Why does RW get a pass ?

bmorepunk

Reaction score
OP seems to be annoyed with a specific person or people, but isn't talking to them. Just talk at everyone in a passively aggressive (or aggressively passive, it's your choice) manner, I guess.

mrt144

Reaction score
bmorepunk":3msbntjy said:
OP seems to be annoyed with a specific person or people, but isn't talking to them. Just talk at everyone in a passively aggressive (or aggressively passive, it's your choice) manner, I guess.

This is like everyone on the forum right now.

mrkyle

Reaction score
I think you need to look at benching Wilson for awhile, for a similiar reason as dallas just benchen weeden.

He just doesnt convert downs, and keep drives alive. Its not gonna get any better. Bring in TJ see how it goes. Hire new OC and qb coach next year an work with wilson all off season. Wilson just lacks to many things NFL qb's have to do. I have been seeing this for years. He doesn't throw well in the pocket. His out routes are questionable. He doesnt get rid of the ball to a hot route on a blitz. It like watching freaking Minnesota years, With Rich Gannon. Sack, Hurry, Hurry , Hurry. Blame the oline. No mention that your qb isnt gettting the ball out. He pulls it down at any rush. Seattle is easy meat right now. Wilson one of the three Griffin, Kaep, WIlson, spectacular young players, that havent evolved into qb's,

Reason 4th quarter leads are gone. Is all of WIlson Three and outs, and small drives exhaust the defense. By the 4th there hashed.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
mrkyle":1vox8flf said:
I think you need to look at benching Wilson for awhile, for a similiar reason as dallas just benchen weeden.

He just doesnt convert downs, and keep drives alive. Its not gonna get any better. Bring in TJ see how it goes. Hire new OC and qb coach next year an work with wilson all off season. Wilson just lacks to many things NFL qb's have to do. I have been seeing this for years. He doesn't throw well in the pocket. His out routes are questionable. He doesnt get rid of the ball to a hot route on a blitz. It like watching freaking Minnesota years, With Rich Gannon. Sack, Hurry, Hurry , Hurry. Blame the oline. No mention that your qb isnt gettting the ball out. He pulls it down at any rush. Seattle is easy meat right now. Wilson one of the three Griffin, Kaep, WIlson, spectacular young players, that havent evolved into qb's,

Reason 4th quarter leads are gone. Is all of WIlson Three and outs, and small drives exhaust the defense. By the 4th there hashed.

I dont want to attack you but benching wilson? :lol: Ya im sure Tjack will perform better with the state of our running game and Oline.

People do realize we have had a lead going into the 4th quarter EVERY SINGLE GAME right...

Not like we are getting demolished here.

Fade

Reaction score
mrkyle":4q35b346 said:

mrkyle

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":2io8syof said:
hawkfannj":2io8syof said:
I was wondering why does RW get mostly a pass on his performance? IMHO he is just as much to blame as anyone! Just a weird thing I picked up on . His contract is mega superstar can take the team ony back and win money .and he really has not lived up or looks like he will not this year at least . so my real question is when are we gonna criticize him and his play without the excuses?
Many people are aware of Wilson playing poorly.

I've seen quite a bit of instances where the blocking is sufficient enough to make a throw but he decides to scramble around instead of throwing the ball.

Wilson causes sacks himself!

The offensive lineman don't have eyes behind their heads they can't see where he's moving, sometimes the OL are not responsible for Wilson taking sacks.

I'm not saying the o line are great by any means but they can't be blamed all the time.

True a quick release guy. who not be given up the sacks like this.

mrkyle

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":351fc2w8 said:
mrkyle":351fc2w8 said:

I dont want to attack you but benching wilson? :lol: Ya im sure Tjack will perform better with the state of our running game and Oline.

People do realize we have had a lead going into the 4th quarter EVERY SINGLE GAME right...

Not like we are getting demolished here.

Who knows tjack being a diff qb than wilson maybe gets a spark. And it could be the best thing for wilson ever. If he saw a lifelong backup, able to move the team better than him

mrkyle

Reaction score
And I am saying its time for a fix. Because everyone knows if he keeps playing like this all year. The team only wins 5 or 6 games, everybody will be calling for it.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Wilson is having the highest comp% of his career 68% , not sure what his numbers were today but lets take a step back. Baldwin and Kearse are playing horrid so is the O-line most of the time. Wilson isn't Rogers but I'm not ready to give up on him just yet.

peppersjap

Reaction score
jeremiah":2vsk4kua said:
This is the NFL of 2015. Either you can score 24 points on offense every week or you lose more than half of your games. It was a big mistake to give RW a franchise QB paycheck. You don't do that to any player without making sure you have blockers in front of him. In 3 years he will be 30 years old and the running around and taking hits will have taken its toll. On the other hand, a center is more valuable to this team than an unable to block TE. The tore the O line to shreds, then give 21 million to a guy with a guaranteed contract.....LUNACY....
Unger could not stay healthy and had very little to do with us getting to the Super Bowl last year and has been less than impressive this year in New Orleans. They also let James Carpenter go who was not a bust but very close and they would have had to paid him 1st round money. Maybe they should find a TE that can block because that is not what Jimmy Graham is, he is a great receiving threat and we saw that today!

davidonmi

Reaction score
mrkyle":3i5j6uvt said:

:34853_doh:

Throwdown

Reaction score
so what exactly is good enough?

Sit him down lmao that's ridiculous he's the only one that's shown up on the offense.

davidonmi

Reaction score
Wilson is not playing to his highest standard. But let's be real, 8 Y/A passing no turnovers, 8 rushes for 53 yards, against a pretty decent defense even.
Those same people who are blaming everything on him are probably doing it because of his contract. the guy has always been a top 8-10 quarterback. Everyone not named tom brady or aaron rodgers is overpaid at the QB position, it's just how it works. So expecting him to be something he hasn't been was simply unrealistic. If the defense could hold a lead we aren't having this conversation right now

davidonmi

Reaction score
there are very few QB's that can carry their teams on a weekly basis. Wilson is not one of them, never has been, probably never will. But stop acting like he's the only issue. There are about 5 bigger

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
There is one area Wilson is just terrible right now 3rd down conversions, he can't convert to save his ass it's horrid and a bigger problem than red zone offense. If it stays this bad we will finish under 500.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
ok I'll bite.... this question is for you guys who insist not just that the online is not a problem but also that Wilson is.... How do you explain the disappearance of our run game??????????

Beast averaged 3.2 yards today despite displaying a ferocious effort. He had no where to run....

Now remember that we were built from the get go to be a "Run first offense" and our play designs and schemes were created to benefit the run game first then to let that open up the pass....

Now please take a moment to contemplate that before you post again about how it's "all Russell Wilson's fault" why don't you....

SeaChase

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":mibce5o4 said:
I really wish Russell Wilson would call a better offensive game.
I really wish Russell Wilson would block better for himself.
I really wish Russell Wilson would get open so he could throw to himself.
I really wish Russell Wilson would tackle better on defense.
I really wish Russell Wilson was a better defensive coordinator.
I really wish Russell Wilson could cover tight ends better.
I really wish Russell Wilson wouldn't give up 80 yard drives consistently.

Did I miss anything?

RW given a pass? No time to throw and an OC who is as predictable as living with someone with OCD? There are certainly things he could do better but I will not put the sole blame on him.

Hold up, I think you missed a few.

You missed where Russell Wilson holds the ball to long.
You missed where Russell Wilson doesn't see open WR's.
You missed where Russell Wilson is horrendously inaccurate.
You missed where Russell Wilson plays it too safe and doesn't throw the ball until the WR is wide open.

Did I miss you missing anything?

erik2690

Reaction score
SeaChase":17mp9sfs said:
You missed where Russell Wilson is horrendously inaccurate.
You missed where Russell Wilson plays it too safe and doesn't throw the ball until the WR is wide open.

What? His comp. % is high, like ~4th in league maybe. You can't be high in comp. yet "horrendously inaccurate. Maybe you mean he misses some throws. Also, he has thrown it up for people to go get, maybe not as much as you would like, but he has thrown into tight spaces.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":1uymslsb said:
hawkfannj":1uymslsb said:
I was wondering why does RW get mostly a pass on his performance? IMHO he is just as much to blame as anyone! Just a weird thing I picked up on . His contract is mega superstar can take the team ony back and win money .and he really has not lived up or looks like he will not this year at least . so my real question is when are we gonna criticize him and his play without the excuses?
Many people are aware of Wilson playing poorly.

I've seen quite a bit of instances where the blocking is sufficient enough to make a throw but he decides to scramble around instead of throwing the ball.

Wilson causes sacks himself!

The offensive lineman don't have eyes behind their heads they can't see where he's moving, sometimes the OL are not responsible for Wilson taking sacks.

I'm not saying the o line are great by any means but they can't be blamed all the time.

I don't believe RW is playing poorly. His completion pct is highest it's been in his career so far. He's throwing for more yardage in games. He's on pace to obliterate his stats numbers this year. His TD totals are down and his sack numbers are up. I think there is a connection between the two here since the Seahawks have one of the worst, if not the worst, red zone offense in the league. He tends to get a lot of sacks in the red zone due to the lack of consistent blocking up front and the failure to adjust the offense in that area.