Why Pete Carroll didn't allow SF Score a TD

jdblack

Reaction score
DavidSeven":25tdnr8p said:
You might if you were short stacked with only two or three blinds left and didn't know the other guy's hand or if he'd even call.

Heh sure, but the analogy breaks down a bit if you refine the poker scenario like that. Our opponent is never going to fold in the NFL.

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
billbird2111":2veo3k76 said:
EastCoastHawksFan":2veo3k76 said:
I would never let the other team score . Tony Romo botched snap is a good example

I don't understand why Gore still wasn't ruled out of bounds. Yea he fell inbounds but then proceeded to roll out of bounds before anyone touched him ?

If anyone can explain that too me it would be great

PS - I don't think it changed the outcome nor Do I think us losing by 2 Pts was a bad thing .

When you're down, you're down. It doesn't matter where you roll after the knee hits the ground. It's the same reason why touchdowns don't count if a player rolls into the endzone AFTER the knee has hit the ground. Once it hits -- you're done.

Think of the "ground can't cause a fumble" rule.

It's the second straight year where the game in Candlemistake Park hinged on ONE play. Both games have been really close. Yet -- both games in Seattle have been blowouts. Your team marches all over us.

If there is a rematch, and it is the NFC Title game, our only hope is that we've been there before and the Seahawks haven't. That's not much hope to hold out -- but it's the only thing we have going for us.

Oh -- and another thing? Somehow, someway, this team has gotten into CK7's head. He saves up and plays his worst game of the year against Seattle. I just cannot understand it.

Congrats on winning the division. I'm positive that you'll be back to your winning ways this weekend.

Nah your wrong about that , That's College football . In the NFL you can fall , get back up and keep running. My thing was Gore went down and rolled out of bounds without even getting touched. It's not like he fell in the field of play for multiple seconds , it was basically bang-bang. I think some refs would have stopped the clock.

travlinhawk

Reaction score
I think the funniest thing would have been for Sherman and Thomas to grab Gore and drag him in for a touchdown before he went down. But all kidding aside I think Pete did the right thing for this particular game.