World Record Attempt on Sept 15th

OP
OP
O

OfficialVolume12

Reaction score
I have a video of Dave Kreig talking about this...can't wait to post it. Chiefs fans are gonna S**T themselves!!

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Chiefs' fans have a great gameday culture. Their tailgates and stadium atmosphere are fantastic.

I have ssen Seattle play there on 3 occasions including a MNFootball game and the floodwatered SNFootball game.

Arrowhead is great and they love their team, but they don't do it like we do.

Nobody really does. But that will probably start to change across the league with the advent of this Guinness thing. The path to success is often duplicated.

Across the NFL, Minnesota is probably closest to our noise level and they have a dome. And their dome holds more people.

If it were filled with Seahawks fans, it would be so loud it would amount to a public health risk and they would make domes illegal. Or Seahawks fans.

dbsn2420

Reaction score
Welcome to .net and thanks for getting this organized. This record will be tough but I'm confident the 12's can get it done. Getting the word out will be the key. Flyers posted ouitside the CLink, flyers at the local pre-funk establishments and maybe some at the Train Station and Ferry Terminals as well as some stretegically placed banners will help. I just sent the invite to all my FB friends.

I would request Guinness record every time SF is trying to convert on a 3rd or 4th down and of course at anytime a big play happens. It would also help if we can positively identify exactly where Guinness will be located. If it is not a distraction to the players maybe we could position an odd colored or bright flashing light that could be turned on when Guinness is recording.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
I won't be at the game, but I'll yell here in Eastern WA whenever you say to. :)

Go Hawks!

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Get a short spot on the radio the week leading up to the game, maybe contact local news (tv) as well. I'm sure they'll be all over it, but a reminder never hurt anyone.

Riley12

Reaction score
I'm dreading this.

Any stadium, particularly a place like Jerry's Death Star, can pack in 100,000 people, close the roof, and get their fans to scream extremely
loud for a couple of seconds if it means a shot at some record.

We actually have a an impact (shut up JSeahawks), game in and game out, year in and year out, whether it is a winning season or losing
season. Chiefs fans probably meet or surpass that ongoing belief and passion in their team and to say that the "loudest" place is one
where a couple of samples are taken at one game is pure nonsense.

This record attempt, like the upcoming season, makes me happy that people are excited and full of anticipation, but the effect on me is a severe cooling of the jets.

Now, will I be at the game and yelling like I always have for the last 13-whatever years? Of course. I'll also be there when the team is rebuilding again and yelling just as loud, even if I'm only surrounded by 20, 000 other fans like when I was in Husky Stadium and later in the new Seahawks Stadium.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Riley12":3c0oshfm said:
I'm dreading this.

Any stadium, particularly a place like Jerry's Death Star, can pack in 100,000 people, close the roof, and get their fans to scream extremely
loud for a couple of seconds if it means a shot at some record.

We actually have a an impact (shut up JSeahawks), game in and game out, year in and year out, whether it is a winning season or losing
season. Chiefs fans probably meet or surpass that ongoing belief and passion in their team and to say that the "loudest" place is one
where a couple of samples are taken at one game is pure nonsense.

This record attempt, like the upcoming season, makes me happy that people are excited and full of anticipation, but the effect on me is a severe cooling of the jets.

Now, will I be at the game and yelling like I always have for the last 13-whatever years? Of course. I'll also be there when the team is rebuilding again and yelling just as loud, even if I'm only surrounded by 20, 000 other fans like when I was in Husky Stadium and later in the new Seahawks Stadium.

I feel the same way Garth. With all due respect to the originators of the idea, I see no positive benefits coming from this.

Riley12

Reaction score
Great minds think alike, Dom!

I just figure the Cowboys or some other unworthy club will win because they can get way more people to cheer at one place and time than we can, for a few brief seconds. Then, that noise will disappear forever, but the title will remain.

I have a nightmare vision of an America's Team/Football's Loudest Fans crawl during their obligatory Thanksgiving game. Barf.

OP
OP
O

OfficialVolume12

Reaction score
I'm sad to hear that you don't have faith in the Seahawks fans to own this record. I only ask that you don't perpetuate this mentality. I never went into battle thinking I was going to lose. We will win this record an you two will stop this nonsense.

xCalibur

Reaction score
lol...gotta love Joe...Here is another idea Joe...Get with the local media outlets. I am very sure they will be willing to report this on the news the day before the game to help get everyone on the same page. That is what i miss most (well 2nd most) about living in Seattle. The local and family type atmosphere. ...i am sure they will all be willing to help out.

BigMeach

Reaction score
You're afraid to lose? Are we talking about the same fanbase? The same fanbase that rivaled the earth moving and tectonic plates shifting?!

BigMeach

Reaction score
You're afraid to lose? Are we talking about the same fanbase? The same fanbase that rivaled the earth moving and tectonic plates shifting?!

Tical21

Reaction score
Welcome Joe and congrats on the rugrat. The raising of the 12th man flag is a really good one, but I think the stadium is the loudest immediately following a false start or delay of game penalty.

Tical21

Reaction score
OfficialVolume12":3ky0xrk7 said:
Lots of Seahawkers think that we should record during the first 49ers possession.
That is probably a pretty good bet, especially if they get the ball first.

Riley12

Reaction score
I guess I am being misunderstood. I know that Cowboys fans sit on their asses and barely cheer. All reports confirm this. I know that
Seahawks fans can and do impact the game.

But, if a record comes down to 100000 fans out screaming 62000 fans for a couple of seconds on one particular day, then that has doom
written all over it.

All due respect, Joe, when you went on the field, it was an 11 vs. 11, not 18 vs. 11. You mean to tell me you could win THAT battle?

hawker84

Reaction score
Doesn't matter how many the other stadiums holds or that it's a dome or not, not only are we the most rabid fans around , our stadium is designed unlike any other to amplify that.. We got this...

Cartire

Reaction score
hawker84":3rlyv565 said:
Doesn't matter how many the other stadiums holds or that it's a dome or not, not only are we the most rabid fans around , our stadium is designed unlike any other to amplify that.. We got this...

I love the enthusiasm. But I think a rationale debate about this is justified. I dont see it as debbie downers as much as I see it as precautionary outcomes.

What if another stadium does beat us? Right now, its a pretty well known fact that we have the loudest stadium. And its something we take pride in, and it hasnt even been accurately measured. We go off false starts, third down conversion rates, and player testimonials. We had Michelle Tofoya last year doing a mic excerpt showing the volume.

As of right now, we already own the praise of being the loudest. Its its pretty much agreed upon by the majority of NFL fans, regardless if they like the hawks.

But what happens when another stadium can artificially or organically beat us with a measured spectrum. Now we can no longer hold that honor. Other fans who currently revel at our volume will no longer see that as a staple of the 12th man.

I love the idea, and I think it will be fun and I have high hopes of us holding at least the NFL stadium record (133 WR is crazy hard to beat). But I think we havent considered the outcome if we fail. Were already in first place nationally. The only other way to go is down.

Latest posts