Winfield agreed in principle - 1 year

Status
Not open for further replies.

kearly

Reaction score
Dirty Bird":2mqsano4 said:
What's all the fuss about a guy who's turning 36 in June?

As you should know from Tony Gonzalez, not all players age the same. Winfield has played his best football since after turning 30.

Shadyhawk182

Reaction score
I still hope we draft Tyrann.
BUT. out of ALL this talk. I dont know why people keep talking about the hawks in the same light as the Eagles, dream team fiasco.
But....i could see how this team could make people make comparisons to the Jets a few years ago when Sanchez looked like he was their ticket, and that defense...and running game......THATS the comparison im worried about.

kearly

Reaction score
It just dawned on me. Our secondary has 5 players that have made a pro-bowl or all-pro in the past 3 years. FIVE! How many secondaries in NFL history can say that?

NYCoug

Reaction score
Redskins fans are the most delusional fans in the league, without a doubt in my mind. Yesterday I checked out this blog post from the Washington Post and was amazed at the idiocy in the comments. There are really LEGIONS of Redskins fans who think the Redskins are far superior to the Seahawks and that the Redskins are definitely Super Bowl bound. I thought about posting it but it would have been so random and out of context that no one would have cared.

Here's the link. It's about the Seahawks being "thought to be in the lead for Winfield."
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...for-winfield-with-vikings-still-in-the-chase/

Actually pretty funny to look back on some of the comments now that Winfield has actually agreed to join Seattle.

Brithawk

Reaction score
BlueTalon":2zd9l4hj said:
Brithawk":2zd9l4hj said:
Been reading various places about Winfield, still my 1st year of watching NFL properly so didn't know a great deal about him.
Bleacher Report rated him No.6 out of 100 CBs in 2012
Welcome!

If you value your brain cells, stay the hell away from Bleacher Report like it's the black plague. The occasionally have things there worth reading, but finding them is like looking for your favorite pen in a septic tank.
Just about everything represents a better place to get information. If you are a Seahawks fan, your search should always start right here.
Don't worry, i'm well aware of the retardedness of BR. Any decent blogs/sites about?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
1280403082_gob-and-lindsay-chicken-dance.gif

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
You can understand the Deadskins ire towards us. They have become our favorite post-season bitch.

We've knocked them out of the playoffs three times in the last eight seasons.

We own those chumps.

seahawksTopGear

Reaction score
Lil ol forgotten Seattle is becoming the team everybody loves to hate. We have never been in this position before and I love it.

We get to significantly upgrade the position for 3mil - cost of bringing back Trufant = peanuts. Love it and can understand why fans of other teams hate it.

vonstout

Reaction score
New to the forum. I lived in Seattle when I was in junior high and the Hawks were in their second year in the league. I live near Madison WI now. A lot of people around hear still like the Hawks because of the Holmgren ties. There's one thing about this deal I don't like. I read an article late last night (can't find the link this morning) that said the Hawks don't have as much cap space as people think and we may have to release Mike Robinson or McQuistan. It also takes the chance of signing Kam to an extension less likely and stated that we may be thinking we won't be able to resign him.

My thoughts: I still can't believe that Z. Miller and S. Rice are taking up that much cap space. Great link below:

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-seahawks/cap-hit/

I think we should dump Rice and go after a WR in the 3rth or 4th round.
Tyson Clabo for a contract similar to Winfield?
Draft the following (no specific order): DT, LB, RT, RG, WR (to replace Rice), Speed RB. That would make me happy.

Renohawk

Reaction score
I don't know if this has been brought up; however, with Winfields ability to be stout against the run and short passes, that is such a huge benefit for the Hawks vs. teams with running QB's i.e SF and Kaepernick. His ability to come up and quickly identify and attack the run will be a huge factor this year.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
vonstout":20esqnmn said:
New to the forum. I lived in Seattle when I was in junior high and the Hawks were in their second year in the league. I live near Madison WI now. A lot of people around hear still like the Hawks because of the Holmgren ties. There's one thing about this deal I don't like. I read an article late last night (can't find the link this morning) that said the Hawks don't have as much cap space as people think and we may have to release Mike Robinson or McQuistan. It also takes the chance of signing Kam to an extension less likely and stated that we may be thinking we won't be able to resign him.

My thoughts: I still can't believe that Z. Miller and S. Rice are taking up that much cap space. Great link below:

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-seahawks/cap-hit/

I think we should dump Rice and go after a WR in the 3rth or 4th round.
Tyson Clabo for a contract similar to Winfield?
Draft the following (no specific order): DT, LB, RT, RG, WR (to replace Rice), Speed RB. That would make me happy.

Thing is, they have plenty of time to add players in the draft and then make those kind of decisions.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
The problem with dumping Rice, in my opinion, is that we only have one other guy that can really play at the X, Golden Tate. Harvin can line up there, but he will be far more effective getting moved around the field. Baldwin is a slot guy.

If there were a Julio Jones-type WR that could play at a high level immediately in this draft and if Seattle still had the picks to move up and get him, maybe we could ditch Rice and do that. However, the WRs in this draft are projects to differing degrees and even if there were a Jones-type in the draft, we don't have the picks to get him because of the Harvin deal.

We can't let go of Rice this year, especially in a year where the Lombardi is a possibility. Our WR depth actually worries me because Rice has to stay healthy for another 16+, and I'm worried about his ability to do that.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I love when we play the Redskins in the playoffs. It's a guaranteed advance to the next round.

GCrow

Reaction score
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 2h
Antoine Winfield's deal with #Seahawks is for 1 year, $3M with $1M guaranteed. He turned down a similar, fully guaranteed deal with #Vikings

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 2h
Among the teams that made several calls to Antoine Winfield: #Patriots & #Broncos. They joined #Vikings, #Redskins & #Seahawks. Seattle won

The legend of John grows...

Status
Not open for further replies.