Wild Card Watch Thread

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
A lot of whining going on for a team that has a magic number of 6 with 10 to play, plus the tiebreaker. They lost a game by one run, oh the horror. Sometime you crap the bed. Big deal. It's a 162 game season. Suck it up and get ready for playoffs, because they are getting in. Sorry to tell you, but it's not going to be pretty. Especially with all the injuries. But, get in to the post season and ANYTHING can happen. Period. If you still can't enjoy it, you likely never will.

Threedee

Reaction score
A lot of whining going on for a team that has a magic number of 6 with 10 to play, plus the tiebreaker. They lost a game by one run, oh the horror. Sometime you crap the bed. Big deal. It's a 162 game season. Suck it up and get ready for playoffs, because they are getting in. Sorry to tell you, but it's not going to be pretty. Especially with all the injuries. But, get in to the post season and ANYTHING can happen. Period. If you still can't enjoy it, you likely never will.
There's a difference between the common 1-0 and 2-1 losses (think Felix era), and that. Especially having had a massive lead.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Get over it, it happened. Teams have crap sandwich games over 162. They have earned the spot they are in. 10 games left with a magic number of 6.
I'm sorry if it isn't pretty enough for some people. This fanbase, ffs. When they make it, please feel free to be angry about it, because it wasn't perfect. Oh the horror.

Threedee

Reaction score
Get over it, it happened. Teams have crap sandwich games over 162. They have earned the spot they are in. 10 games left with a magic number of 6.
I'm sorry if it isn't pretty enough for some people. This fanbase, ffs. When they make it, please feel free to be angry about it, because it wasn't perfect. Oh the horror.
No. I still haven't gotten over the Cleveland loss from 2001.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, that's your issue. I'm concentrating on seeing this team make the playoffs. Living in the past, that's your jam. Whining and moaning about it isn't going to change it. It's ONE LOSS. Big f'ing deal. Suck it up and pull for your team. If they actually are your team. You seem like you want them to lose so you can tell us "I told you they suck!"
Letting a single loss in a 162 game season ruin your life, that's just plain sad.

Go M's, 24/7 365

Last edited:

Threedee

Reaction score
Well, that's your issue. I'm concentrating on seeing this team make the playoffs. Living in the past, that's your jam. Whining and moaning about it isn't going to change it. It's ONE LOSS. Big f'ing deal. Suck it up and pull for your team. If they actually are your team. You seem like you want them to lose so you can tell us "I told you they suck!"
Letting a single loss in a 162 game season ruin your life, that's just plain sad.

Go M's, 24/7 365
Yeah, they're not actually my team. I'm just hanging out on this subforum, pretending.

Threedee

Reaction score
That's what I figured. Lighten up man. Enjoy baseball a little. It's gonna' be ok.
Well, I'm only complaining about one very stupid game. I'm not one of the guys who hovers over this subforum like a vulture, predicting negativity at every turn.

Chapow

Reaction score
Everybody still want Cleveland in the playoffs? Because they're the hottest team in baseball right now. 9-1 in their last 10 and currently on a 7 game win streak.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Everybody still want Cleveland in the playoffs? Because they're the hottest team in baseball right now. 9-1 in their last 10 and currently on a 7 game win streak.
Cleveland dominates bad teams.

Oops, win streak over

W

Welshers

Come on boys find a way to win tonight... it's so close we can taste it

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Mariners have truly sucked since the braves series. Just got to get in and hope we stop sucking

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Like I mentioned in the other thread, they look tired AF. Anyone else see that? Zero juice. Wake up boys. We all have seen what you can do. They're not in this position to make the playoffs by accident. It wasn't long ago they won 14 in a row. I have kind of accepted that they are truly backing in. But again, just get in. The playoff energy will light a fire under these guys. That being said, Servais and the veterans have a job to do: Getting these guys fired up!
Anything can happen in the playoffs, everyone is 0-0. But it's very clear that Julio is w/out a doubt the heart of this team. They entire team feeds off of him. I'm not even sure that's debatable. Completely different team w/out him. Also, in the off season, time to get another bat or TWO to add to the mix. Just my opinion.

Latest posts