Witherspoon Hasn’t signed yet.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Awesome...

I'm not sure we overacted to be honest Jer. There were 259 players selected in the draft, Spoon was the very last to sign. Any die hard fan is going to be concerned about the reasoning behind that. Especially fans lucky enough to rarely sniff a top 5 pick.
Trufant did the exact same thing. It's nothing to be concerned about. He'll ball out (hopefully) and this will all be forgotten.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Looks like Schneider did not budge. Its a lot smaller too. Got 64% guarantee when it was rumored he wanted 100%, didn't even get the 75%.Witherspoon was probably worried about the rapid blowback by fans, but the damage is already done.

He will have that label of me first player for awhile. He will have to ball out for people to forget about this, if he makes mistakes its only going to magnify. There were other people who wanted Carter(me) so he will be constantly compared to Carter as well. The expectation is going to be really high for this kid.

*edited*
Not sure if he actually got the 100% or not, i just woke up and for some reason i calculated the bonus signing w/ his contract. No reports on who won this dumb standoff.

Like I said above, it looks like as of 2021 all 1st round pick's contracts are fully guaranteed.

I think the delay was about what years the bonus money was paid out.

edogg23

Reaction score
How did we make it 10 pages without anyone questioning why the Seahawks have such a cash flow problem that they have to defer more of his signing bonus than other players drafted around him. Is this the beginning of cashflow issues that are going to get worse with Jody running the team?

kidhawk

Reaction score
How did we make it 10 pages without anyone questioning why the Seahawks have such a cash flow problem that they have to defer more of his signing bonus than other players drafted around him. Is this the beginning of cashflow issues that are going to get worse with Jody running the team?

Everything I've read says that it's their standard practice. Nothing new and not stemming from any cash flow issues.

It's probably not true, but I wanna blame the Malik McDowell fiasco

Jerhawk

Reaction score
...because that's simply not true lol. Where are you getting this information from?

edogg23

Reaction score
Just some rumors flying on the internet but it makes a lot of sense.IMG 6956
IMG 6957

jammerhawk

Reaction score
This is a pure accounting problem and does not establish the team has a cashflow problem at all. There are billions of dollars in team equity and money flows from ticket sales amongst other things. I rather regard this report above as alarmist rubbish.

Mick063

Reaction score
We are less than a decade away from watering our crops with a sports drink because "electrolytes". Cash flow concerns? Another example of folks doing their "research" by sitting on the toilet and browsing their phone. The slippery slope into "Idiocracy". In the old, old days, we burned grandma for practicing witchcraft. I give that two decades to make its return.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Trufant did the exact same thing. It's nothing to be concerned about. He'll ball out (hopefully) and this will all be forgotten.
Can't compare Trufant's situation to Witherspoon. There was no rookie wage scale during Trufant's rookie year. This was implemented in 2011.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
It didn't.
I said that there was a possibility that they were trying to keep enough in the piggybank to cover for some players that might come along in the first wave of cutdowns by other teams.
You do realize that this isn't a ''Money is no Object'' business, right?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
A bunch of dudes talking in a chatroom/forum isn't exactly damning evidence that the Hawk's are cash poor.

Can I get a legitimate link to where Schneider "stated outright that the Hawk's are cash poor?"

ryank24

Reaction score
Looks like Schneider did not budge. Its a lot smaller too. Got 64% guarantee when it was rumored he wanted 100%, didn't even get the 75%.Witherspoon was probably worried about the rapid blowback by fans, but the damage is already done.

He will have that label of me first player for awhile. He will have to ball out for people to forget about this, if he makes mistakes its only going to magnify. There were other people who wanted Carter(me) so he will be constantly compared to Carter as well. The expectation is going to be really high for this kid.

*edited*
Not sure if he actually got the 100% or not, i just woke up and for some reason i calculated the bonus signing w/ his contract. No reports on who won this dumb standoff.
Gonna disagree with him having a me first label for a while. Somebody had to be last to sign, turns out it was Spoon. I’d guess the average fan had no idea he wasn’t signed yet. If the guys ahead of him were getting 85%-100% up front, it seems fair for him to try.

If he started missing preseason games, that’s a totally different discussion. But I’m just excited to see him play for the Hawks, and this whole situation means nothing to me.

OP
OP
JPatera76

JPatera76

Reaction score
A bunch of dudes talking in a chatroom/forum isn't exactly damning evidence that the Hawk's are cash poor.

Can I get a legitimate link to where Schneider "stated outright that the Hawk's are cash poor?"
Agreed this screenshots are nothing other than a “jag” trying to push the narrative..without evidence as well that the team is cash poor which… isn’t the case.

And nothing Jodi does has a relevance to the team. Her money and the teams money aren’t all one. Lol 😂 so the screenshots are foolish at best.

sutz

Reaction score
It's not about being "cash poor." It's about maintaining enough space under the cap to handle future opportunities.

🤷‍♂️

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I'm sure that IF the team wanted to avail itself of an opportunity the cash could be found to do so. It's really all just accounting. Just sayin'.

Unlike a few non-competitive teams the Hawks regularly spend to the limit of their cap, they are competitive regularly as a consequence.