Will Levis

Ozzy

Reaction score
He looks really good so far. Station loved him and got killed for it but I love his potential

renofox

Reaction score
We definitely missed a chance at a QBOTF since we didn't even try.

Sometimes you hit but usually it takes a few tries to find a QB in the draft. I felt we needed to at least start taking a chance and trying.

I'll be real disappointed if we end up starting the 2027 season with Geno/equivalent because we never tried to find the QBOTF. Seems like a strong likelihood.

CactusJack

Reaction score
His college film was too much like Lock. He has the physical tools. But his decision making at times would make you say, WTF was that!?

He's a younger version of Drew.

Last edited:

knownone

Reaction score
I thought Levis was the #1 or #2 QB in the draft.

He looks pretty raw out there. I don't follow the Titans, but I'm a little shocked to see him getting multiple starts this early.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Levis was my pick when I only had his 2021 tape, but 2022 was a bad year for him, and it revealed a lot of the drawbacks to him.

My expectation is that he'll be a quarterback with some glaring inconsistencies, and he'll never be great when pressured. He's kind of just Drew Lock with more potential. He'll always have a goof gene.

With that said, the Titans would do well to try to build around him and extract top-12 quarterback play from him by surrounding him with a great cast and hoping he develops. He's certainly more fun to watch than Tannehill.

Kinda reminds me of Jake Locker in some ways. Could just be that he's a Titan, honestly.

Fade

Reaction score
He's everything you want, save for the bonehead throws.

Like Favre, he trusts his arm too much and it gets him into trouble.

If that gets coached out of him, he can be a big time player.

James in PA

Reaction score
He just blew a chance for a game winning TD against Shittsburgh. That would have elevated him significantly in my book. Too bad. Still, I see potential & didn't get all the hate leading up to the draft.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I haven't watched but a few of his plays... but from what I have seen, when under duress, he throws off his rear leg, drops his elbow and floats the ball... INTs.

That is a major flaw that needs to be corrected for him to stay in the league as a starter.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
He’s playing better than I expected. I bet the Steelers to win this game, but Levis had me nervous right down to the end.

bileever

Reaction score
Levis has a future, but still a lot of rookie mistakes to iron out. He took too many sacks tonight. He didn't use his legs much to get out of trouble or extend plays.

I did see a strong arm that's capable of making some spectacular throws. But I think it's too early to say if he's going to be an upper level QB.

Who knows, maybe the Seahawks were going to pick him at 37. (He was picked at 33.)

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Levis has a future, but still a lot of rookie mistakes to iron out. He took too many sacks tonight. He didn't use his legs much to get out of trouble or extend plays.

I did see a strong arm that's capable of making some spectacular throws. But I think it's too early to say if he's going to be an upper level QB.

Who knows, maybe the Seahawks were going to pick him at 37. (He was picked at 33.)
The thing that impressed me most was his ability three times to complete passes under EXTREME pressure.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I thought Levis looked as good last night as he did in his 4 touchdown first start. The dude is uber talented. I think a lot of the success rate is dependent on your surroundings though so it will be interesting to see how Tenn builds around him.

Ozzy

Reaction score
The thing that impressed me most was his ability three times to complete passes under EXTREME pressure.
He hit a dude in stride over the middle over the top of a receiver that was a gorgeous throw.

KinesProf

Reaction score
Was really interested to see what he was going to do during crunch time on those last two drives. Man, that last drive, ended it with an INT and had two should have been INTs before that. Good learning situation that should make him better.

bileever

Reaction score
Right now, I rank him ahead of Bryce Young and Richardson. And way ahead of Malik Willis. Funny how the draft experts often get it wrong.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I'm OK on us passing on Levis and not opting to trade up to get one of the top 3. John Schneider is the one that wanted us to draft Russell and was all over Mahomes and Allen and probably would have drafted one of them had we not been committed to RW, so I trust his judgement.

Besides, I'm shickled titless over our drafting Witherspoon.

knownone

Reaction score
Seattle probably passed on Levis because he was not ready to be a starting QB. Several predraft reports mentioned that his throwing mechanics would take time to fix. Evidently, his college mechanics made his performance inconsistent, leading to the occasional high/wild throws. And, while I am no QB expert, that appeared to be an issue for him last night.