Why do I get the feeling...

kidhawk

Reaction score
Then I guess I'll just get this out of the way now. Yes I do miss him. Whether we end up doing just fine without him and even if we win the super bowl right away and go on to win several in a row, i still miss the guy. He's just fun to watch. With that said, I'm ready to move forward with the players we have as I have done every year of this team's existence.

Let's Go Hawks

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I’ll suck 1000 years to never see another hype video or Cringey video riding another dead man’s coat tails.

I won’t miss the running around and screwing over an oline who had a perfectly fine pocket.

I’m happy.
I'd take that over 90% of other QBs in the league. And what dead man's coat tails are we referring to?

keasley45

Reaction score
Thankful for the memories, but i won't miss the style of play or the persona. We'd become the Russel Wilson show, not because we couldn't do anything else, but because he had a style of play that was uniquely his. Whether he couldn't do more or chose not to is irrelevant. I'm looking forward to getting back to team ball... complimentary ball, where we can actually see what our OC is capable of designing. If, in the context of playing that way, we lose a few because we have a clear weak spot at qb... well, that's why we have 2 firsts and 3 seconds next year.

I had no more tears to shed after our SB loss to the Pats. Wish him well. But at peace with him riding the donkey in Denver.

Last edited:

Jerhawk

Reaction score

I wanted him gone after this and the giants game in 2020

Lol ok. Yeah that is cringey.
But I'm sticking to my guns he gave this team the best shot to win.
A season of Lock and Geno will have us all missing Wilson at QB imo

Rat

Reaction score
We'll miss him like half of this season, but in three years, when Russ' contract is the NFL equivalent of Russell Westbrook's, this meme will be used strictly as a joke.

JPatera76

Reaction score
honesty like a couple weeks after the draft i missed him, but the more i read up on our guys and checked out what i can of camp...

this teams got all new energy and swagger theyve been missing since Lynch and the LOB slowly faded, as of right now it looks like that swagger and toughness is back...

So nope not missing him nor will it.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He was my favorite player, but I think it was obviously time for both sides to move on. What I will miss most is WINNING. He did that a LOT.
But I'm glad they are not going to pay him 50 plus million, which is exactly what he will command and get. Hopefully they lose every game they play, other than the Rams game.
Come the 4th quarter of many games this year, I get a feeling people will appreciate him more. Because Lock or Geno? So many L's on the way.
Hope to be very wrong on that. And to be 100 percent honest, he has turned a little too hollywood. I never wanted to admit that, but the cringe worthy stuff shows up a little more when he's not on your team. If that makes any sense. Best QB by far in the history of the Hawks. But, I'm ready for whatever they throw out there, thru thick and thin. You're either in or you're out.
I get accused of being a pom pom/homer etc. I think this team is going to be average at best. Hopefully many plates of crow will be consumed.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Everyone's forgetting that Russ was the one who forced his way out, Pete and John only obliged him because their relationship became untenable with their star QB who insisted on throwing everyone else but himself under the bus every time we and he failed.

Russ was going to make as difficult as possible for us to keep him, so we didn't. The End.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Thankful for the memories, but i won't miss the style of play or the persona. We'd become the Russel Wilson show, not because we couldn't do anything else, but because he had a style of play that was uniquely his. Whether he couldn't do more or chose not to is irrelevant. I'm looking forward to getting back to team ball... complimentary ball, where we can actually see our OC is capable designing. If, in the context of playing that way, we lose a few because we have a clear weak spot at qb... well, that's why we have 2 firsts and 3 seconds next year.

I had no more tears to shed after our SB loss to the Pats. Wish him well. But at peace with him riding the donkey in Denver.

Pretty much, the memories will always Have him as a part of it and I’m thankful for them.

But midway through that 2020 season in my eyes it felt like Russ was for Russ and this not the team that it once was, it wasn’t fun anymore it felt sad what we had become.

I don’t think this new found energy and fire is here if he still is. I’m happy and I’m at peace.

I can’t wish him well cuz…
1. He’s a bronco, and I hate them
2. The worse he does, the better picks we have from them

jammerhawk

Reaction score
RW didn't want to be here anymore, so he got himself traded, that's it. Sure we'll miss him, but when the King is dead a new King has a coronation ceremony. We will wait with anticipation until that happens. Let's move forward.

Wilson gave the team ten years of very watchable football but it sure appeared his skills were beginning to tail off a bit, or he wanted to play a different offence than that he earlier had succeeded with playing. To me the team made a solid calculation as to where they were with him and whether they wanted to pay him $50 mil/yr. or not. The answer was they were not. He was my favourite Seahawks player for a long time but frankly I was happy to see him traded.

With some good fortune the future looks to be bright with the haul rec'd in return for RW, but patience is needed to allow that to happen with a responsible measured approach to obtaining the next QB who with luck will give the team another ten years of highly watchable football.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
I think what I’m going to miss the most is that confidence going into the 4th quarter, that if the Seahawks were down, we still had Russ and his abilities to bring the team back from the jaws of defeat. That confidence is something I enjoyed for the better part of 10 years. Been a fan of this team since the beginning and I can clearly state that those 10 years are completely different than the previous 36.

I am excited for the future as I always have been with this team. I just hope it’s not another 3 1/2 decades until the next franchise QB arrives. If it is, my view will have to be on a cloud hovering over the stadium.

I’ll miss his play but damn he got corny and weird. I think fame and money will do that.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
The last 7 and a half years of ALMOST, but NOT QUITE = NOPE.
The first couple years were great, he had the SPEED & Hang in There, BUT as time went on & he wasn't layering his skillset, wasn't reading the Tougher Defenses, relying TOO MUCH on chunk plays, wasn't taking the layup shots that the Defenses were giving.
Some of y'all can try'n blame Carroll for Wilsons shortfalls...BUT come on, after a while, you have to admit that he owns some of the criticisms for HIS not so glamorous funk plays.
I do NOT dislike Wilson, but he got what he wanted, and that was O-U-T of Seattle.

keasley45

Reaction score

Honestly, I think the dude has gone full-in on the image he's created of himself. And... I have a sneaky feeling the wheels are gonna come off sooner than later. He wanted to be like Brady. He's got the celeb life / wife down. The rest?

Again, thankful for all the memories. But this guy... If he struggles to play something other than Russ ball, all the A-list nonsense is gonna wear thin on his teammates.

Good luck, Donks.

nanomoz

Reaction score
It has something to do with . . .

Attachments

• geno-smith-broken-jaw-new-york-jets-2015-1045743281.jpg
    geno-smith-broken-jaw-new-york-jets-2015-1045743281.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 1

Latest posts