Why not more interest in...

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
...Fluker. Neal. Woods. Clowney. Henry. Ford?

I do not understand WHY there is not more interest from the hawks in these people. I further do not understand the "let 'em go, give 'em a taste of FA, and then hope we get them back on a bargain to save 200K on some of them." Makes absolutely NO sense to me.

Until the draft is complete - I suppose I will continue banging my head against the wall, hoping that whatever 'rebuild' strategy that PC and JS have in mind - isn't a complete failure.

Arg! I'm officially not getting it. But sure, let's keep paying Adams 10MM a year. We could probably have most of this list for the same price except for possibly Henry in the mix.

Unless I'm completely daft - The list above would address/fix 'most' of our problems. But yea, a new quarterback and telling Adams that he's doing a great job when he hasn't even shown UP - is gonna put us in 'win now' mode!

Last edited by a moderator:

Mix

Reaction score
Adams, Lockett, Metcalf have contracts that if reworked would free up cap space this season.

AgentDib

Reaction score
There's not much point to replying if you're just going to restart your threads without reading or responding to previous replies.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
I do not understand WHY there is not more interest from the hawks in these people. I further do not understand the "let 'em go, give 'em a taste of FA, and then hope we get them back on a bargain to save 200K on some of them." Makes absolutely NO sense to me.

Until the draft is complete - I suppose I will continue banging my head against the wall, hoping that whatever 'rebuild' strategy that PC and JS have in mind - isn't a complete failure.

Arg! I'm officially not getting it. But sure, let's keep paying Adams 10MM a year. We could probably have most of this list for the same price except for possibly Henry in the mix.

Unless I'm completely daft - The list above would address/fix 'most' of our problems. But yea, a new quarterback and telling Adams that he's doing a great job when he hasn't even shown UP - is gonna put us in 'win now' mode!

View attachment 58528
Small nitpick, Adams has absolutely shown up. He’s gotten injured in-game and hasn’t been available but he has most definitely shown up and left it all on the field.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Small nitpick, Adams has absolutely shown up. He’s gotten injured in-game and hasn’t been available but he has most definitely shown up and left it all on the field.
When? He can rush the QB, but he has been a liability when not rushing the QB, and being asked to be a safety. His coverage skills are average at best. Should have cut bait 2 years ago with Adams.

warden

Reaction score
The Seahawks would have to do some major restructuring if they want to resign anymore free agents. As of now they are 2+ million cap money short to sign the rookies. This could change if they trade back from the number five or if they cut someone. We have until June 1st to comply with the rookie contracts.

Just for your information, we do not have the cap space to cut or trade Adams before June 1st.

Jville

Reaction score

View attachment 58528

I assume you don't understand why the rest of the league (31 teams) have, to date, shown no interest as well.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
When? He can rush the QB, but he has been a liability when not rushing the QB, and being asked to be a safety. His coverage skills are average at best. Should have cut bait 2 years ago with Adams.
What's your definition of shown up, then? He has deficiencies were known. He came in, played how he was asked to, and gave 100% at all times on the field. If it was failure without effort, sure I'd agree with you. Failure while giving everything is still "showing up".

evergreen

Reaction score
WHAT DOES BROKE MEAN HERE? We are using all of our cap space.

toffee

Reaction score

Let me try:​

Fluker: old and lack necessary mobility for zone blocking​

Neal: Love can all the stuff he could but better and younger. The better part may be debatable.​

Woods: old but if he would accept a lower contract, he might still be back?l
Cownley: cost vs productivity, age and availability?
Henry: no idea.
Ford: Poona hasn't been good for couple of years

sounded right?

Hawkspeed

Reaction score
The Seahawks need to create some "Cap Space".

They might need to trade away some of their biggest assets, such as Tyler Lockett or Jamal Adams (for a loss?). Both players have a lot of value / cost and should allow us to sign our Draft Picks and some "budget" free agents...such as DJ Fluker!

In my opinion, we should concentrate on Defense other than the obvious need at offensive Center...Please bring us Schmitz!

We all love Tyler Lockett, but this might be a trade that could happen.

Kamcussionator

Reaction score
Henry is the only non-JAG on that list, but would you pay him $10M+ to split time with Walker? If not, that's really expensive insurance.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
The thing with Fluker is he can never put in a full season healthy when he played and got trucked and abused a lot when he was healthy. Clowney I question his desire and work ethic tbh