Why are we keeping Jacob Eason

toffee

Reaction score
We have Jacob on roster, what is he all about? Our backup should either be some one who is vet savvy that could step in and perform ie nick Foles, or, some youngster that has an upside that's learning from the sideline i.e Jimmy G.

What about Eason? Is he here happily collecting a paycheck or fighting to start?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
He's a practice squad caliber QB that's a placeholder until a better cheap 3rd QB can be drafted or acquired.

If we're being honest, the Hawks have never been good at finding young QB's to develop on the practice squad.......unless you're developing QB's to get drunk and high and hurt people.

sutz

Reaction score
You need more than two arms in training camp, or else your starter, whoever that is, ends up with dead arm from fatigue. They might add a 4th along the way, just for that reason.

Ruminator

Reaction score
We have Jacob on roster, what is he all about? Our backup should either be some one who is vet savvy that could step in and perform ie nick Foles, or, some youngster that has an upside that's learning from the sideline i.e Jimmy G.

What about Eason? Is he here happily collecting a paycheck or fighting to start?
I guess he was rated as a five-star recruit at one point. Played for Lake Stevens HS and UW. I've never seen him play in an NFL game, so who knows.

ryank24

Reaction score
He's only 24 years old, crazy strong arm, and he was a 5 star recruit for a reason. He'll probably never do much/anything in the NFL. But the slim chance that he actually learns how to play QB and read a defense is worth the 3rd spot on the depth chart for now.

Rat

Reaction score
He's not keeping us from acquiring someone who could start for us. No harm in having him in camp; not like the guys ahead of him have been anything other than disappointing in their careers. I imagine he's gone if we sign Baker, although who knows, maybe he could win the backup job.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
He's not keeping us from acquiring someone who could start for us. No harm in having him in camp; not like the guys ahead of him have been anything other than disappointing in their careers. I imagine he's gone if we sign Baker, although who knows, maybe he could win the backup job.
May want to let him practice with first team some, just to see where his game is at.

Last edited:

Chuckwow

Reaction score
QBs need both arm and brains to find success at most levels of play. Eason's arm is Favre-like. SURE the hell coulda' used another year at the Dub. He's made himself some bank but I think skipping his senior year, after being forced to sit out a year just a couple years earlier...like I said, he has the arm but...

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
QBs need both arm and brains to find success at most levels of play. Eason's arm is Favre-like. SURE the hell coulda' used another year at the Dub. He's made himself some bank but I think skipping his senior year, after being forced to sit out a year just a couple years earlier...like I said, he has the arm but...
Sounded like he needs to play, too bad NFL Europe is gone, may be XFL? Or there's always Arena, and follow the steps of Warner.

Latest posts