Why do I get the feeling...

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Won't miss him one bit. He wasn't the same player or personality any longer. We got a good deal for him and won't get handcuffed with a 50 mill a year deal for a qb in obvious decline. I think the team is happier he is gone.

BleuEyedHawk

Reaction score

I wanted him gone after this and the giants game in 2020

I'd never seen that video either and like others, I couldn't watch much of it. I do like the photo that OP posted - looks like old Russ in his early years wearing a baseball uniform (Didn't he participate in a Yankees spring season ?)

Throwdown

Reaction score
I'd never seen that video either and like others, I couldn't watch much of it. I do like the photo that OP posted - looks like old Russ in his early years wearing a baseball uniform (Didn't he participate in a Yankees spring season ?)

Yeah he did, none of that bothered me at all. But this Mamba Mentality video rubbed me the wrong way and I am admittedly petty enough for it to stay that way. Don’t get me started on doing a hype video coming back from injury and then getting shut out in Green Bay though, that one took me past the point of no return. Towards the end it felt like Russ was building his legacy as a mogul and was forsaking the team for his gain.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
OK folks, he's a Bronco. Enough already or this thread goes to the NFL Forum where it out to be anyway.

Yep he played baseball, spring training anyway, for the Yankees for a couple of years. if kept, the team would have had a QB with declining skills paid $50+ mil/yr. who wanted to play a different scheme than the coaches wanted. Some would have been happy with him staying and others situationally sad. While he will be missed the reality is clearly that he wanted be be traded and to no longer be here.

For those of us fans from the time the team began, Seahawks faithful are not really big fans of anything Bronco and especially Elway. Wilson didn't want to be a Seahawk anymore and is now a Bronco and I could give two hoots as to WTF he's up to anymore. He can be a media star or whatever he wants to be but he's still a freaking Bronco. Just to be clear he's a freaking Bronco not a Seahawk to be repetitive. I hope we kick his Bronco rear hard when theBroncos come to town to open the season after that I don't really much care but suspect if we beat him up others might too. His escape moves have lately become very predictable.

Jegpeg

Reaction score
RW was great fun to watch I will miss that but the super bowl window had closed before he left. A mix of successful players demanding high saleries (not just Wilson) and arun of draft picks that didn't work out made it almost certain. The Jamal Adams trade was a desperate attempt for one more season before the lack of draft picks kicked in and that didn't work out. Wilson wants to win, saw he wasn't going to do that here and left.

BleuEyedHawk

Reaction score
In the biginning years, I found him to be amusing and nothing bothered me either. The midnight "We got it done Seattle" video was the determining factor for me. I decided then to actively not look and avoid his media. I even muted his interviews after games. (He wasn't going to say anything of value anyway).
Yeah he did, none of that bothered me at all. But this Mamba Mentality video rubbed me the wrong way and I am admittedly petty enough for it to stay that way. Don’t get me started on doing a hype video coming back from injury and then getting shut out in Green Bay though, that one took me past the point of no return. Towards the end it felt like Russ was building his legacy as a mogul and was forsaking the team for his gain.

GemCity

Reaction score
I’ve seen a decent amount of folks on here that, as close as possible, actually despise Russ. So, I’m sure that group is relieved.

I’m excited for the future.

Now, back to my draft of crafting a “I told you Drew Lock sucks” and “We should’ve kept Russ” response that I’m posting NLT week 4.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
He's gone and I'm over it.
I really like the sound of what I'm hearing and what I'm reading about our defense so far in TC. Our offense is holding it's own too. So they are playing each other and not a different set of players from another team, but I really like the feel of how TC is going and the way our guys are responding to the challenge. It gives me hope that this year isn't going to be as bad as so many think and predict.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Russ will bring Denver a bowl and bring glory to two nfl franchises when it’s all said and done. Pete will have single handedly burned our franchise to the ground just in time for it to be sold. The Wilson derangement syndrome is strong here
I’d bet he doesn’t. He’ll get paid $50 mil./yr. Denver fans will revolt then get hurt a few times further sapping the Broncos.

Loved him here but he’s no longer ‘my quarterback , sniff’.

toffee

Reaction score
I’ve seen a decent amount of folks on here that, as close as possible, actually despise Russ. So, I’m sure that group is relieved.

I’m excited for the future.

Now, back to my draft of crafting a “I told you Drew Lock sucks” and “We should’ve kept Russ” response that I’m posting NLT week 4.
I am a Cadillac fan, having own quite a few over the decades, I stopped liking models after 4th gen Seville which ended in '97, I don't like Caddy from '98 onwards.

Similarly I am a Russell Wilson fan, but not the post '19 edition of DangerRuss.

keasley45

Reaction score
I’d bet he doesn’t. He’ll get paid $50 mil./yr. Denver fans will revolt then get hurt a few times further sapping the Broncos.

Loved him here but he’s no longer ‘my quarterback , sniff’.

I dont think he'll even sniff 45 a year. After this season, the cats outta the bag on Mr Unlimited. He doesn't have a coach to blindly protect him anymore.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Personally I'm ready for whatever the future brings, but for those of you that do miss him, there's always this...

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Russ will bring Denver a bowl and bring glory to two nfl franchises when it’s all said and done. Pete will have single handedly burned our franchise to the ground just in time for it to be sold. The Wilson derangement syndrome is strong here
Bwaaahahahahaaaa no he won’t

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I will miss him in the 4th quarters for sure. ANYWHERE in the Red Zone. And probably after every time we take a sack.

The guy is really into himself. Makes sense. If you had the life he had, you would probably believe most of what he says too. Cannot dispute it.
I knew someone that was connected to the NC State team. Shared all about him. Wilson did what Wilson wanted to do, even back then.
But he was shrewd and calculating, some of what was shared with me didn't make sense then but does now.
I always thought Wilson was a bit of a narcissist. But he won football games. So who cares?
We won, for the most part, initially because the LOB/Defense could shutdown anyone and combined with Lynch + Wilson - we were near unstoppable.

A lot of his former teammates did not like him. Most, in fact. That is telling. But we don't need to like him or want to hang out with him. We need him to win football games. He WAS VERY GOOD at this.

Now, part of this was defenses were not used to QBs like him. As more guys like him, Mahomes, etc play defenses adjust. And you have seen that even Mahomes had his challenges. But he was an extremely difficult challenge for opponents to overcome.

Pete will be able to do what he wants now, but he won't have that cushion that Wilson afforded. And the weird magic that offset all the missed plays was probably worth it.
However, spilt milk and all...he is gone. So if you want to see if he was legit, we will see in Denver. Same thing with whether Pete can muster a playoff team consistently without him.

I will miss the fireworks and incredible plays. I won't miss the weird stuff off the field and that incredibly annoying sense of self importance (though admittedly he earned the right to do that).

We were still lucky to have had him.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Our window closed once the LOB left. Russ was never getting us there as the centerpiece of the team.
I respectfully disagree. I blame the front office more than Wilson for not returning to the Superbowl. Had they drafted better and not done the Graham and Adams trades, Wilson could've got the Hawks back in the big game

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We would have won that 2nd SB if we had not traded Unger and Tate. Probably would have won the 3rd (Denver barely beat the freaking Panthers).
Wilson was not the reason we did not win another SB again.