printer to help you print them up in exchange for including an ad on the leaflet. Then get a bunch of people together to park at all the entrance gates and hand them out and tell people about the attempt so they know to help out by yelling.

Largent80

Reaction score
I am loving this. Thanks Joe for posting that here, and I will be at a home game for the first time in 5 years, and it is THAT game !!!!

I am ready to give my all for ALL of us !!

warden

Reaction score
Well my wife will be there like always. She was threatened to be kicked out of the Kingdome by the cops for making to much noise.

The Radish

Reaction score
sc85sis":2g8q9y51 said:
Ask the Seahawks if they're OK with you handing out leaflets to fans as they enter the stadium. If so, find a local FedEx Kinkos or mom/pop printer to help you print them up in exchange for including an ad on the leaflet. Then get a bunch of people together to park at all the entrance gates and hand them out and tell people about the attempt so they know to help out by yelling.

Great idea!

Also I said earlier in an email to you Joe welcome to Seahawks.net, we're proud to have ya.

:th2thumbs:

I can understand KC wanting to try this too as they think they are the loudest stadium. KCHawkgirl has mentioned that its loud there but not as loud as here.

We just need to prove it.

And I agree that we need to know the ground rules for when/how, etc.

:les:

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Someone already mentioned a hand bill idea, I think that would be the best bet.

Maybe even put up some banners here and there talking about breaking the record and stuff.

nsport

Reaction score
Just sent the page suggestion to all my "friends" on FB... I will go ahead and fess up - I don't really have any friends.

nsport

Reaction score
OfficialVolume12":19v6ekrf said:
Those damn Chiefs Fans...They are something else.

I miss the AFC West rivalries - but loving the new one(s)!!

47degreesn

Reaction score
This is going to be so tough to do since we have to tell them when to record. It's to bad we can't have them record during the whole game. But here are so initial ideas that come up to my head.

WHEN TO RECORD
- Record one at the 12th man flag raising.
- Record the second one at the first 3rd down Defensive play.
- Can you decide at the moment when to record the last final one?

OTHER IDEAS ** (MAKE SURE EVERYONE THERE KNOWS)

- Make a huge banner in front of stadium and other places in the parking lot sayings
"GUINESS BOOK OF WORLD RECORDS will be here... etc" explaining the situation

- Hire fans in different parts of the stadium to walk up and down the stairs with BIG LIME GREEN signs that say WORLD RECORD NOISE ATTEMPT NOW! and someone next to that person getting people hyped up. Do this for every stadium section.

*I'm really nervous, because as the 12th man we are recognized as one of the loudest... if we don't get this and somehow Kansas City does, it would be an embarrassment. So we gotta go ALL IN on this. Remember Kansas City also has an extra 20,000 fans... and what makes me even more nervous is it's a SF game, lot's of 49er fans... they will probably be quiet. We need to limit the amount of 49er fans that get into the game. So don't sell your tickets to someone who could be a 49er fan!

WE CAN DO THIS!

RockHawk

Reaction score
I loved this on the PFT article about the KC Chief fans doing the same thing, from the comments section:

With all due respect to Chiefs fans….Arrowhead stadium doesn’t have anything on Quest Field. I’m a 49ers fan and former Air Force guy who attended a Seahawks/49ers game once and Quest field is ungodly loud…like inconceivably loud….louder than being on a tarmac when jets are taking off loud. I just don’t see Arrowhead getting even close to that level. But I know Chiefs fans ARE passionate!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/17/chiefs-fans-want-a-shot-at-loudest-crowd-record/