Witherspoon Hasn’t signed yet.

JPatera76

Reaction score
And with TC coming up.. how does this look and affect things?

Imo not a great way to start

jammerhawk

Reaction score
My post #196 on the roster thread noted this same concern.

I note in passing that the team still hasn't got either rookie draft picks CB- Witherspoon or RB- Charbonnet signed to a deal yet. This is a bit of a present day unusual situation with rookie contracts however the RBs are trying to attempt to vary the terms of their standard contracts.

I suspect that Witherspoon will get done before Charbonnet.

Mick063

Reaction score
The entire RB position across the league is revolting. The agents are getting in on it. It may pose a potential problem for the Seahawks, but if it poses a problem for all of the teams then it is still a level playing field relative to competition. I wouldn't be surprised if the entire NFLPA jumps into the fray.

OP
OP
JPatera76

JPatera76

Reaction score
The entire RB position across the league is revolting. The agents are getting in on it. It may pose a potential problem for the Seahawks, but if it poses a problem for all of the teams then it is still a level playing field relative to competition. I wouldn't be surprised if the entire NFLPA jumps into the fray.
I thought about this, as well however with Charbonnet being a rookie, I’d imagine there isn’t much they can do with that contract other than whatever there cba says.. and the kids gotta still prove himself at the NFL level

Hawkmode

Reaction score
Cap space was the only hold up and Nwosu was just extended (even though I thought Noah Fant would be the extension to "free up" cap space). Training camp begins in earnest tomorrow!

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Cap space was the only hold up and Nwosu was just extended (even though I thought Noah Fant would be the extension to "free up" cap space). Training camp begins in earnest tomorrow!
Fant is the most expendable player on offense. With Parkinson and Dissly, he's more a luxury and than a need. But unfortunately releasing him doesn't save any money.

Last edited:

Hawkmode

Reaction score
Fant is the most expendable player on offense. With Parkinson and Dissly, he's more a luxury and than a need. But unfortunately releasing him doesn't save any money.
Interesting opinion...sure hands in a TE who excels in the seam is expendable? ( 3 dropped passes in 2 yrs while being targeted 153 times at a 79.4 % completion) 4 Vert passing is very hard on coverage but with Fant as the TE in a 3WR (11 personnel formation) package featuring DK/Tyler/JSN...why rob Geno of a huge advantage?

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Interesting opinion...sure hands in a TE who excels in the seam is expendable? ( 3 dropped passes in 2 yrs while being targeted 153 times at a 79.4 % completion) 4 Vert passing is very hard on coverage but with Fant as the TE in a 3WR (11 personnel formation) package featuring DK/Tyler/JSN...why rob Geno of a huge advantage?
When I say Fant is expendable, it's not to discredit his talent. The Seahawks have 2 top 20 WRs possibly 3 if JSN lives up to his potential, they have 3 potentially solid RBs, 2 of which excel in the receiving dept. That's why I said Fant is expendable. How many targets will he get? He got 63 last year but there wasn't a bonafide 3 WR on the team and the rb situation was influx. Now those areas are seemingly improved (on paper at least).

Hawkmode

Reaction score
When I say Fant is expendable, it's not to discredit his talent. The Seahawks have 2 top 20 WRs possibly 3 if JSN lives up to his potential, they have 3 potentially solid RBs, 2 of which excel in the receiving dept. That's why I said Fant is expendable. How many targets will he get? He got 63 last year but there wasn't a bonafide 3 WR on the team and the rb situation was influx. Now those areas are seemingly improved (on paper at least).
It means Fant will play "invisible"...he's too dangerous to be ignored with so many other Seahawks "demanding" coverage...with even an average defense our offense can count on adding 2-3 additional drives per game. JSN and our RB stable might mean that when our offense does begin a drive...ability to pick up irst downs might "jump"...

Wolfiegrrl

Reaction score
I'm sure the Front office is moving money around. Look at the extension of Nwosu and the restructuring of Diggs. So far there is a lot of signing bonus up front getting paid to these top 10 guys. Sure most of them are QBs but who's to say Witherspoon doesn't want his money up front? Even if it takes until tomorrow to get it done, Spoon missing day one doesn't seem like a big deal to me.